The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Most of those fall into 2 categories

- Past it

- On huge wages, phoning it in and their clubs want rid 

Agree with you. But there are some interesting players for us out of this two categories:

Januzaj, Lingard, Origi, Tarkowski, Cantwell, Bernardeschi (Salary similar to Almiron or Saint Maximin... but amazing player who needs to play),  Kessie, Boga, Freuler, Belotti, Sule, Zagadou, Ginter, Zakaria, Kamara, Corona, Mazraoui, Denayer... 

• Like 2

Add brozovic and onana possibly to that list 

Brozovic probably more likely heading to a better team than us but Onana needs to do some reputation rebuilding.

35 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Add brozovic and onana possibly to that list 

Brozovic probably more likely heading to a better team than us but Onana needs to do some reputation rebuilding.

Onana wants to play for Barcelona and he doesn't mind being a substitute. He has said it many times and in fact, during the season, he visits the city many times. During the sanction he was living there too. Now that Barcelona has financial problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Neto to sign Onana for free.

Anyway, I had not put him because his and Dubravka's level must be quite similar.

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Onana wants to play for Barcelona and he doesn't mind being a substitute. He has said it many times and in fact, during the season, he visits the city many times. During the sanction he was living there too. Now that Barcelona has financial problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Neto to sign Onana for free.

Anyway, I had not put him because his and Dubravka's level must be quite similar.

Barca are a funny one, I can’t imagine Neto would bring much of a fee and feel like onana would command a higher wage (plus a hefty signing on fee) that would leave them less well off financially. I suppose if ter stegen goes too they’ll need a number one though. They’ve been making eyes at all of europes likely big movers for jan/summer and I can’t figure out how they would possibly afford to sign anyone considering it’s less than 6 months since they were in utter financial crisis and they’ve already been dumped from the champions league.

Aberdeen's Stephen Glass:

"Matty’s gone back to Newcastle. They probably want to get him involved."

"He’s gone back after the break was moved forward."

"There’s a new manager there who will want to take a look at him."

"We wish him all the best. He’s been brilliant around the place and I think he’s enjoyed his time here."

ddf8e9a0-e861-11e9-bbbd-c71b1f17983e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Most of those fall into 2 categories

- Past it

- On huge wages, phoning it in and their clubs want rid 

You missed the third option, that being past it and on huge wages phoning it in 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Barca are a funny one, I can’t imagine Neto would bring much of a fee and feel like onana would command a higher wage (plus a hefty signing on fee) that would leave them less well off financially. I suppose if ter stegen goes too they’ll need a number one though. They’ve been making eyes at all of europes likely big movers for jan/summer and I can’t figure out how they would possibly afford to sign anyone considering it’s less than 6 months since they were in utter financial crisis and they’ve already been dumped from the champions league.

But the Financial Crisis of them is 'complicated'. They have problems with Fair Play of Spanish League, no more. In Spain, since a few years ago, every team have a Limit that is complicated to explain and different from the other Leagues.

But Really, Barcelona is the club in the world with more earnings every year. They have a problem of short time because they have to front biggest salaries and buyings like Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi or even Umtiti. 

In Neto deal, Barcelona declared the hire was for 30 millions in a swap with Cillessen...And Neto is earning 5M per year. Since this season, Barcelona has to cut the salaries of the new players. Eric Garcia, Depay or Aguero are earning a lot less than players like Neto or Junior (in Leeds right now). 

10 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Aberdeen's Stephen Glass:

"Matty’s gone back to Newcastle. They probably want to get him involved."

"He’s gone back after the break was moved forward."

"There’s a new manager there who will want to take a look at him."

"We wish him all the best. He’s been brilliant around the place and I think he’s enjoyed his time here."

ddf8e9a0-e861-11e9-bbbd-c71b1f17983e.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I read Aberdeen was ready to cut the loan because they have a lot of players in the middle and Matty doesn't play. He have been out of the bench the last 5-6 matches

Probably the recall it would have been done anyway with Bruce for another loan to other team, but now is correct to say maybe Howe want to see him in the pitch to decide if he want him or is better another loan.

4 hours ago, Diego21 said:

A couple of weeks ago, I read Aberdeen was ready to cut the loan because they have a lot of players in the middle and Matty doesn't play. He have been out of the bench the last 5-6 matches

Probably the recall it would have been done anyway with Bruce for another loan to other team, but now is correct to say maybe Howe want to see him in the pitch to decide if he want him or is better another loan.

He fell out with Bruce, hence going on loan. Bruce fell out with both Longstaffs, not sure why Sean didn't end up with a move. 

We score and Tyler says straight away it reminds him of us scoring against Tottenham and we know what happened there? :lol: :lol: Fucking retire you stupid old cunt.

Wrong thread! :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thinness of our squad really bit us today.

Need a lot of transfers in in January. I reckon we are looking at six/seven players as a reasonable target. We need two CDs, a left fullback, striker, a midfielder and another keeper. And depending on how fucked ASM is maybe a wide attacking player, too.

I might be overreacting, but it really feels like we are paper thin across the entire squad even as a team aiming for 11th-17th as Ashley traditionally did.

New signings will make the existing players better too if the crap we have have to suddenly fight for their spot every week against better players.

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

We score and Tyler says straight away it reminds him of us scoring against Tottenham and we know what happened there? :lol: :lol: Fucking retire you stupid old cunt.

Wrong thread! :lol:

As good as those efforts from Ronaldo and Rashford trying to hit the ball. Or Longstaff and Fraser running forward but not taking the ball.

45 minutes ago, toonotl said:

The thinness of our squad really bit us today.

Need a lot of transfers in in January. I reckon we are looking at six/seven players as a reasonable target. We need two CDs, a left fullback, striker, a midfielder and another keeper. And depending on how fucked ASM is maybe a wide attacking player, too.

I might be overreacting, but it really feels like we are paper thin across the entire squad even as a team aiming for 11th-17th as Ashley traditionally did.

New signings will make the existing players better too if the crap we have have to suddenly fight for their spot every week against better players.

We ARE paper thin and we got away with it. The fact we have shipped so many goals this calendar year shows how shit Bruce was. The guy was a disgrace. Hopefully we can dig ourselves out of relegation but I think we need 4 players in - CB, LB, RB  and a striker. 

• Like 1

Newcastle reject Alli opportunity

Newcastle United have rejected the chance to sign Tottenham forward Dele Alli, reports Football Insider.

It’s claimed the Magpies were offered the opportunity to sign the 25-year-old in January, with Spurs willing to help Alli secure more regular game-time.

But Eddie Howe has no intention of bringing Alli to St. James’ Park, with the Newcastle boss’ focus on strengthening other areas of his squad.

• Tom locked this topic