Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Expend4bles - A massive, steaming pile of shit. I went into it with zero expectations and it somehow still came below. Violence and explosions all CGI, and embarrassingly bad (made The Flash look like Avatar by comparison).

Shame really - I liked the first two for what they were - a cheesy throwback to 80s action films.

On 16/10/2023 at 18:37, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. and I going to see Killers of the Flower Moon on Friday night. 

Stay tuned for my in-depth review and tiddie count. 

Soooo

Very, very good. 
Quite a slow-burner, even though you know early on who the bad guys are. 

De Niro is decent (thank fuck he’s packed in the shite comedy), Di Caprio is excellent, but the standout is Lily Gladstone, who plays Molly- Di Caprio’s Osage wife. 

Briefly, it’s about the murders of Osage Native Americans in the 1920s for their oil rights. 

More here.

My only criticism is that it’s way too fucking long- 3.5 hrs is ridiculous for a movie that could’ve been very well done in half the time. 

Nee tiddies. 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Soooo

Very, very good. 
Quite a slow-burner, even though you know early on who the bad guys are. 

De Niro is decent (thank fuck he’s packed in the shite comedy), Di Caprio is excellent, but the standout is Lily Gladstone, who plays Molly- Di Caprio’s Osage wife. 

Briefly, it’s about the murders of Osage Native Americans in the 1920s for their oil rights. 

More here.

My only criticism is that it’s way too fucking long- 3.5 hrs is ridiculous for a movie that could’ve been very well done in half the time. 

Nee tiddies

TL; DS 🙂 

• Haha 1

The wife is away this weekend and I fancied a bit of mindless violence so put on John Wick 4. I paused it at 20 minutes in to find that it’s nearly three hours long. Fuck that. I can just about handle that for The Godfather but the fuck am I spending that length of time on a Keanu Reeves film.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The wife is away this weekend and I fancied a bit of mindless violence so put on John Wick 4. I paused it at 20 minutes in to find that it’s nearly three hours long. Fuck that. I can just about handle that for The Godfather but the fuck am I spending that length of time on a Keanu Reeves film.

John Wick 4 is magnificent. Saw it at the cinema and loved every minute

16 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

John Wick 4 is magnificent. Saw it at the cinema and loved every minute

Na it was the weakest of the four for me. It was too long and they cut way back on the gory violence from two and three which disappointed me tbh.

On gore, saw Saw X this weekend. Probably the best of the series since the first three.

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Na it was the weakest of the four for me. It was too long and they cut way back on the gory violence from two and three which disappointed me tbh.

On gore, saw Saw X this weekend. Probably the best of the series since the first three.

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 for me

I was howling as he kept nearly getting to the top of the steps just to get knocked down to the bottom again

Bullet Train another very enjoyable comedy violence movie I haven't seen mentioned

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 for me

I was howling as he kept nearly getting to the top of the steps just to get knocked down to the bottom again

Bullet Train another very enjoyable comedy violence movie I haven't seen mentioned

Aye bullet train was a good one. But JW enjoyment was chronological for me.

I'm a hypocrite. I was recently shooting CT down for basing his viewing habits on IMDB rating, I just found myself getting quite excited in the realisation that I never got round to watching The Many Saints of Newark. Then thinking "ah shit it's poorly rated on imdb, dunno if I'll bother now".

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

On this occasion IMDB is completely correct.

Aye, instead of taking all those years to remember why the first few seasons of the sopranos are some of the best television of all time they decided to maintain the trend from the final season and be unadulterated fucking shite.

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Horror season is upon us.

I watched Talk to Me last night with the rain battering against the windows. Perfect.

One of the best horrors I've watched in a long time. Probably since Sinister.

Aye it's really good. I watched the new exorcist this week. It's a requel (because everything is these days) but thought it was pretty good. But try hard at times, and would have preferred another season of the series from a few years ago (which was fucking brilliant) but it's well worth a watch.

What isn't however, is five nights at Freddy's. Absolute parcel of shite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Horror season is upon us.

I watched Talk to Me last night with the rain battering against the windows. Perfect.

One of the best horrors I've watched in a long time. Probably since Sinister.

Why did I read this.

Why did I decide to watch sinister.

Broad daylight and jumpy as fuck :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wasn’t even aware there was a series. Will start that tonight. 

Aye it's on prime (or was) first season is a direct follow on from the original film. Second season is new, and set up the third but they cancelled it. It's absolutely class though.

• 3 weeks later...

Prey is excellent tbf, and whoever criticised Predator 2 should be strung upside down and have their spine and skull ripped out through their back as trophy. Danny Glover should have won an Oscar, and Bill Paxton was great in just about everything he was ever in.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Prey is excellent tbf, and whoever criticised Predator 2 should be strung upside down and have their spine and skull ripped out through their back as trophy. Danny Glover should have won an Oscar, and Bill Paxton was great in just about everything he was ever in.

Bill Paxton Aliens GIF