The new manager thread

Polarboy

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Aye, if they’ve decided on Howe they need to get him in as soon as possible, he really needs to have the full international break with the squad.

It makes sense at this late stage to give Jones the Brighton game, but IMO they need someone in on Monday at the latest.

• Like 2

Not guilty.

Im done in  by it now :lol:

Spent the last 7-10 days watching videos on Favre, Fonseca and Emery. Then watching a Villarreal live, watching videos to confirm Howe was crap, watching more videos to confirm Howe is the next Pep and then all afternoon refreshing twitter while sitting outside womens changing rooms in the Metro Centre.

Its enough to drive a man to drink.

Hope they now leak fuck all until he’s signed the dotted line.

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, if they’ve decided on Howe they need to get him in as soon as possible, he really needs to have the full international break with the squad.

I don't think they'll make the mistake of rushing any news until the deal is signed and sealed this time. Might have to wait until after the match or even beyond if Howe wants everything just so. 

8 hours ago, Diego21 said:

I think if Howe arrives, Ritchie would be starter as a winger. 

Neither Ritchie or Fraser should be anywhere near any premier league team,  it looks like its going to Howe , better than Bruce but thats hardly an endorsement. 

• Like 1

If this had happened under Ashley we’d be happy as pigs in shit. 

If it’s true they’ve offered a 2 and half year contract then all the better- no one will be under any illusions of why he’s there. 

Good luck to the bloke. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If thats three staff in addition to those who are already here then thats pretty encouraging, we've been running on a skeleton crew for far too long.

Need to keep this all in mind come January, we can go after the big players, we can offer them everything they ask for and it might end up a waste of time because the club isn't in the shape they demand yet.

• Like 1

When we first got bought, I was saying Howe would he a daft appointment for the richest club in the world. I've since had a bit of a reality check and realised that we're still a bit of a basket case, and just not an attractive prospect yet for a big name manager. 

If he comes here and does the hard yards of sorting out the mess the club is in - he clearly ran a very professional setup at Bournemouth - then that'll do for me. 

• Like 6

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread