Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Came out at the same time as "No country for old men" which was a far superior film imo.

Restricted myself to one per director to make room and have got far more enjoyment from Big Lebowski than NCFOM.  Same reason there's no Magnolia though I'm not as sure of the decision to put TWBB above that.

just awful man. i used like day lewis but he's so affected in his own pomposity now. the king of ham. hated him in gangs of new york too. 

Adam Buxton and Garth Jennings discussed it on the Radio.  I enjoy their discussion almost as much as the DDL performance.

http://bogginsnuggets.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/i-drink-your-milkshake-adambuxton.html

favourite seven films twitter template:

something pretentious

a french film

a hitchcock

a black and white one

a spaghetti western

a kitchen sink drama

a rubbish recent film that no one else "got"

Edited by Dr Gloom

something pretentious - There Will Be Blood

a french film - Amelie

a hitchcock

a black and white one - Dr Strangelove

a spaghetti western - Fistful of Dollars

a kitchen sink drama

a rubbish recent film that no one else "got" - Eternal Sunshine

Almost a full house :D

Didn't intend for it to be a dissection of my favourites though, let's have some others.

Parky's will be 7 pretentious black and white ones, 3 of which he's even watched.

His wikipedia states he moved to the tough area of Greenwich. Now I am by no means an expert on the tougher areas of south london but is Greenwich one of them?

In the 1970s and 1980s, prior to gentrification, I could imagine it had bad areas.

That reminds me, saw a film called Sing Street at the weekend set in Dublin. Was like a cross between the commitments and Gregory's girl, but not as good as either.

His wikipedia states he moved to the tough area of Greenwich. Now I am by no means an expert on the tougher areas of south london but is Greenwich one of them?

Like most areas of London, even Greenwich has some proper grotty parts.

The Day-Lewis residence, however...

C_Day-Lewis_-_6_Crooms_Hill_SE10.jpg

:lol:

I go jogging around there quite a lot, it's overlooking Greenwich Park and not exactly gang turf, no.

something pretentious

a french film - A Very Long Engagement/La Haine

a hitchcock - Vertigo

a black and white one - The Maltese Falcon

a spaghetti western - The Good The Bad And The Ugly

a kitchen sink drama - Tokyo Story (not sure this counts)

a rubbish recent film that no one else "got" - Primer

That works quite well although it misses out a Coen brothers and a Star Wars.

Showing my ignorance here but never knew his dad was the poet laureate.

Whey aye, man. His sister is that TV chef who needs to tie her hair back anarl.

Edited by Alex

Dead Pool

Let down. Barely cracked more than a smile in the first half. A few good laughs later on.

Was looking forward to the violent, sexual nature of the humor... Expecting a real grown up super hero film but got "zany" comedy with unicorns and "hashtag x".

Not a patch on kickass, or even kingsman.

Dead Pool

Let down. Barely cracked more than a smile in the first half. A few good laughs later on.

Was looking forward to the violent, sexual nature of the humor... Expecting a real grown up super hero film but got "zany" comedy with unicorns and "hashtag x".

Not a patch on kickass, or even kingsman.

Agreed, though I prefer Kingsman to Kickass.

Aye. 'As funny as friends' is about as damming with faint praise as you can get.

Also, it doesn't subvert convention as much as i was led to believe either. It more draws attention to how slavishly it sticks to convention.

Just seen David Brent. Mixed feelings on it. I like the angle the film took (ie.Brent's mental health/insecurities) but the film was essentially the same two jokes repeated about ten times and the ending was a straight rip off of the office finale. Worth a watch though