a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Makes you wonder what the point is if that is the case. I hope it’ll get me to a few home games this season but if 50k+ members are logging on every time for the 3-5k or whatever tickets are available for general sale then it’s highly unlikely. 

I previously got them via a group of mates who have a little syndicate going but but he suggestion was it won’t be as easy to get tickets from them this season. 

I had this conversation over twitter this morning. I assumed the membership fee was to discourage touts at first. But then remembered that you need a membership number to get a ticket anyway and then they're non-transferable (unless it's to someone on your friends list), in which case it feels like a massive money grab from the club. 70,000 x £37 = £2.5mil, for what is essentially getting your name chucked in a hat every fortnight. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I had this conversation over twitter this morning. I assumed the membership fee was to discourage touts at first. But then remembered that you need a membership number to get a ticket anyway and then they're non-transferable (unless it's to someone on your friends list), in which case it feels like a massive money grab from the club. 70,000 x £37 = £2.5mil, for what is essentially getting your name chucked in a hat every fortnight. 

Ah well, I’m happy to contribute £37 even if I don’t end up getting many tickets.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ackas said:

I think the changes they have made mean it will be harder to get a ticket next season.

Season ticket holders can pass their's on but members getting one in the ballot cant...

10 per season :cuppa:

58e4f304-7b1b-4611-8cdc-87f62d792a27.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't disagree with any of that, and fair play to you for walking away. But out of genuine interest, how do you align all of that with now being owned by PIF/MBS? From a moral perspective it's surely out of the frying pan and into a giant furnace? 

well like I said last night when I went on a bit of a ramble I was always gonna come back once ashley went, if it meant starting again with a nufc i identified with from the lower divisions and doing a bournemouth I'd have been happier with that than the saudis, especially if it meant the fat cunt lost every penny of the £1/4b he spent creating the abomination he did. but that's just me.

as far as the saudi's themselves go, I've said before I don't consider it my job to be the guardian of footballing morals, sport sold its soul a long time ago. besides, I was 61 on sunday, it would be nice to see us win something..... before I'm no longer here, for that reason I can live with them and you never know, I suppose there's always the chance their involvement over here might bring about some changes in their own country. fingers crossed.  :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

10 per season :cuppa:

58e4f304-7b1b-4611-8cdc-87f62d792a27.jpeg

I'll get a hat, a false moustache and fake glasses if you want to pass on any tickets for games you can't make outside of your allocated ten. :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway, I turned the WiFi off earlier on and just came for my bait, was going to try later tonight when I finish work but put back on to have a look and it put me straight through to buying one. I got one for me and my daughter. It might be £74 wasted but I'll take a chance for this season and see how it goes. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I assume there will still be 5% or more that have to be held back for general sale every game? 

No idea but I'm sure I read somewhere it's a PL requirement that some tickets have to go on general sale?

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No idea but I'm sure I read somewhere it's a PL requirement that some tickets have to go on general sale?

I think thats a myth
Up to the individual clubs how they handle their sales

If they are selling unlimited memberships then I cant see the logic of having a general public sale at all

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'll get a hat, a false moustache and fake glasses if you want to pass on any tickets for games you can't make outside of your allocated ten. :good:

I'm happy with all that HMHM but no fucking way are you having my phone. :lol:

Just realised 10 is obviously more than half the matches, that's fair enough. Wonder how many people I am allowed in my "family"?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I haven’t bothered like, despite my membership getting me to plenty of games last season. The idea of trying to get onto that website and get tickets with 80,000 other people is a pointless exercise tbh. 

Im flip flopping atm. What was your success rate last season out of interest? 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm happy with all that HMHM but no fucking way are you having my phone. :lol:

Just realised 10 is obviously more than half the matches, that's fair enough. Wonder how many people I am allowed in my "family"?

l think it’s unlimited as long as they’ve got membership/ticketing number :good: 

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm happy with all that HMHM but no way are you having my phone.

I wouldn't be seen dead with that brick. :cuppa:

• Haha 1

This cunt by the way, 'turned their backs on the club'.....

