Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think I speak for most of us when I say we'd prefer Liverpool didn't win anything else this season.

Guardiola is one of the best managers out there. These people wanting him gone because you only got the the semi-final of the Champions League... who are they expecting to come in and do better?

I can't fucking stand 'Pep', Klopp is a pain in the arse as well but he slightly pips pep in the likeability stakes. I couldn't give a shit who wins the PL out of the two although as the Liverpool game has now gone then I hope we stop Man City as it's it's all about NUFC. I prefer watching Liverpool out of the two clubs but that's just more of their attacking style that I find easier on the eye. I prefer both clubs to Man U and Chelsea so hopefully that brings some solace, (as if he'll need it!) to London blue. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I think I speak for most of us when I say we'd prefer Liverpool didn't win anything else this season.

Guardiola is one of the best managers out there. These people wanting him gone because you only got the the semi-final of the Champions League... who are they expecting to come in and do better?

I suspect they're amongst our new plastic fans. You'll get them too, just as soon as the trophies start rolling in. We have a long and loyal fan base. We had a full stadium when we were third tier. Again much like yourselves. Wanting him gone kinda reminds me of when Charlton fans wanted Curbishley gone all those years ago. They never had it so good until then.

I've no idea what sort of City you'll face, we usually bounce back pretty well but it was a big set back.

Four more games to go then rumour has it that Haaland will be among our ranks. Joining the argentine Julian Alvarez. Bar that we might be competing for players as we're due a rebuild too. No i'm not crazy, we just have a few players the wrong side of 30 and few near the end of their contracts. 

How many players do you guys realistically think you'll bring in? (Not sure why i say realistically as its nigh on impossible for you guys to keep your feet on the ground right now)

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I suspect they're amongst our new plastic fans. You'll get them too, just as soon as the trophies start rolling in. We have a long and loyal fan base. We had a full stadium when we were third tier. Again much like yourselves. Wanting him gone kinda reminds me of when Charlton fans wanted Curbishley gone all those years ago. They never had it so good until then.

I've no idea what sort of City you'll face, we usually bounce back pretty well but it was a big set back.

Four more games to go then rumour has it that Haaland will be among our ranks. Joining the argentine Julian Alvarez. Bar that we might be competing for players as we're due a rebuild too. No i'm not crazy, we just have a few players the wrong side of 30 and few near the end of their contracts. 

How many players do you guys realistically think you'll bring in? (Not sure why i say realistically as its nigh on impossible for you guys to keep your feet on the ground right now)

I would take Jesus off you.  But heard he's already agreed Arsenal.  But with how he's been playing recently won't you be sad to see him go?

I think we will get at most 5 players.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I would take Jesus off you.  But heard he's already agreed Arsenal.  But with how he's been playing recently won't you be sad to see him go?

Without wanting to sound too happy clappy, I love Jesus. He works so hard. 

If the rumour mill is to be believed....

outs -

Jesus to Arsenal or Milan

Laporte to Barca

Sterling to just about anyone and everyone as he only has another year on his contract (wants more playing time)

Bernado Silva unsettled and off to Spain (think covid played a part, he may stay now)

Fernandinho to Brazil (seems definite)

Gundogan back to Germany (over 30 and maybe slowing down), hence the Ward Prowse and De Jong rumours

Mendy won't play for us again so needs replacing

We're hoping Pep, Foden and Sterling sign new contracts

ins - 

Haaland deal done

Alvarez to stay in Argentina until Christmas.

Also if it means anything, I had quite fancied your manager as a long term replacement for Pep. Guess if he's good enough for us, he'll prove himself with you and build his own empire from scratch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Our first few players had some duds, but also included club legends Zabaleta and Kompany, both around the £6m mark give or take.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Boro bottling the playoffs on the last day of the season 

Luton just scored as well. If they and Sheffield United (currently beating Fulham 3-0) win, Boro can’t go up regardless of their own result 

Southampton could be caught in a CT type decent triple run for Everton/Leeds/Burnley - their last two games are liverpool home and Leicester away. 

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Burnley 2 down. Looking fucked. Villa have done nowt but score twice. 

Steven Gerrard ruining everyone’s fun again the stupid squeaky prick. 

• Haha 1