The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

two absolute whopping cunts being two absolute whopping cunts funnily enough.

if you wanna put yourself through it, talking about newcastle from about 48 minutes till the end.

I’d rather have my tongue beaten wafer-thin with a steak tenderiser, then stapled to the ground with a croquet hoop than watch those whoppers 

• Haha 5

:lol: I’m honestly not even angry, just find him pathetic at this point. He’s had ample time to give his side, and already has at length, yet off he goes again. We’re in a far better place now, so in a way it’s nice to see a bloke that was a shocking manager for us having a circle jerk with king pompous tangerine pretending he wasn’t a load of shite two years on after another role where he torpedoed West Broms promotion chances, while we’ve just played AC Milan in the champions league. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: I’m honestly not even angry, just find him pathetic at this point. He’s had ample time to give his side, and already has at length, yet off he goes again. We’re in a far better place now, so in a way it’s nice to see a bloke that was a shocking manager for us having a circle jerk with king pompous tangerine pretending he wasn’t a load of shite two years on after another role where he torpedoed West Broms promotion chances, while we’ve just played AC Milan in the champions league. 

Aye, it's obviously a touchy subject and instead of just counting his winnings, wishing everyone luck and moving on and keeping his head down he's still gurning on. It's not like he's a manager still very much needing a career. I'd even forgotten about his West Brom cameo that's how much he's on my mind. The neediness for people in the media or ex-pros to stroke his ego even now and say 'it's not your fault Steve' is pathetic. It's well in the past now and it's fucking bizarre he's still dragging it up.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, it's obviously a touchy subject and instead of just counting his winnings, wishing everyone luck and moving on and keeping his head down he's still gurning on. It's not like he's a manager still very much needing a career. I'd even forgotten about his West Brom cameo that's how much he's on my mind. The neediness for people in the media or ex-pros to stroke his ego even now and say 'it's not your fault Steve' is pathetic. It's well in the past now and it's fucking bizarre he's still dragging it up.

Not that it needed proving, but his constant bleating is proof all the victimization shite him and his son were claiming is utter nonsense. If he was really hurt/scared or whatever it was he was pretending by the fanbase he’d not keep dredging the subject back up, he’d just leave it well alone. 

The weirdest thing I find with Bruce is that he’s a freeloading, lazy cunt but he is offended by people knowing it despite the fact he’s never once bothered to put graft in :lol:. The blokes response to the takeover in the lead up to the game against Spurs was to call off fucking training for days iirc.  Absolute sniffer. 

• Like 2

He’s purely motivated by greed / money. It’s more of a story because of our recent success. Put the two together and it means he’s got people willing to let him air his absolute bollocks take on things. Not that I’ve watched it.

• Like 3

Screenshot_20230922_070449_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.d723138e1a02537be6e961a939840f41.jpg

Discovered you could search for managers in Sofascore and had been meaning to put this on here. :lol:

Won 5 more games than he lost in his entire managerial career. A CAREER 1.39 points per game.

No cunt should be talking to this bloke about football management.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s purely motivated by greed / money. It’s more of a story because of our recent success. Put the two together and it means he’s got people willing to let him air his absolute bollocks take on things. Not that I’ve watched it.

release your inner masochist.

there's a bit where jordan comes out with some bizarre statistic whereby the fat cunt was accumulating a point for every £100k spent. meanwhile, every point howe has accumulated has cost £300k.

I've no idea what truth there is in this but I'm certain there's no relevance to it.

that matters not to wor stevie though, you can visibly see him swelling (even more) with pride that it's just been proven he's a better manager than the bloke who relegated bournemouth.

• Haha 4

Nah. Not giving it another hit. These things are just another example of providing a certain audience with what they want to hear rather than any smidgen of truth. Whilst at the same time winding up our fanbase (also to generate interest). It’s trivial stuff but the culture of telling lies for personal gain in general makes me sick 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nah. Not giving it another hit. These things are just another example of providing a certain audience with what they want to hear rather than any smidgen of truth. Whilst at the same time winding up our fanbase (also to generate interest). It’s trivial stuff but the culture of telling lies for personal gain in general makes me sick 

Am not watching that pair of self serving wankers either, just wondering if Bruce has had the temerity to claim that he built the core of Eddie’s side which finished 4th? :cuppa:

• Like 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Am not watching that pair of self serving wankers either, just wondering if Bruce has had the temerity to claim that he built the core of Eddie’s side which finished 4th? :cuppa:

I could tell you, and alex.

I could also reveal whether brucey would accept a saudi job or not.

I'm just not going to, you're all gonna need to endure it for yourselves.  :lol: 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Also, imagine actively wanting to be interviewed by that tit?

(Here's Jordan in happier times in S club 7, third from the right).

JS51127550.jpg

I now feel slightly nauseous that it turns out I'd happily shag the arse off a younger simon jordon.   :(

• Haha 3

Jordan really not convincing anyone there of his 'hard hitting interviewer' schtick.

I listened to the part about us. To summarise: Mike Ashley is a good lad, he had no money to spend (£115m), local people in real life all told him he'd done a good job, the fan criticism affected his poor family, yes he'd happily take the Saudi money and, of course, Craig Hope.

• Haha 1

There's a bit around 53 minutes where he says that basically, the reason for our 'high expectations" was because Newcastle fans saw their team playing Barcelona one minute and the next they're in the Championship. It was a decade. Not a minute. A fucking decade, and by the time Bruce was in charge it was 2 decades. Our lofty expectations, by the time he took charge were "stay up, maybe play some decent football". That's it. Nobody was predicting European spots, nobody was expecting glory. Just something to be proud of. 

Also, that thing about cost per pts. Steve Bruce has a career average of about 1.3pts a game. I can't be arsed to work it out at the minute (I might do later depends on how this 9:30 meeting goes), but his spend versus return must be terrible. It must be, his Villa team had the biggest budget in the Championship and he took them to, what, 8th? 12th? something like that. 

Him proudly saying that he put Joelinton out wide and he played terrifically is horseshit as well. He played 16 games at left wing under Bruce across 89 games, 66 upfront. He scored 0 times from left wing under Bruce, and created 1 (one) assist). Under Howe, Joelinton has played left wing 15 times from 70 games, scored 6 and created 2. 

• Like 1