The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Oh aye, another reason it would be preferable to loan and pay Lingard more, which might work out equal to a transfer fee is that way I’m not giving a rival PL club money they can then use on another player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Oh aye, another reason it would be preferable to loan and pay Lingard more, which might work out equal to a transfer fee is that way I’m not giving a rival PL club money they can then use on another player. 

But if it came from us they couldn’t spend it, because it’s dirty money, remember? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Your initial point was why would you loan a player who had 6 months on their contract, you then further made a point of why would Manchester United do that. I was responding to that, of course I’m guessing that there might not be any permanent offers but I never made a point that he wouldn’t move permanently or that moving permanently didn’t make sense whereas you made those points in reference to moving on loan. 

None of your second paragraph takes away from my point, it might be Lingards preference to go out on loan since he can get more money it may not be an option to sign permanently meaning a loan is the option of signing him. Again you were the one dismissing a loan option so don’t try and twist things. You’re also missing the positive for a loaning club that if he comes and the move turns out to not work they can walk away from the deal. 

You’re again guessing they rejected bids because of squad depth, iirc they were rumoured to have offered him to West Ham for a fee West Ham didn’t want to pay. I disagree someone else needs to fill those very sparse sub appearances (5 in the PL, the rest in competitions they may or may not be involved in much longer) in many instances they have other players who could have come on already, or even a youth player, they’re also going to have to fill that role in the summer now regardless. Maybe they will reject everything simply to cover this tiny role and lose him for nowt, but again you were the one dismissing the loan possibility off hand here I’ve never said he will move simply offered reasons for why a loan might happen. 

Also in reference to the open market point iirc he can agree a pre contract with another club any time after having less than 6 months on his deal. Making it highly likely he’d sign with the club he’s on loan with, again not a certainty but again he might not be giving clubs the option you’re making out like Manchester United and buying clubs hold all the power when you frame it like that. 

And your response as to why a club would loan Lingard for 6 months and why Manchester United would do that didn't make sense logically...

Second paragraph is circular. The likelihood is that he'll have permanent options. Sure that club could walkaway after the six month loan if it doesn't work out, that is a positive.

This whole discussion is speculative (competitions they may not be involved in much longer), you can't keep using that as counter every single time, he's in their squad, they give him a number, they registered him, they need him for squad depth. I'm sure they did offer him to West Ham for £25m-£30m, that would be logical considering he had such a good loan spell for them, he only had one year left on his contract, they could demand a high fee and it was the summer window so they could've replaced him with more options...

Edited by Clarko

Just now, Clarko said:

And your response as to why a club would loan Lingard for 6 months and why Manchester United would do that didn't make sense logically...

Second paragraph is circular. The likelihood is that he'll have permanent options. Sure that club could walkaway after the six month loan if it doesn't work out, that is a positive.

This whole discussion is speculative ('competitions they may not be involved in much longer), you can't keep using that as counter every single time, he's in their squad, they give him a number, they registered him, they need him for squad depth. I'm sure they did offer him to West Ham for £25m-£30m, that would be logical considering he had such a good loan spell for them, he only had one year left on his contract, they could demand a high fee and it was the summer window so they could've replaced him with more options...

You’re wrong. You flat out rejected people saying a loan was an option. Again I never said anywhere that a permanent option wouldn’t be on the table, just that your point is based entirely on an assumption whereas you were dismissing the possibility of a loan by acting like there’d definitely be permanent moves. 

It’s not circular it’s simply all speculation the same as your shit point that you’re presenting as fact. There’s nothing circular about saying a loan may be the only option. You’re yet again basing your point on possibility despite you using that to flat out reject the loan route being available. So again you’re wrong. 

I know the whole conversation is speculative, you were the one dismissing the option. You didn’t say “I don’t think a loan would happen because….” you instead argued with people acting like it simply wouldn’t happen because you assume there will be permanent options. I can keep using that as my counter as it flat out reject your entire shit point. Again your final point is pure speculation, I’ve not said anywhere they didn’t hold onto him for squad depth I’ve only attacked your point that you presented as the only reason with a possible counter that they held onto him hoping to get a larger fee, maybe they did reject it due to squad depth then went and got Cristiano Ronaldo so he was pushed further down the pecking order, it’s entirely possible but again I wasn’t arguing that there weren’t other possibilities the way you often have. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

You’re wrong. You flat out rejected people saying a loan was an option. Again I never said anywhere that a permanent option wouldn’t be on the table, just that your point is based entirely on an assumption whereas you were dismissing the possibility of a loan by acting like there’d definitely be permanent moves. 

It’s not circular it’s simply all speculation the same as your shit point that you’re presenting as fact. There’s nothing circular about saying a loan may be the only option. You’re yet again basing your point on possibility despite you using that to flat out reject the loan route being available. So again you’re wrong. 

I know the whole conversation is speculative, you were the one dismissing the option. You didn’t say “I don’t think a loan would happen because….” you instead argued with people acting like it simply wouldn’t happen because you assume there will be permanent options. I can keep using that as my counter as it flat out reject your entire shit point. Again your final point is pure speculation, I’ve not said anywhere they didn’t hold onto him for squad depth I’ve only attacked your point that you presented as the only reason with a possible counter that they held onto him hoping to get a larger fee, maybe they did reject it due to squad depth then went and got Cristiano Ronaldo so he was pushed further down the pecking order, it’s entirely possible but again I wasn’t arguing that there weren’t other possibilities the way you often have. 

'You’re wrong. You flat out rejected people saying a loan was an option'

No I didn't, you've resorted to lying, below are quotes of mine clearly stating that a loan is a possibility:

'The only way a loan happens is if...'

'Not saying it can't or won't happen, the reports state he wants a loan move, but that is a lot of moving pieces and wasted money...'

When people start lying to try and make a point, that's when a debate ends. It's impossible to debate with liars. This is over.

Edited by Clarko
  • Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 2

15 minutes ago, Clarko said:

No I didn't, you've resorted to lying, below are quotes of mine clearly stating that a loan is a possibility:

'Not saying it can't or won't happen, the reports state he wants a loan move, but that is a lot of moving pieces and wasted money...'

When people start lying to try and make a point, that's when a debate ends. It's impossible to debate with liars. This is over.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clarko said:

Rachel Riley Reveals The Rudest Words She's Had To Spell On Countdown

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clarko said:

23 hours ago, Clarko said:

Why would you loan a player who has 6 months left on his current contract?

15 hours ago, Clarko said:

I did read it, I asked why? Why would Manchester United let Lingard go out on loan (losing a valuable squad player) just to let him leave for free at the end of the season? Why wouldn't a club who wanted him just pay a "small" fee in January to secure his services for the next 3/4/5 years? 

4 hours ago, Clarko said:

Again, why would Manchester United settle for a 'nominal' loan fee in January , when they can sell him for significantly more in January... Manchester United clearly want to keep him which is why they rejected offers in the summer and why they've tried to offer a new contract...

You’re the liar here tbh, you’ve cherry picked latter posts after you watered down your language of your initial point as you climbed down. People explained to you why a loan could happen but you were arguing against it, not presenting an opinion but acting like they were wrong. If you agreed a loan is an option what was it you took such exception to in Wykiki’s initial post when you responded the way you did? then when people explained it all to you you then made the above retorts which make absolutely no sense unless you’re implying a loan wasn’t a possibility. You weren’t even saying you don’t see Manchester United going for it, you were taking the approach of acting like it was so ridiculous of a thought that you repeatedly asked the same question each time people told you why. The same as when you use the word ‘clearly’ in reference to Manchester United keeping him, yet another thing you’re completely incorrect in saying, it’s not ‘clear’ it’s pure speculation on your part. 

I agree that this is over though. You’re really arguing with yourself here tbh, your initial point absolutely was that of a loan wasn’t an option as you asked a rhetorical question like Wykikis point was absurd and further doubled, and tripled down on it, I made that point clear a number of times that this was your initial point and you never attacked it until this absurd post where you’ve resorted to insults (calling me a liar is the insult I’m referring to here since you need everything explained to you), I (and others) explained a number of ways why it’s a possibility and you twisted things in some weird attempt to reframe it as if I was suggesting a loan was a better option, and even said it’s all speculation (which was my entire point on why you were wrong). Like I say this is my last post on this one as I’m tired of repeatedly explaining all of the above, enjoy whatever ridiculous discussion you move onto next as this is the third or so shit point you’ve made in however long you’ve posted. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clarko said:

All he wanted to do was talk about his beloved club. 

girl-lip.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, strawb said:

Why are people entertaining this awful bore?

What he said. These tedious exchanges are clogging up the board. Can we make engaging with Nick from Poland mark II an offence worthy of a ban please?

A short list about all players have been linked by the media with us since the takeover. 

Sit down and take popcorns.

Vlahovic, Ter Stegen, Lacazette, Lingard, Harry Winks, Seko Fofana, Sadiq, Insine, Abdon Diallo, Nathan Ake, Rabiot, Caleta-Car, Strakohsa, Ramsey, Brozovic, De Vrij, Gareth Bale, Trippier, Phil Jones, Sule, Hazard, Isco, Kroos, Ismaila Sarr, Wirtz, Conor Coady, Ousmane Dembele, Jovic, Luis Díaz, Ozil, Carlvert-Lewin, Barkley, Icardi, Kostic, Rice, Sterling, Tomori, Wesley Fofana, Chiesa, De Ligt, Coutinho, Koulibaly, Eric Bailly, Van de Beek, Martial, Kelyor Navas, Tarkowski, Dean Henderson, Guendouzi, Dele Alli, Bellingham, Timo Werner, Lenglet, Demba Ba (I am not kidding), Witsel, Zakaria, Nicolas Pepe, Mings, Swift, James Rodriguez, McKennie, Larin, Jonathan David, Origi. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

A short list about all players have been linked by the media with us since the takeover. 

Sit down and take popcorns.

Vlahovic, Ter Stegen, Lacazette, Lingard, Harry Winks, Seko Fofana, Sadiq, Insine, Abdon Diallo, Nathan Ake, Rabiot, Caleta-Car, Strakohsa, Ramsey, Brozovic, De Vrij, Gareth Bale, Trippier, Phil Jones, Sule, Hazard, Isco, Kroos, Ismaila Sarr, Wirtz, Conor Coady, Ousmane Dembele, Jovic, Luis Díaz, Ozil, Carlvert-Lewin, Barkley, Icardi, Kostic, Rice, Sterling, Tomori, Wesley Fofana, Chiesa, De Ligt, Coutinho, Koulibaly, Eric Bailly, Van de Beek, Martial, Kelyor Navas, Tarkowski, Dean Henderson, Guendouzi, Dele Alli, Bellingham, Timo Werner, Lenglet, Demba Ba (I am not kidding), Witsel, Zakaria, Nicolas Pepe, Mings, Swift, James Rodriguez, McKennie, Larin, Jonathan David, Origi. 

image.png.788210f9686f95c0a81477a1d2ddef44.png

• Haha 3

• Tom locked this topic