Howe's Brazil Black and White Army v Fat Franks Right Wing Red Wall Bluedippers

wykikitoon

4 hours ago, Xa9as said:

He's ripping it up at Fulham on loan, servicing the Mitro!

Would take him here in the summer if Fulham somehow don't go up. Howe had him at Bournemouth in PL and was pretty decent from what I remember. Loves a FK. Would certainly be upgrade on Murphy/Ritchie/Fraser/Almiron as a back-up/rotation player in those forward/wide postions. 

I think he went to Fulham on a permanent transfer

So who starts in midfield against Everton? (Assuming we continue with three central midfielders)

bruno——shelvey——willock

or

bruno—shelvey——Joelinton 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Or is shelvey the one to miss out?

Willock—-Bruno—-Joelinton 

This for me, like. I don’t get the wankfest around Shelvey, I think he’s atrocious.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

This for me, like. I don’t get the wankfest around Shelvey, I think he’s atrocious.

I've haven't noticed any wankfest around Shelvey for a long time. Where are you seeing this? :lol: (Just so I can avoid it) ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've haven't noticed any wankfest around Shelvey for a long time. Where are you seeing this? :lol: (Just so I can avoid it) ;)

Must have stumbled into one of the threads Clarko went to work in.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not necessarily on here, just in general. Gets way too much praise for my liking and was only recalled from the wilderness because of the shit-eating cabbage head 🥬 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

that’s the highest energy option (and when was the last time we could say that about our midfield?) but do we miss Shelvey’s passing ability? 

For once, we have options and a genuine selection dilemma. I like the idea of playing the two Brazilians but Willock had his best performance of the season in the second half against leeds and we’re going to need goals from midfield if we’re going to survive. We also need one of them to get up and support Wood. Who else scores from midfield if willock misses out? 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Who else scores from midfield  if willock misses out? 

This indeed. I think it’s only a matter of time before he recaptures his form from

last season.

7 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

I'd like to see Fraser dropped for Bruno, and us moving to a 4-3-2-1. 

Dubravka

Trippier -- Lascelles --- Burn/Schar -- Targett

Bruno --- Shelvey --- Joelinton 

Willock -- ASM

Wood

- Two full backs both comfortable providing width and moving forward. 

- Joelinton stays in the side and provides legs for Jonjo, and the physicality we've seen him show recently. On the left side can track runs ASM won't be arsed covering.  

- Bruno comes in to be the pivot ahead of Shelvey. 

- Willock playing further forward to be able to get in the box, and defensively can screen Allan to stop them playing.

- ASM playing in from the left. Joe/Targett down the left side behind him should be suited to link up with him. Targett had his best season playing behind Grealish.

- Wood hoyed up front as no fucker else, but Willock and ASM playing closer to him.

looks good on paper but if we assume Howe continues with 4-3-3 is a Fraser still the one to miss out for you?

Edited by Dr Gloom

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So who starts in midfield against Everton? (Assuming we continue with three central midfielders)

bruno——shelvey——willock

or

bruno—shelvey——Joelinton 

It’s a very hard call because if Shelvey and Joelinton play as well as some of their recent performances then I’d have them in.

I wasn’t even a fan of Willocks last season. Yes the goals were needed etc but the rest of the time I thought he was quite lazy (might just be me).

Hopefully with a more forward looking defence, we might be playing further up the field and not relying on ASM to come deep.

Fuck knows :lol: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

I'd say Willock. Bruno-Shelvey-Joe would be my choice for a midfield anyhow.

Fraser brings nothing to the side in my opinion. He was rarely shown anything since coming here, and I thought Howe coming in we might see a new lease of life from him but theres been fuck all. Thought he was poor against Leeds, hasn't scored and only 1 assist for a forward player is shambolic. We need more than just trying hard to stay up, running round a bit and being friendly with the manager to stay up like

Of the two wingers Fraser is the one who puts in the defensive work and the one you’d expect is more likely to be able to cross the ball on to Wood’s ahead. But you’re right his lack of assists and goals this season is piss poor. We could play Shelvey, Bruno and Willock in midfield and put big Joe out wide instead of Fraser but all his best work this season has been when he’s played deeper. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

I'd say Willock. Bruno-Shelvey-Joe would be my choice for a midfield anyhow.

Fraser brings nothing to the side in my opinion. He was rarely shown anything since coming here, and I thought Howe coming in we might see a new lease of life from him but theres been fuck all. Thought he was poor against Leeds, hasn't scored and only 1 assist for a forward player is shambolic. We need more than just trying hard to stay up, running round a bit and being friendly with the manager to stay up like

Inclined to agree regarding Fraser. He could have value in an extremely open game, but as it is he's not incisive enough to create or finish chances. Prove me wrong Ryan, Howe obviously has some belief in him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Of the two wingers Fraser is the one who puts in the defensive work and the one you’d expect is more likely to be able to cross the ball on to Wood’s ahead. But you’re right his lack of assists and goals this season is piss poor. We could play Shelvey, Bruno and Willock in midfield and put big Joe out wide instead of Fraser but all his best work this season has been when he’s played deeper. 

Sorry to say it but I agree that he puts in the work but he's at a disadvantage due to his size in every respect, except centre of gravity which isn't worth much when he's not particularly good at drawing fouls or beating a man on the dribble without having acres of space.

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Looks like they've trained at SJP get the new lads to the church on the hill 😎

Either that or they've finally conceded Darlsey Park is an absolutely pile of shit and a breeding ground for muscle injuries.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Either that or they've finally conceded Darlsey Park is an absolutely pile of shit and a breeding ground for muscle injuries.

probably just trying to dodge Adam Pearson

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Having TOT,Willock The Waster and BUJ7 in the team until the end of the season will likely result in relegation.

Just in case anyone is having trouble following who is being referenced here, I’ve done a handy guide here

• Haha 5

Listening to the True Faith poddy this morning and they were discussing if Big Joe should be dropped.  Only one was really pushing for him to be dropped really.  But it will be interesting how they do line up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Listening to the True Faith poddy this morning and they were discussing if Big Joe should be dropped.  Only one was really pushing for him to be dropped really.  But it will be interesting how they do line up.

Played better without him second half at Leeds...

• Like 2