a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

been checking in pretty much daily on the official site to see if they've released any details on memberships, was half expecting something might happen after the season ticket renewal date expired, which was maybe today?

anyway, somethings afoot, wouldn't be at all surprised if they're implementing a system to combat multi logins etc, which is probably fair enough really (through gritted teeth!), would also be fairer I suppose too if they could device something which doesn't more or less eliminate the chances of those who'd like the opportunity of a ticket that are working at 10am or without access to the Internet at that time.

I had a good run last season managing the vast majority of home games and about half our aways, I think with the changes to digital tickets and the inevitable change to that for aways too and also possibly personalised? last season might be about to get a lot harder to replicate.

Screenshot_20230705_113928_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

been checking in pretty much daily on the official site to see if they've released any details on memberships, was half expecting something might happen after the season ticket renewal date expired, which was maybe today?

anyway, somethings afoot, wouldn't be at all surprised if they're implementing a system to combat multi logins etc, which is probably fair enough really (through gritted teeth!), would also be fairer I suppose too if they could device something which doesn't more or less eliminate the chances of those who'd like the opportunity of a ticket that are working at 10am or without access to the Internet at that time.

I had a good run last season managing the vast majority of home games and about half our aways, I think with the changes to digital tickets and the inevitable change to that for aways too and also possibly personalised? last season might be about to get a lot harder to replicate.

Screenshot_20230705_113928_Samsung Internet.jpg

STs have had almost a month to renew with information available about various changes, everyone else has had fuck all, nothing. I get that what happens this last month may dictate what is available for the rest of us but the lack of anything pointing us in any direction is a bit shit in my opinion, I feel like every message, be it from the club or trust almost exclusively is aimed at ST fans or those with loyalty points. I had a membership last year, what happens? Do I get the opportunity to renew it or is start again and take your chances?  I feel like a second class citizen when it comes to NUFC these days, a pure afterthought but I do get emails asking if I want to buy any of the castore tat so at least I'm good for something. :good:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

STs have had almost a month to renew with information available about various changes, everyone else has had fuck all, nothing. I get that what happens this last month may dictate what is available for the rest of us but the lack of anything pointing us in any direction is a bit shit in my opinion, I feel like every message, be it from the club or trust almost exclusively is aimed at ST fans or those with loyalty points. I had a membership last year, what happens? Do I get the opportunity to renew it or is start again and take your chances?  I feel like a second class citizen when it comes to NUFC these days, a pure afterthought but I do get emails asking if I want to buy any of the castore tat so at least I'm good for something. :good:

I bought my season ticket in the very early 90s, didn't want one mind, but it was either that or miss out altogether so was more or less forced in to it.

prior to that I'd been happily paying at the turnstiles through the back end of the 70s and throughout the 80s, me old man paid for me before I was old enough to work, although I seem to recall that might've stopped when I got a paper round!

I liked being anonymous, I didn't like the idea of them knowing exactly where I was and identifiable by my seat. I'd always maintain that the recommendation of all seater stadium post hillsborough was as much to do with tagging you as it was to do with safety. thatcher or the tory's in general didn't like us working class football supporters at all.

I much preferred the olden days on the terraces, the season ticket superfans upstairs in the old stand or in the east stand were taunted with chants to sing from the gallowgate and leazes.  :)

progress eh?

if it becomes too much of a chore to get tickets or they go further down the route of personalised tickets with Id checks I'll probably opt out again and l always thought there was only ever ashley could've made me do that.  :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I bought my season ticket in the very early 90s, didn't want one mind, but it was either that or miss out altogether so was more or less forced in to it.

prior to that I'd been happily paying at the turnstiles through the back end of the 70s and throughout the 80s, me old man paid for me before I was old enough to work, although I seem to recall that might've stopped when I got a paper round!

I liked being anonymous, I didn't like the idea of them knowing exactly where I was and identifiable by my seat. I'd always maintain that the recommendation of all seater stadium post hillsborough was as much to do with tagging you as it was to do with safety. thatcher or the tory's in general didn't like us working class football supporters at all.

I much preferred the olden days on the terraces, the season ticket superfans upstairs in the old stand or in the east stand were taunted with chants to sing from the gallowgate and leazes.  :)

progress eh?

if it becomes too much of a chore to get tickets or they go further down the route of personalised tickets with Id checks I'll probably opt out again and l always thought there was only ever ashley could've made me do that.  :( 

I'm very similar to yourself in what you say throughout that post and the Taylor report was seized on as excuse to get rid of the dregs and get a middle class paying consumer in their place. It worked a bit. Obviously sky coming along at the right time was like a pincer movement where the unpopular game of football was now fashionable so those with disposable income flashed the cash for a season ticket, no way would I have entertained the idea of getting one before as you generally had to sit in one of the stands to have a ST. :good:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Club are doing a supporters meet today to discuss away tickets. Anyone going? 

