The new manager thread

Polarboy

One plus point of Howe getting the job is as an English manager, he will be given a bit of space by the media. I would imagine he'll be quite popular among the journos, and this might work in our favour. I think he'll need that because this is not a situation which will be turned around overnight. The squad looks unfit, and now they are going to have to adopt a totally different football philosophy. It might well take a good few games before we see any difference, similar to when Keegan came back and tried to rouse us out of our Fat Sam stupour. 

• Like 2

For me IF Howe takes the job it'll be like the club went to Asda & tried to get the "extra special" range & have come away with "smart price" instead. Not the best analogy I know but thats how it would feel. Also you have to ask will these "world class" players that the club will be looking at want to come  & play under Howe. Will he have the attraction of say Rafa, Pepe, Conte, etc. I mean it might all work out swimmingly but i'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

For me IF Howe takes the job it'll be like the club went to Asda & tried to get the "extra special" range & have come away with "smart price" instead. Not the best analogy I know but thats how it would feel. Also you have to ask will these "world class" players that the club will be looking at want to come  & play under Howe. Will he have the attraction of say Rafa, Pepe, Conte, etc. I mean it might all work out swimmingly but i'm not sure.

Well it's a moot point, because we can't appoint that level of manager at the minute. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Lets see if he sticks around after we get relegated this season before we worry about Haaland turning us down because Howe isn't from the extra special range.

• Like 1

Not a worry for the here and now but it was on my mind last night :lol: 

We can be a very loyal fanbase for the right people such as KK, Sir Bobby, Chris Hughton etc.

Can you imagine Howe keeps us up this year, makes us play attractive attacking football next year, gets us into Europe the following year, maybe a cup.

And then, as elite clubs do, they decide to replace him with an “elite” manager for the final push. It will take some getting use to for us.

Nice problems to have but it will be a totally mind fucking and a bit upsetting for us.

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

You tend to find that players are much more mercenary than managers (Steve Bruce aside). So while we'll not be tempting Harry Kane in January the fact that we can offer good money should be able to tempt players who wouldn't have considered us otherwise.

• Like 3

I was listening to Talksport last night (FUCK OF YOU CCCCCCURRENTS) and they had Jack Wilshire on.  He couldn't speak highly enough of Howe and said he was the reason he signed for Bournemouth over other clubs.  The more you read about him the more I feel at ease with his appointment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I was listening to Talksport last night (FUCK OF YOU CCCCCCURRENTS) and they had Jack Wilshire on.  He couldn't speak highly enough of Howe and said he was the reason he signed for Bournemouth over other clubs.  The more you read about him the more I feel Jack Wilshire is looking a contract.

FYP

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm quite surprised by how enthused I feel by this decision, but its not like Ashley and Bruce where he was here for the duration no matter what

If I t doesn't work out I would imagine this lot will peddle him, by which point we should have a decent structure, some much better players bought and a DOF and no matter our league position be a much more attractive proposition

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, trooper said:

Will Howe be able to motivate these players ? Already 6 points adrift after 10 games. Many of them know they'll be replaced either in January or the summer. 

These cunts should be motivated by the takeover alone let alone the fucking new manager.

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Will Howe be able to motivate these players ? Already 6 points adrift after 10 games. Many of them know they'll be replaced either in January or the summer. 

Well half the battle should be easy.

Pick a better formation

Play players in their right positions

Use the likes of Schar, Almiron, Willock

He has a few easy wins right there and I would expect the likes of Almiron, Willock etc will be highly motivated to impress and get back in the team.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Think of it like this;

Eddie Howe > Steve Bruce

A Manager > No Manager

• Like 2

Obviously the tactic at the minute is get the ball to St Maximum at every opportunity & see if he can work his magic. The only thing now is opposing teams have now got this sussed. Chelsea had 2 or sometimes 3 players closing him down almost everytime he got the ball. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Howe in charge

Fwiw not much I know , but I'd try Almiron  & St Maximum as wingers get them both running down the line with the ball & crossing it into the box to Wilson. Theyre both very fast & I'd imagine them being a nightmare to play against as wingers. 

2 hours ago, trooper said:

I've heard this rational multiple times now. Why would they bother if new players are going to be brought in. For one a lot these players aren't that bright and have big egos. Some of them likely think they can be the Vincent Kompany of this takeover and stick around long term. And apart from the aforementioned if you do actually think you could be leaving a club soon, it would be best if you weren't playing shite and looking totally disinterested if you want a half decent move to another club. The players also shouldn't be under the illusion that the new owners will be like, fuck it, it's too expensive to get rid of them and replace them. As was the case under Ashley.

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread