a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Twitter in meltdown because the the new system doesn't specifically benefit them :lol:

I gave up trying last season because I couldn't be arsed to login on with 7 different devices with multiple linked accounts.

If this is literally just everyone goes in a hat and you randomly get a ticket then that'll do for me. And I'm speaking as someone who had a season ticket for years, not one of these 30,000 new fans that appeared overnight. 

best just avoiding twitter really.

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Bit of a scattergun approach by the Club if you ask me! 

pretty much the take of nufc.com......

https://www.nufc.com/

I wasn't aware of this bit mind, not seen it referenced anywhere else, can't say I'm surprised, although I can't really see why anyone who owns a season ticket would fork out extra to buy a membership to buy a match day ticket for anybody else, surely you'd just be telling your mate to buy a membership for themselves?

As was previously announced, existing season ticket holders are no longer automatically designated as members and would now need to sign up (and pay) separately in order to access those benefits

Edited by thebrokendoll

Fwiw, I'm not casting aspersions on anyone on here. Most of the people who post on the board have followed the club through thick and thin. 

I don't know much about the "Trust" but they seem to be a bunch of twisty holes that are only happy when the ticketing arrangements suit them personally. Rather than actually being a proper representation of the fans as a whole 

• Like 1

The True Faith episode last week about tickets had some ropey moments. Some bloke recounting a story of talking to a man who said his son wasn't able to get an away ticket despite being a season ticket holder 20 years. The man went on to say that his son had never previously been to an away game, to which the lad on the podcast goes "So y'kna, red flag there straight away for me." :lol:

This one is not pure enough to go to away games!

Openly talking about how they massively benefit from sharing tickets with their mates and vice versa, and sounding less than thrilled at the prospect of ballots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortuinately its an inevitable truth that the more successful we are, the higher up the football echelons we ascend, the more shafted the fans will be and the more will be priced out. Look at the Champions League prices, and the fact you have to buy all three even before you know who we've drawn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The True Faith episode last week about tickets had some ropey moments. Some bloke recounting a story of talking to a man who said his son wasn't able to get an away ticket despite being a season ticket holder 20 years. The man went on to say that his son had never previously been to an away game, to which the lad on the podcast goes "So y'kna, red flag there straight away for me." :lol:

Openly talking about how they massively benefit from sharing tickets with their mates and vice versa, and sounding less than thrilled at the prospect of ballots.

Absolutely this. 'well if you been going for years you build up a network to help you get tickets' about away tickets. Well aye, if you're lucky enough to know someone with loads of away points whose happy to let you have their ticket then great but what if you're not? And the fact a group of people in this network just all buy tickets whether they can go or not knowing they have the points for it and someone who'll take it and they think this is ok...... No. I used to have a little bit of time for one of them but he's come out with a couple of pearlers since the takeover. He wasn't as dismissive on the phone when on the want for some money for the trust fund scheme they had. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did anyone suggest that if you’ve never been to an away game you’re fairly unlikely to have an away loyalty point that qualifies the ST holder/member for an away ticket in the first place? :lol: 

I personally know lads who have never had any real contact with the club in modern times ie they’ve never needed a membership or ST to get a ticket for any given game. That’s come to a shuddering halt this summer. STs going digital has spoiled some very cosy relationships. Tbf something similar happened in the early 90s when the stadium was redeveloped, a lot of folk got left behind then too. Digitalising home tickets will weed out a few more of the old skool. The fan base will definitely lose something iyam. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure the fan base will lose something, but it definitely shouldn't be this closed shop like it is currently. Not that I'm suggesting you think it should be. You better fucking not anyway right.

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did anyone suggest that if you’ve never been to an away game you’re fairly unlikely to have an away loyalty point that qualifies the ST holder/member for an away ticket in the first place? :lol: 

I personally know lads who have never had any real contact with the club in modern times ie they’ve never needed a membership or ST to get a ticket for any given game. That’s come to a shuddering halt this summer. STs going digital has spoiled some very cosy relationships. Tbf something similar happened in the early 90s when the stadium was redeveloped, a lot of folk got left behind then too. Digitalising home tickets will weed out a few more of the old skool. The fan base will definitely lose something iyam. 

I don't know how the digital home tickets are going to work but likely to be a fuckimng pain in the arse. My seat, I should be able to give it to who I want to (and accept responsibility for that). But ironically if they somehow could apply them to away tickets I could see that making it more meritocratic.  

It's absolutely right that season ticket holders aren't automatically made members and given the chance to buy extra seats BTW. Were they previously also given priority over "normal" members?

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm sure the fan base will lose something, but it definitely shouldn't be this closed shop like it is currently. Not that I'm suggesting you think it should be. You better fucking not anyway right.

I’ve been informed that my away loyalty point total is in the top 3% at the club. However looking at the way the wind is blowing my attendance at home games may come under intense scrutiny to the point where my ST may be awarded to someone who meets any given new criteria more than I can. So no ST = no LOYALTY points… won’t happen this season but a few of us can see it coming a mile off. That’s when we’ll find this word loyalty is a one way street 😏

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't know how the digital home tickets are going to work but likely to be a fuckimng pain in the arse. My seat, I should be able to give it to who I want to (and accept responsibility for that). But ironically if they somehow could apply them to away tickets I could see that making it more meritocratic.  

Trouble is making a digital away ticket compatible with the systems at the 20 clubs in the division. Think it will come but not immediately….

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve been informed that my away loyalty point total is in the top 3% at the club. However looking at the way the wind is blowing my attendance at home games may come under intense scrutiny to the point where my ST may be awarded to someone who meets any given new criteria more than I can. So no ST = no LOYALTY points… won’t happen this season but a few of us can see it coming a mile off. That’s when we’ll find this word loyalty is a one way street 😏

I might get pelters but wtf has having a ST got to do with loyalty points built up? As long as you purchase some tickets from the club in any particular season you should keep them ST or not? It's total bullshit and reinforces this absurd idea that the ST 'holder'* is king of the swingers and everyone else is a relative nobody, often dismissed as a new fan. It makes you laugh, like. 

*I fucking hate that term and the dipshits who jumped on the bandwagon in the 90s used it all the time. You know the types, would phone up David fucking Mellor after they got shot of baker on 606, 'hello David, great show. I was at the game today, I'm a season ticket holder' said as though it validated their point as a supafan that they were about to make which was usually just a moan about the ref. I've said before when STs became necessary to get to a game then a part of football died and I still stick with it.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've said before when STs became necessary to get to a game then a part of football died and I still stick with it.

What's the alternative though?  A 100,000 seater stadium so anyone can come as and when they please?

Demand massively outstrips capacity atm. It didn't 2 seasons ago when we were shit and fighting relegation.  Aye, some of those stayed away because of Ashley. But there were 30,000 or so (at a guess) who were paying their money to watch us at our worst. Now they get the benefit of the good times. I've got zero animosity towards them for that. 

Even if we add another 10k on the capacity we are still going to have to same problem. What's the solution? Keep the extra 10k as general sale? Have a 1 season limit on any new season tickets? 

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I might get pelters but wtf has having a ST got to do with loyalty points built up? As long as you purchase some tickets from the club in any particular season you should keep them ST or not? It's total bullshit and reinforces this absurd idea that the ST 'holder'* is king of the swingers and everyone else is a relative nobody, often dismissed as a new fan. It makes you laugh, like. 

*I fucking hate that term and the dipshits who jumped on the bandwagon in the 90s used it all the time. You know the types, would phone up David fucking Mellor after they got shot of baker on 606, 'hello David, great show. I was at the game today, I'm a season ticket holder' said as though it validated their point as a supafan that they were about to make which was usually just a moan about the ref. I've said before when STs became necessary to get to a game then a part of football died and I still stick with it.

We had them (everyone did really) but it would be particularly funny when it would be suffixed by ‘…at the Bridge’ (much like Mellor himself). When you know they probably didn’t even like football before Italia 90, let alone stand in the Shed End a few years earlier 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I might be guilty of using it from time to time. Like you meet someone at work socially and all that small talk bullshit you have to endure. But then again, unlike you, I'm a true dedicated fan of soccer and nowadays you need a season ticket when United come to play. That's right isn't it guys? 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What's the alternative though?  A 100,000 seater stadium so anyone can come as and when they please?

Demand massively outstrips capacity atm. It didn't 2 seasons ago when we were shit and fighting relegation.  Aye, some of those stayed away because of Ashley. But there were 30,000 or so (at a guess) who were paying their money to watch us at our worst. Now they get the benefit of the good times. I've got zero animosity towards them for that. 

Even if we add another 10k on the capacity we are still going to have to same problem. What's the solution? Keep the extra 10k as general sale? Have a 1 season limit on any new season tickets? 

There wasn't any season tickets other than the two main stands for sale, going all seater and the thirst to get every cunt signed up all season long meant quite a few were all but frozen out having endured some absolute shite and with plenty of soakings chucked in for good measure. Come PL time the credit cards came out and the have nots were basically fucked off. It's too late now, (almost thirty years!!) but I definitely would've put a limit on STs so the community had a crack at watching their team instead of the same cunts sitting in the same seats getting older and making the game their own little possession instead of groups of lads gathering organically to behind each goal. Two ends of the ground should've been set aside as non-ST, 100%. Taylor mentioned in his Hillsborough report that all terracing converting to seats should keep similar pricing but that was ignored so anything similar regarding STs would've been equally pied off. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alex said:

We had them (everyone did really) but it would be particularly funny when it would be suffixed by ‘…at the Bridge’ (much like Mellor himself). When you know they probably didn’t even like football before Italia 90, let alone stand in the Shed End a few years earlier 

I once had the pleasure of hearing ten minutes of his show when a Chelsea fan rang in and the Roger Noveau and the twat mellor were having a chinwag about the game at 'the bridge'. It was a few days after they beat us in the cup in midweek, thirty odd thousand there including about seven thousand Geordies. Us in Div 1, them in the new shiny PL. Anyway, mellor states how he was a little bit disappointed with how few came down from Sheffield for the game on Saturday. The next day it came to mind whilst reading the paper so I looked at the results page. There was fucking 13,000 there on a Saturday afternoon premier league game and this absolute throbber was having a pop at the Sheffield United fans? :lol: (Wasn't he a Fulham fan before licking John major's arse and defecting to 'the bridge'?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I might be guilty of using it from time to time. Like you meet someone at work socially and all that small talk bullshit you have to endure. But then again, unlike you, I'm a true dedicated fan of soccer and nowadays you need a season ticket when United come to play. That's right isn't it guys? 

:lol:

Quick! Someone start the car! (Obviously not you, though). 

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

But there were 30,000 or so (at a guess) who were paying their money to watch us at our worst. Now they get the benefit of the good times. I've got zero animosity towards them for that. 

I should fucking hope not seeing as you were there with them paying fuck all.

• Haha 5