Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Where Eagles Dare, Burton and Eastwood, what a combination. Classic.

Mandy with Nicholas Cage, watched about a quarter of it as that was all we could put up with. It's well fucked up, it's had good reviews across the board but it is too strange for my tastes.

American Animals, based on a true story it is another one with good reviews but the ending is shit IMO. Walked away from it thinking that was a waste of time.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Happy Face

• David Kelly

• Gemmill

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel sorry for Fish Jr.    Fish-“ I think the character progression between season 1 and 2 leaves a lot to be desired- what’s the motivation for him to keep returning to the garden,  and w

Dave man!

In the ancient & Royal Scottish Border Burgh of Jedburgh the house where MQOS rode out from to visit her injured lover Boswell at Hermitage Castle in Liddesdale still exists, as does the blood soa

Posted Images

:D

For a young chap, navigating the stormy waters of early adolescence, in search of the remotest chance of seeing some fleeting glimpse of late-night tv titties, any film of Wor Ingrid’s was an absolute home-banker. 

( that’s banker…). 

Unless it was Where Eagles Dare… but I’m almost positive I probably tore the neck off it when she showed up in that anyway :D

• Haha 1

Venom.  It seems to have been getting panned by critics and took about five minutes to see why.  The dialogue is poor, there's surprising little chemistry between Hardy and Williams and the performances in general of the three strong leads was poor.  That said, by the end I found myself quite enjoying Eddie Brock/Venom combination.  It feels like they missed a trick with the humour there could have been with them but what they got in was quite good fun.  

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Venom.  It seems to have been getting panned by critics and took about five minutes to see why.  The dialogue is poor, there's surprising little chemistry between Hardy and Williams and the performances in general of the three strong leads was poor.  That said, by the end I found myself quite enjoying Eddie Brock/Venom combination.  It feels like they missed a trick with the humour there could have been with them but what they got in was quite good fun.  

Yeah the critical reviews I've read have put me off paying to see it in the cinema. Sounds like Sony still can't get the Superhero film right. Clunky dialogue, pointless sub plots and lots of bad CGI instead of practical effects.

I thought Hardy would have the range to play the character and I thought the successes of Deadpool and Logan would convince the studio to let the source material speak for itself. It's a shame as it could have easily been decent, but it sounds pretty bad with only a few redeeming moments.

20 hours ago, The Fish said:

Yeah the critical reviews I've read have put me off paying to see it in the cinema. Sounds like Sony still can't get the Superhero film right. Clunky dialogue, pointless sub plots and lots of bad CGI instead of practical effects.

I thought Hardy would have the range to play the character and I thought the successes of Deadpool and Logan would convince the studio to let the source material speak for itself. It's a shame as it could have easily been decent, but it sounds pretty bad with only a few redeeming moments.

I actually think it benefitted from not being a Marvel studios film mind.  Their polish has gone a bit too far now for me, I liked (to an extent) the fact that it was a bit clunky.  If I'd paid to see it it, I would have less than impressed mind.

I went to see A Simple Favour last night.  It's a bit of a weird film that comes across as Gone Girl made by the Hallmark channel.  Reasonably entertaining but again I wouldn't have liked to have paid for it.

19 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I actually think it benefitted from not being a Marvel studios film mind.  Their polish has gone a bit too far now for me, I liked (to an extent) the fact that it was a bit clunky.  If I'd paid to see it it, I would have less than impressed mind.

I went to see A Simple Favour last night.  It's a bit of a weird film that comes across as Gone Girl made by the Hallmark channel.  Reasonably entertaining but again I wouldn't have liked to have paid for it.

I don't follow? You liked it (to an extent) because it wasn't as well put together?

Venom - was alright and it's been lined up for a sequel, not the best but not the worst (struggles against the big budget avengers related stuff mind)

Ant-Man and the Wasp - entertaining enough, quite funny etc

(obviously if you don't like the comic book stuff you won't like these)

All the money in the world

Canny enough. John Paul Getty, old cunt and oil tycoon, had his grandson kidnapped. They demanded $17mil and he told them them fuck off. He eventually offered $2.9mil but only cos $2.2mil was tax deductible. He made his son pay him back the other $700k at 4% interest :lol:

21 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

An actor needs range to play a superhero now? 

Should always be the case that the actor isn't just a cardboard cutout. Superhero movies only got good after the director, studio and actors paid the source material a little more than a cursory glance. Material that has revealed a characters depth over the decades.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

In that case it just doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't you want a well put together film? 

Exactly what Ayatollah said.  Most of the most polished music in the world has very little interest to me and personally I find that in a lot of cases action films made in the 80's and 90's are, while a bit clunky in places, far more enjoyable to watch than better put together movies that are being released these days.