Callum Wilson

wykikitoon

if he's staying he would be a great third choice striker. can't really rely on him for more than that because of his injury history. still a great player on his day, but if you're offered £15-20m, it would be hard to turn down

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Twist, but not too hard or his knees might go again.

I just cant see anyone making a bid thats worth it due to his injury record. Should try to keep him as a super sub/third choice and bring in a young 18 old from colombia to get minutes behind Isak

Posted (edited)

Yeah, he is still useful to have around. We need 3 strikers to be honest

My preference is still to go for Mbeumo who can play up top as well.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

I assume he's near enough fully amortised for PSR purposes so getting £20m for him would allow us a bit more freedom to spend.

Feels weird to be fine with selling the clubs second most prolific PL striker, but here we are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wonder if Mbeumo meets Howe's physical requirements. He looks very short to me. 

Aye. Height wise I think he is short but he is stocky and strong. 

He did give Ryan Fraser a game for a while.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wonder if Mbeumo meets Howe's physical requirements. He looks very short to me. 

He also fails to meet the 'won't fuck off to the AFCON for a month every two years' requirement.

Assumed he was injured when I saw this thread bumped :lol: that’s the problem with him. I don’t think we consider selling him at present if it wasn’t for his fitness issues 

• Like 1

stick - if he's happy staying as a rotation option.

this season has demonstrated you need three proper CF options if you have the extra european fixtures. we should have signed a third striker last summer. it's imperative we get one this summer then we can manage wilson's minute and bring him in and out of the team so hopefully he doesn't break down as much. if we can get 20 odd appearances out of him and around 10 goals, he's a more than useful squad player. then bring that sesko kid (or similar) in to rotate along with him and isak. 

• Like 2

Wilson is going to want more game time than next season here will offer him, I reckon. Feels like going two up top for the rest of the season is a case of keeping him happy but also getting him in the shop window. I’d prefer we not sell to another PL team as you know what will happen but it’ll probably be the case. Can’t see him going over to Saudi if he thinks he has plenty left 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wilson is going to want more game time than next season here will offer him, I reckon. Feels like going two up top for the rest of the season is a case of keeping him happy but also getting him in the shop window. I’d prefer we not sell to another PL team as you know what will happen but it’ll probably be the case. Can’t see him going over to Saudi if he thinks he has plenty left 

he does still have plenty to offer a pemier league team. problem is he is only fit to play 50% of fixtures and he's 32, so that will have a say on how much we might get for him. i'd be tempted to keep him for that reason, as long as he's happy to be rotated in and out. it's in his interests tbh. he's made of glass. he'll still get plenty of game time as we look to go in four competitions again. i'd only sell if someone came in with a bid of around £20m because it'll cost more than that to replace him. the only way we're getting more than that is if he goes to saudi

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

He also fails to meet the 'won't fuck off to the AFCON for a month every two years' requirement.

#BlackLads

Look. Wilson, Longstaff, even Miggy to a lesser extent have all been important and as has been discussed all still have their uses in the squad.

But unless you want to sell Isak or Bruno this is where the FFP wriggle room comes from. 

20M for Wilson will probably be more useful to us than the 10 goals he'll get from the 15 games he will play next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think, for how fit he is, he will get game time as the second/ third choice striker. Isak is not the most fit of strikers and Wilson does well coming off the bench. He is 32 as well so he won't be wanting to play full 90 minute matches for much longer anyways. I doubt he will have many food offers for him due to his age, cost and injury record. He could end up winning something here as well which I'd imagine he would want. 

For a club with our resources, spending 60-70M on a young forward with great potential who could score 10 goals now and maybe 20+ in the future is the standard plan.

For many mid table PL clubs, that's not an option. For them, a 20M striker who can score 10-15 goals in the season could mean the difference between staying up and going down, or maybe an unlikely Europe push for the Fulhams, Wolves and Palaces of this world. 

I think people underestimate the impact Wilson could still have for many PL clubs. Which is why in an ideal world you wouldn't want to sell him. But we have bigger ambitions now and need not concern ourselves with mid table permutations. :cuppa:

1 hour ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I think, for how fit he is, he will get game time as the second/ third choice striker. Isak is not the most fit of strikers and Wilson does well coming off the bench. He is 32 as well so he won't be wanting to play full 90 minute matches for much longer anyways. I doubt he will have many food offers for him due to his age, cost and injury record. He could end up winning something here as well which I'd imagine he would want. 

@wykikitoon’s lass will offer him something to eat out.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Missed 48% of fixtures...I dont think I realised just how many it was tbh.

• Like 1

As a superb finisher he could be the difference between a newly promoted team staying up or going down, granted he wont play every game but if he was playing for the likes of Luton this year they would have definitely stayed up in my opinion

• Like 1