What should change? Anything? Nothing? 

I've got 11 tickets for the meet. 

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

getting on a 50% hike in price, no priority for existing membership holders. I'd imagine it'll still break the record for the number of folk in the queue at 10am tomorrow mind!   :lol:

Chez CT

computer GIF

About fucking time. I note the word 'ballot' is mentioned, if they do something where you're given a day to log in and register interest and you're given a number to be drawn later that day or the next followed by an email telling you if you're successful and if so another day to pick a ticket then that would seem a bit fairer to me. If it's the current system it's barely fit for purpose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

About fucking time. I note the word 'ballot' is mentioned, if they do something where you're given a day to log in and register interest and you're given a number to be drawn later that day or the next followed by an email telling you if you're successful and if so another day to pick a ticket then that would seem a bit fairer to me. If it's the current system it's barely fit for purpose.

aye, just noticed the ballot bit.

mind you, could that mean if you're linked to a couple of accounts and you're trying to buy 3, could you end up getting only 2 come out the hat? 

being a selfish fucker I think I preferred the old multi log in system!

also..... unlimited amount of memberships unlike last season, they're gonna fucking rake it in!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye, just noticed the ballot bit.

mind you, could that mean if you're linked to a couple of accounts and you're trying to buy 3, could you end up getting only 2 come out the hat? 

being a selfish fucker I think I preferred the old multi log in system!

also..... unlimited amount of memberships unlike last season, they're gonna fucking rake it in!  :lol:

Aye bit crap if its like the cup final. Virtually no chance of taking your bairn,

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@Renton .....

don't suppose you're disillusioned enough with last season's league cup final fiasco to want to transfer your season ticket to a popular member of the toontastic forum by any chance?  

;)

Think Alex is already sorted for quite a few tickets as it is mate. 

• Haha 3

This Induced a wry smile..don’t know if it’s accurate but reminds me of the old saying “be careful what you wish for…” 

Thoughts and prayers today for those with access to 11 memberships last season 🙏🏻😔 :jesuswept:  :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

This Induced a wry smile..don’t know if it’s accurate but reminds me of the old saying “be careful what you wish for…” 

Thoughts and prayers today for those with access to 11 memberships last season 🙏🏻😔 :jesuswept:  :D 

If it eliminates multi login devices and is a genuine ballot then I'm not complaining. Also if it's a genuine ballot then registering your interest should be enough rather than being watching your phone at work on the sly for an hour. 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Mind, this crack about memberships being unlimited opens the possibility of buying one and then never actually getting a ticket. £37 is a lot for a raffle ticket 

aye. it was all pretty much a lottery anyway, I think just about everybody had cottoned on in the end to using multi log ins.

tickets were selling out pretty much by 10.45 if you were anywhere above 8,000 in the queue you could pretty much give up as tickets were being bought in multiples by linked accounts and this at a time when membership numbers were limited. it was the norm towards the back end of last season to see queues in excess of 25,000.

I don't think it's implausible the club will sell an extra 10,000 memberships, canny little earner for them anyway!  :)

also.....

in a ballot how would they sort out seat choice? first names coming out the hat given first choice of seats available?

can't remember whether it was leicester or arsenal game last season when I missed the member sale so tried me hand on the general sale, go a really low queue number and had the choice of a seat with a view obscured by the corner flag in the first row of the leazes or £65 in the milburn...... watched it on the tele instead.   :lol:

Twitter in meltdown because the the new system doesn't specifically benefit them :lol:

I gave up trying last season because I couldn't be arsed to login on with 7 different devices with multiple linked accounts.

If this is literally just everyone goes in a hat and you randomly get a ticket then that'll do for me. And I'm speaking as someone who had a season ticket for years, not one of these 30,000 new fans that appeared overnight. 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Twitter in meltdown because the the new system doesn't specifically benefit them :lol:

I gave up trying last season because I couldn't be arsed to login on with 7 different devices with multiple linked accounts.

If this is literally just everyone goes in a hat and you randomly get a ticket then that'll do for me. And I'm speaking as someone who had a season ticket for years, not one of these 30,000 new fans that appeared overnight. 

I agree it should be better but I do chuckle that everyone has been going for years and had season tickets whereas the rest are new and appeared overnight. :lol:

• Like 1