Callum Wilson

wykikitoon

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Loved Cisse, was outstanding when he arrived. 

38 years old now, looks like he's still got the stats to bang goals in at the levels of football he's been playing since he left. 

22 minutes ago, strawb said:

We need another striker in January man, this lads body is failing him 

It’s always failed him. For NUFC he has made the following appearances

season 1: 26

season 2: 18

season 3: 31 (but he was alternated with Isak a lot) 

id read he was travelling back to Bournemouth for his family every week in a car but they sorted that out so I thought that would have helped his injury record. 

we definitely need a third striker or at least someone that can comfortably play across the front 3.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

We need another striker in January man, this lads body is failing him 

I think Wilson could stay fit if we were in a position to control his minutes on the pitch but we haven't been able to do that because of the injury to Isak.

Ideally we need Wilson as a 3rd choice impact forward, so I agree we need another quality forward in. Just dunno who.  Toney would be ideal. But having him and Tonali together might not be a good idea 🤭

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

It’s always failed him. For NUFC he has made the following appearances

season 1: 26

season 2: 18

season 3: 31 (but he was alternated with Isak a lot) 

id read he was travelling back to Bournemouth for his family every week in a car but they sorted that out so I thought that would have helped his injury record. 

we definitely need a third striker or at least someone that can comfortably play across the front 3.

i think they hoped that would be gordon, but i'd prefer if he was a 4th choice. he's wasted playing as a 9. we miss his pace and energy out wide. 

it was always a gamble going into the season with just two frontline CFs given their injury records

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think they hoped that would be gordon, but i'd prefer if he was a 4th choice. he's wasted playing as a 9. we miss his pace and energy out wide. 

it was always a gamble going into the season with just two frontline CFs given their injury records

We didn't need Tonali and now he is banned anyway.  This decision is probably the one to look back on and wonder. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don't know if they hoped that or were forced into hoping that seeing as Wilson is injury prone and now Isak also appears to be too.

I think Eddie was asked at the start of the season on the danger of going into the season with only two strikers and his reply suggested that the prices for strikers were at a premium. 

I inferred from this that we'll spend big on a new striker when other postions are strengthened - I hope next summer at the latest. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

We didn't need Tonali and now he is banned anyway.  This decision is probably the one to look back on and wonder. 

i still can't help but wonder ho we'd be doing if we'd got madison and diaby in instead of tonali and barnes.

i think number 6 and a striker will be a priority in january. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i still can't help but wonder ho we'd be doing if we'd got madison and diaby in instead of tonali and barnes.

i think number 6 and a striker will be a priority in january. 

We don't play with a number 10, so I get why we passed on Maddison. Alvarez and JWP at West Ham would have fit in nicely though 

• Like 1

The injuries to Barnes and Anderson are unpredictable, and Barnes could have eased the strain on Wilson and Isak. Anderson could have played on the left allowing Gordon or Barnes to play centrally.  I don't think we got the recruitment wrong necessarily, I just think we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries this season. 

Maybe recall Minteh, or sign some journeyman striker on a short term deal (Like we did with Wood) and the pressure is eased on both of them. Sign a young 3rd choice striker who can get minutes in the cups and from the bench to preserve Wilson and Isak, then hopefully move Wilson to 3rd choice and the young kid to 2nd.

• Like 4

We were linked with Ektike and his twat agent for what?…. Half a morning 2 deadline days ago? It’s hardly Loic Remy getting Newcastle to pay for his flight then signing for Queens Park fuckin Rangers then subsequently having to bring him in on loan is it?  It’s probably just paper talk anyway inspired by the aforementioned agent but there’s no real reason to be over negative if he was to wash up here… young and obviously talented, if Howe likes him and thinks he can get something out if him that’s good enough for me. Think Dave mentioned bringing in an older striker too, good shout, what’s Falcao/Dzjeko/Cavani etc up to? :cuppa: