Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

I don't get the dislike for him. We always got the authentic ASM, the good with the bad. Like I said earlier he really did try to adapt his game under Howe, but some of his fragility remained and there was a lack of clarity around his physical fitness as well with an injury cloud always hanging around. I do believe he loved the club and the supporters just not quite as much as he loved himself. I wish him well.

• Like 7

On his day, he was unplayable. Just a shame he struggled so much with consistency and injuries. Another mercurial French winger. Another one where where you wonder what might have been. If only his willingness to be coached matched his natural ability on the ball 

• Like 1

I’m touched by his farewell message on insta. I don’t think he wanted to leave. Shame it didn’t work out for him but I wish him the best. He did a lot of good work with local charities and seemed like a good bloke off the pitch. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, OTF said:

I don't get the dislike for him. We always got the authentic ASM, the good with the bad. Like I said earlier he really did try to adapt his game under Howe, but some of his fragility remained and there was a lack of clarity around his physical fitness as well with an injury cloud always hanging around. I do believe he loved the club and the supporters just not quite as much as he loved himself. I wish him well.

I didn’t dislike him- as Gloomy says, he seems like a nice bloke, who genuinely loved being here. 

As a player he was frustrating to watch as many times, if not more, as he was exciting to watch. 

Good luck to him. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, OTF said:

I am far from disliking ASM. He did frustrate me on the pitch quite often because his final decision was lacking awareness but overall he was a positive influence on and off the pitch. Ideally we could have been able to keep him but selling him to make funds available is a decision that does make sense.

The fee is ridiculous though. We probably had to take less money not to rattle the big cunts though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am far from disliking ASM. He did frustrate me on the pitch quite often because his final decision was lacking awareness but overall he was a positive influence on and off the pitch. Ideally we could have been able to keep him but selling him to make funds available is a decision that does make sense.

The fee is ridiculous though. We probably had to take less money not to rattle the big cunts though.

ridiculous isn’t it. File under the amount of money we settled for with the shirt sponsorship. ASM is easily worth £35-40m in this market 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

On his day he was unplayable. This sentence could be attached to any pro footballer. 

Nah. I can’t think of any other wingers who made Kyle Walker look as much of a chump as ASM did last season. We’re talking about one of the quickest, most talented right backs in Europe and ASM had him in back pocket all game 

• Like 3

The Goat loves getting dramatic on social media, you're all over reacting. 

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Good riddance. 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

On his day he was unplayable. This sentence could be attached to any pro footballer. 

Here is your new club lads.

• Haha 2

@asaintmaximin    :wub:   :nufc:

"4 years ago, I wore the Newcastle jersey for the first time. At that moment, I hadn’t realized that not only was I about to become a Newcastle player, but I was also about to become a Geordie.

You might think « nice Goodbye message » but the sentiment runs deeper than any words I could say, from the very first months that I met the people of this city, I truly understood them and embraced their unwavering passion, which is why it was so important for me to give my all and if this meant to play injured or even not making statistics, I didn’t give a shiy as long as it would help my team.

Believe me, I fell for Newcastle, I had great opportunities to leave during dark days, but that was too late I was already in love, I wanted, I needed, I had to stay for helping my team to save the club from Premier League relegation because it meant the world for me.

Of course during those dark days some may have had their doubts, but I always believed in this club and look where we are today, it's just so beautiful. I'm leaving Newcastle as it should always have been and that's my greatest trophy because I was a part of it.

A deep thank you to ALL of you, my team mates, the loyal fans, the staff, the Club, etc… I’ve seen all your messages, thank you and even though this chapter has ended, the story never stops. Newcastle is home now, I'll continue to be your biggest supporter, I'll watch every game and as long as the club keeps winning I'll be the happiest man in the world… and for sure you will see me again I love you,

I love you sincerely, I love you like a Geordie brother. Once a Geordie, always a Geordie."

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

The Goat loves getting dramatic on social media, you're all over reacting. 

Here is your new club lads.

We are overreacting? 

You're going on as if Messi is leaving the club.  Others too. He played 3 half decent games a season. He was a workshy soft cunt. 

• Haha 2

A player with outstanding qualities. He was too good for us on our worst days, but maybe he was missing something to fit in now that we have better days. Damn injuries didn't help him adapt too much in this year and a half.

Anyway, all this doesn't matter to me. A special boy is leaving. And I'm not going to talk about football now. Maybe I do it because I'm a tribune/popular with the fans, but I insist, I don't care.

From the first day he seemed in love with the city, with the community, with the club. He seemed involved with growing this team that was dead under Ashley's clutches. He never had a bad gesture, he always seemed kind to the fans, affectionate and careful with all the details of the club. A boy who seemed nice and was key to the good group in the squad.

And his farewell message couldn't be better.

At least I'm going to miss him a lot.

• Like 8

Nah sorry Wykiki, he was outstanding at times, frustrating at others. He gave hope when we were absolutely shit and he was entertaining when everyone else was Bruced. He clearly loved being the big fish in the little pond but then the pond got bigger. Wish him well wherever he goes. 

• Like 4

Whatever we, as fans, think of him, there’s absolutely no way he’d be leaving for £30m if Howe really wanted to keep him (as opposed to just saying all right things about him). 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whatever we, as fans, think of him, there’s absolutely no way he’d be leaving for £30m if Howe really wanted to keep him (as opposed to just saying all right things about him). 

He's worth more than $30m without a doubt. Ornstein said it was $ not €

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OTF said:

I was just trying to get a rise tbh. 

I wish him well, I agree with Isegrims posts from earlier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

@asaintmaximin    :wub:   :nufc:

"4 years ago, I wore the Newcastle jersey for the first time. At that moment, I hadn’t realized that not only was I about to become a Newcastle player, but I was also about to become a Geordie.

You might think « nice Goodbye message » but the sentiment runs deeper than any words I could say, from the very first months that I met the people of this city, I truly understood them and embraced their unwavering passion, which is why it was so important for me to give my all and if this meant to play injured or even not making statistics, I didn’t give a shiy as long as it would help my team.

Believe me, I fell for Newcastle, I had great opportunities to leave during dark days, but that was too late I was already in love, I wanted, I needed, I had to stay for helping my team to save the club from Premier League relegation because it meant the world for me.

Of course during those dark days some may have had their doubts, but I always believed in this club and look where we are today, it's just so beautiful. I'm leaving Newcastle as it should always have been and that's my greatest trophy because I was a part of it.

A deep thank you to ALL of you, my team mates, the loyal fans, the staff, the Club, etc… I’ve seen all your messages, thank you and even though this chapter has ended, the story never stops. Newcastle is home now, I'll continue to be your biggest supporter, I'll watch every game and as long as the club keeps winning I'll be the happiest man in the world… and for sure you will see me again I love you,

I love you sincerely, I love you like a Geordie brother. Once a Geordie, always a Geordie."

I'm a cynical old crapper, but that statement has actually got to me a bit. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm a cynical old crapper, but that statement has actually got to me a bit. 

Agreed. We can disagree about his value on the pitch but the consensus seems to be he was a good lad off it. He was good value on social media foo, interacting with fans, taking the piss out of mackems etc.

I’m sorry he’s leaving. I would have liked to see what he would have offered in the champions league 

• Like 2

Similar to what I was saying earlier, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with being sentimental as a fan. If you’re not you’re probably not much of a football fan. Good managers are ruthless though. I do think there’s other factors like FFP, for example. And I think it’s probably the case we got less than we might have just to avoid further scrutiny/hassle. But it’s also a position where we are well stocked and ASM is probably the least ‘Howe type of player’ we had in terms of wingers. 

• Like 6