The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

He's the sort of player that could keep us up tbh. Creative with a goal in him. He's a PURE HELMET as well mind. 

Anyway I'm sure he's started the last couple of games for Conte, so the idea he's simultaneously shopping him about doesn't make much sense. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hoping to have Trippier done by next week which, when you think about it, is a mental signing for us to be making in the position we’re in. 

Shows great intent from the owners.

Kieran Trippier is having a very average season in LaLiga & will need to get up to speed with the Premier very quickly.

A move to Newcastle would represent a last big payday for him as a three year deal would put him close to 35.

Aye but we're a below average side that is very much at the start of a transitional period. He'll be a fine addition for this year and next, cover for a couple after, then done. Works for me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's also a great first signing in a post-Ashley world. In his 30s, huge wages and no sell-on value. Fuck you Mike!

When you give Kieran Trippier 175 a week it opens the door for all the 30 plus players looking for a last hurrah.  It's a short sighted move.

18 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

When you give Kieran Trippier 175 a week it opens the door for all the 30 plus players looking for a last hurrah.  It's a short sighted move.

I think it would more short sighted not to make a move like this. We won't need all the other 30 plus players so we don't have to sign them.

We will hopefully be moving onto a new criteria of player and this is what we need to facilitate the move. I see this as a step one rather than a new policy. I also see this as having a reasonable player/set of players to attract the next phase. I would be keen as a cb to sign for a team that enables me to play next to Trippier as well as be the next big thing than just be the next big thing with Lascelles one side of me and Krafth the other.

It would be different if we had new owners with a reasonable wealth and we were using him just to stay in the league with no plan on how to develop this in the future. 

I think the fact we have interim personnel for this transfer window tells you about the fact that the transfers are for the interim. At least I hope that is whatnit means.

• Like 4

He would be a great start. He's got application and ability and while his wages might be high, what price to stay out of the championship?

I'd take Auba on Loan if Arsenal wanted rid of him for the rest of the season, but I'd not want to buy him. Same goes for Alli. I'd rather buy Oxlade Chamberlain and Lingaard. 

48 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Sounds awesome 

• Tom locked this topic