Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The Playoff system is minging. Shite that one of these goes through all this for nothing. 

On the plus side Huddersfield get to play the biggest side to ever grace the championship now the dogs arse sniffers are back in the big leeyyyugg. #theychantfornonces #sexwiththeirsiblings #11toes #staffyluvvmakkin #alsatiansdeeitbettamarra #ftm

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The Playoff system is minging. Shite that one of these goes through all this for nothing. 

The main prize is surely avoiding a trip to Wearside next year.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howay said:

On the plus side Huddersfield get to play the biggest side to ever grace the championship now the dogs arse sniffers are back in the big leeyyyugg. #theychantfornonces #sexwiththeirsiblings #11toes #staffyluvvmakkin #alsatiansdeeitbettamarra #ftm

They're also a set of fans who enioy romance with their own family members including dogs. 

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2022 at 08:50, Alex said:

I thought they were great for 40 minutes. The it’s often tiny margins as the save Courtois pushed onto the post showed. If the initial effort is just a few inches wider of him then he probably doesn’t get the same contact on it and it’s a goal. But once Madrid got in front they passed Liverpool to death to the extent it wasn’t even interesting as a contest. Even though it was just 1-0 it seemed like a forgone conclusion. Defensively too they were reminiscent of vintage Milan sides once they got their lead 

Can't argue with any of this. My son and his mates were adamant falling behind would spur Liverpool on. It was inevitable to me Madrid would just shut up shop and it'd finish 1-0. As you say, reminiscent of the vintage Milan sides. Classic Italian / Ancelotti style of play.

And for all the plaudits Klopp and Guardiola get, Ancelotti gets somewhat overlooked despite being the only manager to win all 5 top European leagues and the only manager to win 4 Champions Leagues.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Craig said:

Can't argue with any of this. My son and his mates were adamant falling behind would spur Liverpool on. It was inevitable to me Madrid would just shut up shop and it'd finish 1-0. As you say, reminiscent of the vintage Milan sides. Classic Italian / Ancelotti style of play.

And for all the plaudits Klopp and Guardiola get, Ancelotti gets somewhat overlooked despite being the only manager to win all 5 top European leagues and the only manager to win 4 Champions Leagues.

Shit at everton though wasn't he

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Craig said:

And he genuinely does seem like a lovely bloke. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Not in retrospect. But, even if he was, that would be another reason to like him

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not in retrospect. But, even if he was, that would be another reason to like him

I should have added some sort of giveaway that I wasn't being serious tbh, I've always liked Ancelotti

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I should have added some sort of giveaway that I wasn't being serious tbh, I've always liked Ancelotti

I thought that after I’d posted it actually. You just know loads of people will perceive Lampard to have done as well as his predecessors too 

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought that after I’d posted it actually. You just know loads of people will perceive Lampard to have done as well as his predecessors too 

Very much the Steve Bruce aura about him. 

An actual decent manager would have had them safe well before they were. I always said they were staying up and only people drunk on their own self-regard got carried away predicting their relegation.

:cuppa: 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Loads of Everton fans seem to laud Lampard as a saviour from relegation.  When Lampard took over they had 6 point gap IIRC over relegation and about 16th?  Fucking blinded by the hatred of Rafa.  The fact he only spent £1.6m doesn't even come into their thinking.  Yet Lampard spends £30m on Alli and doesn't even start the cunt! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I'm still utterly bewildered that Everton managed to attract him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Exactly so. Ancelotti is the manager Klopp thinks he is. He's seen it all, won everything there is to win nearly everywhere he's been, and has outwitted some of the top managers in the game.