Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

It’s mad what Chelsea are doing. They’re spending like mad now in what seems to be a scattergun approach but the costs are delayed until later. If this doesn’t work out for them then they’ve hamstrung themselves.

Whereas we would be much better placed to do such deals given the expected long term increase in commercial revenue. But even still I don’t think it’s a road I’d like to see us go down.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s mad what Chelsea are doing. They’re spending like mad now in what seems to be a scattergun approach but the costs are delayed until later. If this doesn’t work out for them then they’ve hamstrung themselves.

Whereas we would be much better placed to do such deals given the expected long term increase in commercial revenue. But even still I don’t think it’s a road I’d like to see us go down.

Even just in the here and now you’d think they must be desperate to move on loads of players. I haven’t checked but there must be loads of expensive spare wheels who can’t even make the 25 man squad. That must be costing them in terms of money and morale if they cant at least be loaned out

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Even just in the here and now you’d think they must be desperate to move on loads of players. I haven’t checked but there must be loads of expensive spare wheels who can’t even make the 25 man squad. That must be costing them in terms of money and morale if they cant at least be loaned out

That’s what makes this plan even more crazy. Obviously they’ve got a lot of highly paid players that they need to get rid of.

But dangerously if these new players don’t work out then because of how they’re accounting for them then they’re taking an even bigger hit on them in their accounts and FFP if they have to sell them in a couple of years.

• Like 2

It seems really unlikely that this is going to work out well for them. It doesn't take too many of these players to be bad signings for them to end up another Everton. It's a massive gamble but it feels like their new owners have fucked up. Which is just fucking great. 

Speaking of which..... Some bedtime listening. Sweet dreams everyone. 

1776192974_Screenshot_20230117_224146_PodcastAddict.thumb.jpg.c16ae209ca5a60ad71a1391e6687a5b6.jpg

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season