Rafa Benitez's new side Dalian Yifang have agreed a deal with West Brom to sign Salomon Rondon, Sky Sports News understands.

The Chinese Super League club are now in discussions with the Venezuela striker and a deal could be agreed with him by Wednesday.

Rondon is said to be keen on working with Benitez again, having played under him on loan at Newcastle last season.

The 29-year-old's contract at West Brom has a release clause of £16.5m.

:lol: Fucking hell, going off the way he played last season he’s a steal at that price in the current market. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

:lol: £16.5m ffs.

How much yen is that FFS. Hope they both like Chop Suey.:)

Pretty obvious which end of the transfer market Bruce will be operating in if we won’t even pay that

I'm surprised that no Premier League clubs were interested at that price, or did he only want to play for Rafa. When i think of china I think of players at the end of their career looking for that last big payday. I don't put Rondon in that category. 

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm surprised that no Premier League clubs were interested at that price, or did he only want to play for Rafa. When i think of china I think of players at the end of their career looking for that last big payday. I don't put Rondon in that category. 

He's is that category, pretty much all players are. It's largely driven by agents.

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Local journo's on Twitter were saying that the package (transfer fee, wages and agents fees) had scared off the interested Premier League teams. When the likes of West Ham won't take a punt on him, maybe there's something to it.

Not what what he expects to hear from his loyal puntaz

C5CF45C9-D92C-464D-ABDA-48469F2BF12C.jpeg

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

good luck to him, will be on a fantastic wage for a few years taking him into his 30s. could probably retire after that stint and buy half of venezuela