Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

16th December and Polarboy has got the drawing pins and thread out. Gonna be a long old transfer window for that bloke! 

plenty of time on his hands, grounds too hard to be digging shallow graves for his victims.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

16th December and Polarboy has got the drawing pins and thread out. Gonna be a long old transfer window for that bloke! 

You need new material mate. It would be a very quiet and boring transfer thread without rumours. Plus I think an article in the Times should probably pass the sniff test of being of a decent source and therefore of interest regardless of whether anything ever comes of our supposed interest in the player. 😉👍

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

Will be bollocks. He only signed for them 6 months ago and they're top of the league.

Probably, at least in the sense that we have a chance of signing him in the near future as opposed to not even being interested. Their chairman is notoriously difficult to deal with. Having said that they signed him for 10m so they might be tempted to cash in early depending on the offer. I have heard that given his talent and only being 21 they value him at over 100m, so they probably think they can keep him for at least one more season before selling for something close to that. But again a lot can happen with form and injury in a season or two so they might be tempted to sell depending on their current financial situation. 

Edited by Polarboy

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So we assume ASM is off then? 

Well we've repeatedly been linked to left sided players for big money, so I'd say it's looking like that. Plus I think it was Craig Hope that reported that the club told ASM that they would have taken 40m+ for him last summer but we didn't get an offer in that bracket for him. So whether it's January or next summer ASM will most likely be sold unless form or injury bring down his value to such an extent that we can't sell him for what we want. I think ASM is too erratic of a player for Howe's tastes regardless of his undoubted skill on the ball. 

I think asm deserves to the end of the season. 

He started it well and had changed his game. He was passing more and tracking back more.. The part of his game that fucks me off more is when he loses it and he throws his arms in the air as if its not his fault and then stands still. Similar to when Miggy would roll about on the floor. Miggy has stopped that and look at him. If asm has taken that on board and can carry on his progress then great. 

But I'm not sure he has that mentality. Due to injury he's been out and thankfully we've coped. But it would be good to have more depth. But will asm want better comp I'm not sure. 

No chance we'd get Kvaratskhelia for £50m, scant chance we'll get him in January at all. 

Still think DM and depth at fullback are the priorities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

No chance we'd get Kvaratskhelia for £50m, scant chance we'll get him in January at all. 

Still think DM and depth at fullback are the priorities. 

Man City got Haaland for £50m ish, anything is possible.

Edited by Dougle

21 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Man City got Haaland for £50m ish, anything is possible.

Haaland had a release clause, and trophy laden, title-chasing Man City had been pursuing him for a while. Kvaratskhelia doesn't have a release clause, we are not laden with Trophies, nor are we title chasing.

He moved to Napoli in July and his contract runs until 2027. He's scored 6 and assisted 5 in 11 starts in the league. Napoli are currently unbeaten, sitting on top of Serie A, 8pts clear of AC Milan. They topped their Champions League group, ahead of Liverpool and Ajax (and Rangers) and are favourites to get passed Frankfurt. 

I'd be absolutely staggered if he left Napoli after 6 months when everything is going so well. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sarcastic Joke GIF

Listen here Private Pissy Pants, we're 3rd and that's unbelievable, but we are categorically not in the title hunt. Not yet. We'd need to improve our form beyond the spectacular return we're seeing now. 

You flit between hubris and pessimism quick as a hiccough. It must be exhausting. It's exhausting to watch. But I cannot imagine living a life that oscillates so.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Listen here Private Pissy Pants, we're 3rd and that's unbelievable, but we are categorically not in the title hunt. Not yet. We'd need to improve our form beyond the spectacular return we're seeing now. 

You flit between hubris and pessimism quick as a hiccough. It must be exhausting. It's exhausting to watch. But I cannot imagine living a life that oscillates so.

we're 100% in the tile race until we're not. we're third - enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

What do you suggest we need to improve on our form of 5 straight wins ? Are there secret win bonuses we don't know about.

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

Haaland had a release clause, and trophy laden, title-chasing Man City had been pursuing him for a while. Kvaratskhelia doesn't have a release clause, we are not laden with Trophies, nor are we title chasing.

He moved to Napoli in July and his contract runs until 2027. He's scored 6 and assisted 5 in 11 starts in the league. Napoli are currently unbeaten, sitting on top of Serie A, 8pts clear of AC Milan. They topped their Champions League group, ahead of Liverpool and Ajax (and Rangers) and are favourites to get passed Frankfurt. 

I'd be absolutely staggered if he left Napoli after 6 months when everything is going so well. 

Why do you have to bring common sense and logic into this place? 

Maddison has been left out of the Leicester squad this evening. Makes no odds from a cup-tied perspective as he already featured for them in a previous round. Be interesting to see if he's selected on Boxing Day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Hasn’t someone pathetically unreliable suggested that a deal for Maddison won’t be done next month? :unsure: 

• Haha 4

I don’t think the club will be held to ransom and we don’t need him now. We’re impatient as fans but the hierarchy are playing the long game. Iirc he’ll only have 12 months on his contract come the summer. Leicester still need to secure their PL status. Not suggestion Edwards knows any more than me. He’s probably just speculating too. And if we do sign Maddison in January, Edwards will claim an ‘assist’ for putting out the info he received to dampen down the speculation. Or something 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season