IMG_20230726_142459.thumb.jpg.b66488d70a0b2f8174c5177a1b2473b1.jpg

... Honestly, if he said this at the wrong time in the wrong place..... I could once look around at most of my fellow fans and feel we were basically the same people. Nowadays, not so fucking much. Fucking little tosser.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anyway, I turned the WiFi off earlier on and just came for my bait, was going to try later tonight when I finish work but put back on to have a look and it put me straight through to buying one. I got one for me and my daughter. It might be £74 wasted but I'll take a chance for this season and see how it goes. 

aye my thoughts too.

think it's an absolute knocking bet they'll grade memberships next year, pay £100 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions. pay £200 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions plus you'll get a cheeseburger and a pint of carling etc.

pretty sure arsenal have at least 3 categories of membership at the emirates.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

pay £200 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions. pay £100 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions plus you'll get a pint of carling

Fixed it for you

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye my thoughts too.

think it's an absolute knocking bet they'll grade memberships next year, pay £100 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions. pay £200 and you'll be guaranteed to come out the hat on 5 occasions plus you'll get a cheeseburger and a pint of carling etc.

pretty sure arsenal have at least 3 categories of membership at the emirates.

Fam, Blud and Manchild ? 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Im flip flopping atm. What was your success rate last season out of interest? 

Easily got to half of the games and would have been more if I could have made the midweek games. Most of them in decent seats in the Leazes corner as well 

On 26/07/2023 at 09:58, Renton said:
  • People can get to fuck judging anyone else. Call me a scab for retaining my ST is ridiculous, it's only football ffs.

If that remark was aimed at me then you are way of the mark. My ‘scab’ comment was aimed solely at the free loaders who greedily lapped up Ashley’s 10k free half season, cosmetic ground filler for TV tickets.

If I had owned a season ticket at the time I of course would have continued to attend too.

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

If that remark was aimed at me then you are way of the mark. My ‘scab’ comment was aimed solely at the free loaders who greedily lapped up Ashley’s 10k free half season, cosmetic ground filler for TV tickets.

If I had owned a season ticket at the time I of course would have continued to attend too.

Well let's be nice to each other here and not indulge in mackem like behaviour squabbles. No need to call anyone a scab for attending a game of football. A word which has the worst conotation in the NE short of nonce or paedo.

It's not like there was some official boycott of the ground at the time, people made individual choices on whether to go or not, and it we're honest, most people who gave up did so because they stopped enjoying the experience and thought they could get more pleasure elsewhere from the £500 or whatever they were spending. Many people who continued going did so purely for social reasons (myself included). A few might have given up entirely as an objection to Ashley which was their perogative. And some, shock horror, used Ashley's incompetence as a way of seeing matches cheaply. All of this is fine, there's no need to judge people for their actrions imo. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Shut up, scab nonce. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well let's be nice to each other here and not indulge in mackem like behaviour squabbles. No need to call anyone a scab for attending a game of football. A word which has the worst conotation in the NE short of nonce or paedo.

It's not like there was some official boycott of the ground at the time, people made individual choices on whether to go or not, and it we're honest, most people who gave up did so because they stopped enjoying the experience and thought they could get more pleasure elsewhere from the £500 or whatever they were spending. Many people who continued going did so purely for social reasons (myself included). A few might have given up entirely as an objection to Ashley which was their perogative. And some, shock horror, used Ashley's incompetence as a way of seeing matches cheaply. All of this is fine, there's no need to judge people for their actrions imo. 

Aye you are correct my choice of the word scab was rather excessive. My sentiment remains unchanged though.  

Regardless as to why folk genuinely did stop going, the drop in ticket sales did seem mysteriously close to Ashly finally slinging his hook after years and years of the ‘Ashly looking to sell the club’ bullshit patter they fed us through the press.

He knew he could only pull off the free ticket thing the once, and the sight of huge swathes of empty seats in the ground every time we featured on Sky would end up screwing  over whatever ‘positive’ publicity he thought his precious sports direct was getting.