The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

They’re not shelling out £20m+ on a 31 year old right back to cover for the 6-8 weeks that James is out. They also have Azpilicueta as back up already. It’s from a Sun article too btw.

I could see them being more of an issue in the Digne deal if he decides to go there on loan to hope Rafa gets sacked, but even then with Everton buying a LB it probably motivates him for a permanent move. 

• Like 2

Atheti are seeing €€€€€€€ in front of their eyes from NUFC, they're not doing any sort of deal with Cheksea...depends if the player himself gets his head turned if there is actually an approach ...sounds like there's a journo adding 2 + 2 and making 186,342  though..

• Like 3

Depends on the player really. Does he want to be 2 months cover for Reece James and then to spend a couple of years on the bench? He might if he wants to go and live in London again.

But if he wants a regular game, he'll come to us. As Howay says too, can't see Chelsea stumping up that much cash for a 2 month stopgap. I also can't see them matching our wage offer for a player they see only as a 2 month stopgap. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Depends on the player really. Does he want to be 2 months cover for Reece James and then to spend a couple of years on the bench? He might if he wants to go and live in London again.

But if he wants a regular game, he'll come to us. As Howay says too, can't see Chelsea stumping up that much cash for a 2 month stopgap. I also can't see them matching our wage offer for a player they see only as a 2 month stopgap. 

Agreed, I think it would also have a higher likelihood if they were really close in the title race but now they’re 11 points behind they won’t want to make that type of move when the chances of them overturning that is fairly slim. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, I think it would also have a higher likelihood if they were really close in the title race but now they’re 11 points behind they won’t want to make that type of move when the chances of them overturning that is fairly slim. 

Does he want Champions League football with Chelsea in 2023/24 or with us?

• Like 1

Tuchel said the other day in a press conference they are thinking in recall Emerson (on Loan in Lyon) this January. Emerson is Left Back. 

I think, Tuchel has some doubts with the level of Marcos Alonso, the only Left Back in their squad because Chilwell is out for the rest of the season, and probably they have though in Trippier because he is right back, but he player as left Back in England Squad... 

They have Reece James and Azpilicueta in RB, but is obviously Tuchel prefer Azpi as CB. 

Anyway... I think Trippier will go to Newcastle. 

• Like 1

Reece James is injured which is where this rumour has sprung up from. The chilwell injury has created the “omg Chelsea are in for Digne” rumour. I honestly think its all lazy reporting, they’ll likely move Azpilicueta to cover James and recall Emerson or loan a LB to cover Chilwell. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Hasn’t Trippier played a number of England games at left back? I’m thinking of any option other than playing Lewis The Coward.

Buying a RB and playing him at LB is the Newcastle United of old. It’s a new era.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Side or squad? Bit weird to name a side a day before a match innit?

Squad.

Simeone told yesterday, the decision to go or no is only a question of Trippier.

I guess the deal between clubs will be done more or less easy.

Anyway, Trippier is going to start today.

Linked with Aubameyang on loan this morning.

Given he’s off to AFCON he’d miss Watford and Leeds but more importantly I’m not sure whether he has the attitude for a relegation battle.

• Like 1

With Wilson out I still think we definitely need a new striker in for Watford and Leeds. Those two games could decide our season and I really can’t see where the goals are going to come from to beat them.

• Like 3

• Tom locked this topic