Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Either Sesko's agent is as much of a tit as Ekitike's, or it looks like we might be getting him. Of course it might sting a bit when it's announced that Bayern or someone have been the ones to actually swoop in. If that was his agents intention i.e. generate publicity for his client by posting about being in Newcastle without the intention of ever signing for us, then he's done his job for his client I suppose. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

In a nutshell. The fucking ITKs are going to hate it when these deals get announced as it'll expose them for what they are. Absolute bullshitters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

In a nutshell. The fucking ITKs are going to hate it when these deals get announced as it'll expose them for what they are. Absolute bullshitters.

like I said 

• Haha 4

I can’t believe someone is paying Lingard £200k per week, utter madness.

You’ve got to think that the majority of the Forest first team are on about a tenth of that. He’s sure to cause a fair bit of resentment when he is spending half his time dabbing (or whatever arseholes get up to these days) on TikTok.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

You’ve got to think that the majority of the Forest first team are on about a tenth of that. He’s sure to cause a fair bit of resentment when he is spending half his time dabbing (or whatever arseholes get up to these days) on TikTok.

Depends if he delivers I guess. They'll soon forget about what he's being paid if his performances ensure Forest remain in the PL after this season. 

IMO a promoted team does need to strengthen following promotion if they have desires of staying there. I appreciate there was an emotional connection, but i'd be intrigued to know what we paid Beardsley when he returned in 1993 relative to everyone else. I suspect it was higher. 

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

On the surface it's madness, but they'll be seeing it as pay 10M in wages for a player who would command that much in transfer fees easily if he was still under contract. Of course even a freely available player will have an agent wanting to wet their beak on the deal so there will have been some coin outside the wages involved as well. It's a Mike Ashley'esque move a gamble for them to try to retain premier league status which is where the real windfall is. Attacking players are notoriously expensive, so it could potentially be a good deal for them, but only if Lingard wants to compete. The motivation for him is probably more about what comes next, do even reasonably well and Lingard and his agent then get to do the same again next season when at the age of 30 I'd say they'll be looking for a 2 or 3 year deal.

1 hour ago, OTF said:

On the surface it's madness, but they'll be seeing it as pay 10M in wages for a player who would command that much in transfer fees easily if he was still under contract. Of course even a freely available player will have an agent wanting to wet their beak on the deal so there will have been some coin outside the wages involved as well. It's a Mike Ashley'esque move a gamble for them to try to retain premier league status which is where the real windfall is. Attacking players are notoriously expensive, so it could potentially be a good deal for them, but only if Lingard wants to compete. The motivation for him is probably more about what comes next, do even reasonably well and Lingard and his agent then get to do the same again next season when at the age of 30 I'd say they'll be looking for a 2 or 3 year deal.

If I was a Forest fan, my concern would be whether he will actually give a fuck or not.  If he does put the effort in and stays fit, this could be a great deal for them. However there must be a reason he couldnt get in a poor Man Utd side and I suspect it's his attitude

25 minutes ago, Kitman said:

If I was a Forest fan, my concern would be whether he will actually give a fuck or not.  If he does put the effort in and stays fit, this could be a great deal for them. However there must be a reason he couldnt get in a poor Man Utd side and I suspect it's his attitude

Let's be real for a moment, if you were a Forest fan you'd not be posting on a Newcastle United forum.

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

You would think Ten Hag would be right on those two with them being Dutch internationals. With Pogba going and the Ronaldo situation there could be worse shouts for them as well. But maybe they have other targets. Obviously they're after Frenkie de Jong, but he seemingly doesn't want to leave Barca. Of course it being Man U it will either make Depay want to prove the doubters wrong, or steer clear. All that being said I'd take both, but there's little chance with the wages they'd be on, and again if their fellow Dutchman in Ten Hag came calling we'd likely find it difficult to compete even on that level. 

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

again if their fellow Dutchman in Ten Hag came calling we'd likely find it difficult to compete even on that level. 

Aye, especially with fellow Dutchman Schteve McClaren as his assistant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Kitman said:

However there must be a reason he couldnt get in a poor Man Utd side and I suspect it's his attitude

Even West Ham fans reckon that after his initial purple patch for them his attitude wasn't great.

• Like 1

Rumours that Chelsea are after Maxi. I'd be surprised if they were in fairness, but if selling him meant we could get two standout forwards I probably wouldn't be that upset about him leaving. It seems like he's being at least a bit disruptive to the squad with some of his behavior, and this is following on from his comments about having better numbers if he were surrounded by better players. Maybe that's why we're after Harrison who's preferred position is on the left, and we're supposed to be after a right winger. The plan could be to get Harrison for around the 20-25m mark, sell Maxi for around 40m, and use the difference to add to our transfer funds. If it meant we could go all out for a marquee signing, again they should go for it. Of course it was the Express that this story appeared in, so large pinch of salt probably required, but it makes sense in some respects. I have read that we'd take 40m for Maxi if someone came in with a bid.  

Edited by Polarboy

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season