Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

37 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Rumours that Chelsea are after Maxi. I'd be surprised if they were in fairness, but if selling him meant we could get two standout forwards I probably wouldn't be that upset about him leaving. It seems like he's being at least a bit disruptive to the squad with some of his behavior, and this is following on from his comments about having better numbers if he were surrounded by better players. Maybe that's why we're after Harrison who's preferred position is on the left, and we're supposed to be after a right winger. The plan could be to get Harrison for around the 20-25m mark, sell Maxi for around 40m, and use the difference to add to our transfer funds. If it meant we could go all out for a marquee signing, again they should go for it. Of course it was the Express that this story appeared in, so large pinch of salt probably required, but it makes sense in some respects. I have read that we'd take 40m for Maxi if someone came in with a bid.  

No that's stupid, dumb and you should feel ashamed.

• We need depth and ASM performs well when played on the right so interest in a left winger does not mean he's out the door.
  • They're asking £30-35m for Harrison which drops your 'profit' down to £5-10m which means fuck all
  • If Chelsea want our most creative player of the last few seasons, they can stump up £60m+ or fuck off
  • Chelsea have just signed Raheem Sterling and are already awash with attacking midfielders
  • Tuchel's demands of a player are higher than Howe's so ASM's indolence wouldn't be tolerated there
  • As has been said, on countless occasions, it's not a lack of available funds that's stopping us buying players it's; agents dicking around, clubs dicking around, our reasonable refusal to pay over the odds just because we've got cash.

Are you a delicious platter or English Tapas? Cos you just got served!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

• We need depth and ASM performs well when played on the right so interest in a left winger does not mean he's out the door.
  • They're asking £30-35m for Harrison which drops your 'profit' down to £5-10m which means fuck all
  • If Chelsea want our most creative player of the last few seasons, they can stump up £60m+ or fuck off
  • Chelsea have just signed Raheem Sterling and are already awash with attacking midfielders
  • Tuchel's demands of a player are higher than Howe's so ASM's indolence wouldn't be tolerated there
  • As has been said, on countless occasions, it's not a lack of available funds that's stopping us buying players it's; agents dicking around, clubs dicking around, our reasonable refusal to pay over the odds just because we've got cash.

• We may need depth but if ASM is acting the tit then he can go.
  • We've supposedly bid around 20m, and he's not worth 30-35m, so they may be open to negotiation depending on how much money they need to complete their transfer business. 
  • ASM isn't worth 60m, although neither was Richarlison. 40M even is probably a bit steep, given ASM's limitations i.e. pressing, general defensive work, poor decision making, inconsistency etc, and apparent attitude problems. 
  • Sterling will most likely be playing off the right, and Werner who generally plays off the left could be leaving, or is at least out of favour at present. 
  • Yeah that's largely why I said I'd be surprised if Chelsea were actually after him. 
  • I'm past caring about FFP at this stage. I don't think anyone really knows the exact details of what the club wants to spend, why, what limitations we have and why, but again if ASM is being a tit, then getting rid makes sense if we can replace him and add to the coffers as well, regardless of how much money we have to spend. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Also Express:cuppa:

Where has this thing about Max acting the cunt come from? 

It’s fine to not like him as a player, he is quite frustrating but the only quotes we have had out the club this summer are Eddie Howe saying he’s worked hard, had a good preseason and is happy

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

Where has this thing about Max acting the cunt come from? 

It’s fine to not like him as a player, he is quite frustrating but the only quotes we have had out the club this summer are Eddie Howe saying he’s worked hard, had a good preseason and is happy

There was something somewhere recently how he keeps parking at the training ground right next to the door where it's a no parking.  Also the comments which he basically said if I had better players around me, my own stats would be better.

Hardly being a cunt like.  

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There was something somewhere recently how he keeps parking at the training ground right next to the door where it's a no parking.  Also the comments which he basically said if I had better players around me, my own stats would be better.

Hardly being a cunt like.  

He also apparently got into a fight with Murphy recently, not sure how physical it was or if it was just shouting and handbags, and of course fights like that happen all the time. His general attitude on the pitch is pretty poor, but parking in the captains parking spot, and slagging off the quality of his teammates, even if it's true, is a cunty thing to do, and shows a general lack of respect for the club and team. Also Ayatollah I don't see colour, I only seen cunty so watch your step 😂👍

Edited by Polarboy

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There was something somewhere recently how he keeps parking at the training ground right next to the door where it's a no parking. 

it's to be hoped he never does anything similar to that should he ever visit the cotswolds.

the absolute whopper.

30 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He wears flash gear and is black. Therefore, his attitude must be incorrect

what are the odds on him getting a nickname from essembee this season?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what are the odds on him getting a nickname from essembee this season?

BUM

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

They can fuck right off for 35m+. I've also heard that Harrison has a poor attitude and wears flash gear. 

Parked his hummer over two disabled spots when going on a peasant hunting expedition I heard. And that's not a spelling mistake.

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season