The new manager thread

Polarboy

To get back to the coward that is Emery this is what an Arsenal fan on another forum told me

He should be good enough to save them from relegation but I’m not sure I’d trust him with a big transfer budget. I guess he’s your Mark Hughes.

He bottled it when he was with us.

Started well but felt the pressure of fans not happy with his uber pragmatic football (ie dull). Finished 5th first season when he had numerous chances for 4th but his conservative approach led to losses and draws.

One thing I'll say about Howe is that one of my biggest concerns i.e. him wasting a load of money on average to shite players like Ibe and Solanke who he spunked 35m on, should be averted given that whoever this sporting director is will be taking a big role in recruitment. My other concern is that he doesn't appear to be great at setting up a defence. Given our current position a bit of solidity at the back wouldn't go a miss obviously.

Edited by Polarboy

5 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

To get back to the coward that is Emery this is what an Arsenal fan on another forum told me

He should be good enough to save them from relegation but I’m not sure I’d trust him with a big transfer budget. I guess he’s your Mark Hughes.

He bottled it when he was with us.

Started well but felt the pressure of fans not happy with his uber pragmatic football (ie dull). Finished 5th first season when he had numerous chances for 4th but his conservative approach led to losses and draws.

Great stuff. I have been carefully smearing him myself in my last few posts. Apart from looking like Count Dracula, there are clearly questions about his character, questions which needed to be addressed. 

• Like 1

Interesting in that video CT posted, he talks about having two young boys and how work means he doesn't see enough of his kids. After a while out of work he's probably sick of the sight of them, but it's a consideration if he was gonna take the job here. 

Mind, he's gonna have to sack up and get in the fucking car if he wants a career as a manager anyway. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My advice is don't read the tweets of random supporters and lend them any weight. They could be posting on a forum under the name Christmas Tree ffs.

And absolutely don’t read tweets from Lion of Gosforth, formerly Vinnie on Skunkers

3 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Just to close the Emery page. (Spanish Media)

Looks like Emery wanted the job. But he wanted to do things right, in time, step by step. Newcastle had a conference with him between Sunday and Monday. Emery was convinced, but things had to go slowly and well, because Villarreal played in the Champions League on Tuesday. Newcastle assumed Emery would be in town by Wednesday and sign the contract.

Emery felt a lot of pressure on Tuesday, he felt very overwhelmed and did not like the situation. He did not like that Newcastle did everything so quickly because he had to leave a team that was playing in the Champions League and that has only won one title in its entire history and it was thanks to him months ago.

Emery, after the Champions League game on Tuesday, even told the players that he had an offer from Newcastle and that he was leaving. The players asked him not to leave.

But when he finished the game and started reading all the news from the last few hours, he felt very bad that Newcastle had done everything so quickly. When he arrived at his house, around 2 in the morning, he had a talk with the president of Villarreal and there he decided to reject the offer.

Interesting.

#NoSuchThingAsTheFish

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

When they heard they didn't have to come in for training in the morning they must have feared that the fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head was back in town.

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Who the fuck is Miss Hoolie? 

You'd need kids of a certain age to know. Yes, I'm not only sad enough to be nostalgic about kids programmes from my own childhood but kids TV from theirs as well. :lol:

'Balamory'

• Haha 2

Aye looks set to be Howe. It’ll be nice to see Luke Edwards get up a height that the Newcastle fans get behind and support Howe, the nobber has already posted some shite that he hopes the fans will, so implying that we are a fan base that usually don’t. 

• Like 1

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread