Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t see Lascelles leaving unless they’re 100% confident of a replacement being sorted. Even then, I think you’d see the replacement signed before they sold him on

Ideally we'll soon have some properly highly rated youngsters coming through our ranks who have the quality to provide the cover required. With Lascelles we know his ceiling.

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

this rumour is back 

Fuck I hope not, we wanted him on loan, cant see us shelling out 40 million for him now when hes spent the 5 months since not playing

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’re just pissed off I’ve outdone you in the meme stakes this morning :D

image.gif.51c79363505b24828570a908ef692e78.gif

I wonder how SLP is doing these days.

37 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Fuck I hope not, we wanted him on loan, cant see us shelling out 40 million for him now when hes spent the 5 months since not playing

40 mill could be good value IF the following are true:

1. He's not frequently injured

2. He allows us to raise our profile in the USA in the lead up to the next World Cup

3. He's not on ridiculous wages that could upset our apple cart

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t see Lascelles leaving unless they’re 100% confident of a replacement being sorted. Even then, I think you’d see the replacement signed before they sold him on

The bloke is 29, it’s pretty evident he will not feature regularly here again. He could be a decent player in the right side, he will be offski of his own choice soon I would have thought.

Obviously not in quiet the same dummees oot the pram way as Man U’s 3rd choice keeper. But I’m pretty sure he will ask to leave for the benefit of his own career.

Edited by Dougle

22 minutes ago, Dougle said:

The bloke is 29, it’s pretty evident he will not feature regularly here again. He could be a decent player in the right side, he will be offski of his own choice soon I would have thought.

Obviously not in quiet the same dummees oot the pram way as Man U’s 3rd choice keeper. But I’m pretty sure he will ask to leave for the benefit of his own career.

Nottingham Forest?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Nottingham Forest?

Probably in actual fact.

Although dropping down a division for a lad who has played in the top flight for 7 out of the last 8 seasons will be a bit of a pisser.

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Burn, Botman, Schar and one other brought in perhaps? The rest all make sense, we don't really need them, ritchie has hardly played, fraser is back of the queue in an area we're looking to make stronger.

Gvardiol 🙏. Imagine Gvardiol and Botman as our CB pair :lol: both left footed but one can dream. 

Edited by Howay

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Gvardiol 🙏. Imagine Gvardiol and Botman as our CB pair :lol: both left footed but one can dream. 

Sounds like an ointment, kiss your piles goodbye with Gvardiol and bolster your back line.

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

That would be nice wouldn't it, I'd like someone with a bit of pace about them as our next Cb and Lb, otherwise we're ending up with a really slow back line.

Aye would be good to have some genuine pace back there, as you say it’s the one thing our back line really lacks currently, their positioning is brilliant but it’s always good insurance to have someone that’s fucking rapid. 

It’s still mental to just look forward to the window, we know we will get some top class talent as we have in the previous two windows. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dougle said:

Probably in actual fact.

Although dropping down a division for a lad who has played in the top flight for 7 out of the last 8 seasons will be a bit of a pisser.

True, but he's 29yrs old, so he's still probably got 2-3 seasons left. Move to Forest in January, Lead them back up next season as a senior pro. Lovely welcome back at St James', you know the whole applaud his first touch then boo his next,  he laughs, we laugh, lovely stuff. Then we put the 5 past him to secure the title. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

True, but he's 29yrs old, so he's still probably got 2-3 seasons left. Move to Forest in January, Lead them back up next season as a senior pro. Lovely welcome back at St James', you know the whole applaud his first touch then boo his next,  he laughs, we laugh, lovely stuff. Then we put the 5 past him to secure the title. 

Are they in the Championship now? 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season