Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

24 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'll eat my dead grans unwashed, birth control diaphragm if that swap story turns out to be true. 

you should eat it anyway for thinking its acceptable to let dubravka fuck off to man utd!  ;)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you should eat it anyway for thinking its acceptable to let dubravka fuck off to man utd!  ;)

Nah, I'll be exclusively eating whatever the exact opposite of humble pie is thanks 😂👍

Edited by Polarboy

46m pound, fucking hell. That's a lot of money for a defensive mid, but we do really need a quality player in that position. You'd assume it would only be a loan for an attacking player after that, but then again I never thought we'd be bidding this much for Isak and then this Alvarez lad. The aforementioned of course is assuming that this twitter detective work is accurate. Ajax after getting 100m Euro off Man U have no need to sell though, and apparently Anthony was agitating hard for the move. 

The one thing I don't understand is that given Man U were desperate for a quality defensive mid, so much so that they overpaid on a 30 year old, albeit good, player, so why wouldn't Ten Hag given his connections to Ajax not be going after him as well as Anthony. You'd have a much younger player for less money. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that Ten Hag knows that Ajax will never sell Alvarez this window. Of course you'd assume Ashworth must be getting some sort of encouragement if these rumours of bids are true, otherwise why would he bother going in with an improved bid. I suppose there's one final option and that is that Ten Hag doesn't fancy him at the price he'd be, which would worrying given he coached him. 

Edited by Polarboy

In the final days of the window what position would we all feel the need to strengthen most?

I know there has been plenty of talk of winger, but for me we have ASM, Miggy (in good form), Fraser (when not injured) and Murphy* currently, plus Joelinton can also play out wide so could Anderson in a pinch or Ritchie*.

In central midfield with Shelvey long term injured we're short on talent (beyond Bruno) when it comes to unlocking defenses. Anderson looks like this is where he is best suited so it would be great if he developed and made his mark. Willock is a bit of an enigma in terms of where he best fits, I personally don't think he particularly suits our style of play as we become more possession oriented. Joelinton, like Bruno, is absolutely vital here driving the tempo for our closing down and an excellent ball winner. Beyond him we're absolutely starved in that role with S. Longstaff* looking pedestrian in terms of winning the ball back and seemingly wanting too much time when on the ball. In attack you could play either Miggy or Fraser through the middle but physically they'd be well any truly lacking the defensive mettle for middle of the field combat. This is therefore when I see us most needing to strengthen now that Isak has signed. Second would be a forward who can also play wide or in an attacking midfield role so there is some crossover and third would be an out and out winger.

Defensively I think we're well stocked even with Krafth's long term injury, though there's a huge drop in quality if Trippier is injured.

Id like Alvarez, I think we lack depth at the base of midfield and we were exposed by it a couple of times yesterday Willock does not like a 50-50 we need more steel there imo so that matters less. 

• Like 4

I like Willock as the right sided “number 8”. He’s a good option but I’d probably prefer if he was the kind of quality we had coming off the bench along with Shelvey Anderson and instead of the likes of Longstaff.

A new Defensve midfielder, right sided winger and creative midfielder would all improve our squad but it’s hard to see us getting all of them this window. The injuries to shelvey and Bruno exposes how much of a gap in quality there is between our first and second string. The pleasing things is the reserve players all buy into Howe’s way of playing and aren’t lacking effort and application. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OTF said:

In the final days of the window what position would we all feel the need to strengthen most?

I know there has been plenty of talk of winger, but for me we have ASM, Miggy (in good form), Fraser (when not injured) and Murphy* currently, plus Joelinton can also play out wide so could Anderson in a pinch or Ritchie*.

In central midfield with Shelvey long term injured we're short on talent (beyond Bruno) when it comes to unlocking defenses. Anderson looks like this is where he is best suited so it would be great if he developed and made his mark. Willock is a bit of an enigma in terms of where he best fits, I personally don't think he particularly suits our style of play as we become more possession oriented. Joelinton, like Bruno, is absolutely vital here driving the tempo for our closing down and an excellent ball winner. Beyond him we're absolutely starved in that role with S. Longstaff* looking pedestrian in terms of winning the ball back and seemingly wanting too much time when on the ball. In attack you could play either Miggy or Fraser through the middle but physically they'd be well any truly lacking the defensive mettle for middle of the field combat. This is therefore when I see us most needing to strengthen now that Isak has signed. Second would be a forward who can also play wide or in an attacking midfield role so there is some crossover and third would be an out and out winger.

Defensively I think we're well stocked even with Krafth's long term injury, though there's a huge drop in quality if Trippier is injured.

Almiron's form is back to its baseline already, ie: no end product. Murphy, Ritchie and Joelinton on the wing is Bruceball stuff. 

We are desperate for another wide player and a replacement for Longstaff. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season