Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Oxygen tents don't require a mask. 

I'm not trying to be a dick by asking this, but how much exactly do you know about the various injury therapies and accompanying equipment?

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

West Ham United allegedly face the possibility of an 11th hour hijack in our move to sign Lucas Paqueta from Lyon.

That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS that another club has joined the Hammers late on in the race to sign the Brazilian.

The Hammers fans are getting incredibly excited about the prospect of the 25-year-old rocking up at the London Stadium this summer.

The longer that time goes on without confirmation of the signing from the club though, the more concerned the fans are becoming. And it seems as though there’s a very good reason as to why…

An unnamed Premier League club have entered the race to sign the Lyon ace at the final knockings. That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS:

“It’s unfortunate that Lucas Paqueta is leaving. But he wanted to leave. We thought we had very big clubs, we didn’t have them. We had to talk at the last moment with West Ham. Now I know that there was an English club that wanted to come forward at the last moment so maybe tomorrow morning we’ll wake up with a novelty. I can’t tell you the name.”

Wow. What a shocker it would be to lose out on Paqueta now.

The Brazilian is an exceptional talent and will be able to take the Hammers to another level entirely.

With an 11th hour hijack reportedly on the cards though, West Ham may well be made to regret not wrapping up a deal for Paqueta sooner.

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. Losing out on the 25-year-old to another Premier League club would be a truly massive blow.

West Ham face 11th hour Paqueta hijack from PL club according to Lyon president Aulas (hammers.news)

Sean Casey preparing a “like I said” tweet as we speak 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

I'm not trying to be a dick by asking this, but how much exactly do you know about the various injury therapies and accompanying equipment?

I know everything about it mother fucker

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He's a huge Michael Jackson fan. I think he's basing his opinion on Jacko's oxygen tent. 

• Haha 5

Well, two of my close friends are sports academics and I know a couple of pro athletes.  I have spoken to them on recovery and therapy on several occasions.

But the whole idea of an oxygen tent's with a bottom of common sense you would think why would he require an oxygen mask sat in an oxygen tent.  The oxygen therapy they're not going to an altitude of 8000m+ in there.  Even living at an altitude of 2000m has huge benefits with recovery.

4.webp.3a004ac0455acf6cec74844504aed4e3.webp

Think this is the Rugby player Johnny May, but as far as oxygen tents go there are ones with masks. I'd assume there are likely top of the line models where you're completely sealed off, like in those chambers used for the bends, as well. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He's a huge Michael Jackson fan. I think he's basing his opinion on Jacko's oxygen tent. 

Just reminded me. I was out walking the dog yesterday when I passed an utterly fucking appalling Michael Jackson tribute act strutting his stuff on a temporary stage erected in the car park at the Wheatsheaf at Benton Square. He couldn’t sing or dance and looked like Gary Glitter in a boiler suit. I’d assumed it was some ill-fated talent show until I saw this poster on social media 

BE36D01A-693A-47C6-B316-E96B8DE6E6F9.jpeg

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

There's loads of this going on. Same weekend as Glastonbury my lass found herself at the same pub (I think) watching some sort of alternative Glasto with a Queen tribute band and Bon Geordie. :lol:

I had to pick her up and it did not sound good. 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Pussy fuck

So many baffled by this on twitter but it doesn't take a genius to work out he's forced a move ,  don't think people realise whilst we can't offer European Football as a back up that we won't have too many top class back ups 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We might still be using Ashley's gear: oxygen tank in a wheelie bin. 

I think you'll find that the "oxygen tank" was Penfold blowing air in with a straw. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's loads of this going on. Same weekend as Glastonbury my lass found herself at the same pub (I think) watching some sort of alternative Glasto with a Queen tribute band and Bon Geordie. :lol:

I had to pick her up and it did not sound good. 

Bon Geordie have been going for years. Never actually seen them except on posters in pubs but I doubt they’re as good as their name 

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So we've now got two bad scenarios and one good one:

- Standard oxygen therapy

- Surgery

- Taking a selfy as his private jet plummets to earth

You can see the tent behind him. And he's not getting wheeled into surgery in his NUFC training kit 😂

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

So many baffled by this on twitter but it doesn't take a genius to work out he's forced a move ,  don't think people realise whilst we can't offer European Football as a back up that we won't have too many top class back ups 

Think he’s probably been told what games he’ll play in, probably Europa, Carabao and maybe FA Cup.  Means he’ll play once a week between now and the WC break in Europe and probably get a modest pay rise. It’s a great deal where he’s concerned and if we’re unlucky it’ll definitely weaken us  and we’re going to be a direct competitor for them this season. Any bitterness towards him from our support is fuckin bullshit tbh. They only get one shot at a career and one of the biggest clubs on the planet want him. No brainer for him…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

im reading reports that the other team rumour is false.

Seems strange for it to come from Lyon's President though, and AFTER a fee has been agreed. It's not like it's an attempt to bump the fee up.

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Would you take Ross Barkley as a free agent? Chelsea have supposedly just released him. Of course he like Lingard will probably fuck any decent move by asking for ludicrous wages given his free agent status. He seems injury prone and wildly inconsistent, but perhaps that the former mostly explains the latter. If anybody could draw out his potential it's Howe of course, so he might be worth a massive punt if, again, he isn't playing silly beggars with his wage demands. 

No.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Just reminded me. I was out walking the dog yesterday when I passed an utterly fucking appalling Michael Jackson tribute act strutting his stuff on a temporary stage erected in the car park at the Wheatsheaf at Benton Square. He couldn’t sing or dance and looked like Gary Glitter in a boiler suit. I’d assumed it was some ill-fated talent show until I saw this poster on social media 

BE36D01A-693A-47C6-B316-E96B8DE6E6F9.jpeg

How little effort did that Pet Shop Boys tribute put into coming up with a name btw 😁

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season