The new manager thread

Polarboy

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cheers for that. Informative and illuminating. Interesting to note the one myth they couldn’t debunk was how his sides a prone to leaky defence and tend to win 4-3 instead of 1-0. 

Aye I'm watching it now. Although if you read that Telegraph article, one of the things that he must surely have reflected on is exactly that - one of the blokes on the video makes that point, that he's a smart bloke who wants to get better. 

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Tbf I’d rather watch us win 4-3 than 1-0. 

I was just thinking that if we do go down he would be a class manager to bring us back up, were the owners to stick with him. 

We’ve had to endure dour football for a long time now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cheers for that. Informative and illuminating. Interesting to note the one myth they couldn’t debunk was how his sides a prone to leaky defence and tend to win 4-3 instead of 1-0. 

Hopefully his time studying the likes of how Diego Simone sets up his Athletico side will have helped with that particular weakness in his coaching. 

Apparently the exact same thing happened with his backroom staff when he was extremely close to being named the Celtic manager. Something really fucking weird is going on with him, his staff, or both if this is true. That should be kept in mind before the inevitable Staveley diatribes start. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s something to do with Jones. Seems like he has to stay for some utterly bizarre reason and maybe Howe just doesn’t want him.

Cant say I’m in the enthusiasm for Jones camp either.

Who knows we’re speculating on what maybe bullshit.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I mean you're not gonna turn your back on a definite job for the outside chance of one elsewhere. 

Well apparently he has turned down other jobs because he wanted to stay close to home. He's been out of work for a while now hasn't he? 

He'd agreed the role knowing the Jones situation. 

If (IF) it's hit a stumbling block, it must be over the backroom staff, as that apparently was the conditional element of the agreement being "in principle". 

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread