Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, toonotl said:

Fine! What do you think, Fish? Do you think Diego would say we should sign him or not?

I think he'd say we can ship you out on loan to the highlands league, ya bum.

• Haha 2

I think Schar has done really well this season. As well as having a good shot he’s an excellent passer who has thrived having quality defenders along side him. But I think he’s a bit susceptible to real pace running in the opposition’s inside left channel. Vardy caused him a few problems in that area in the short time he was on the pitch in the league cup tie. He’s good but I think he’ll get exposed against certain types of player 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Luke’s been told by his editor GET SOME TRANSFER STORIES YOU CAAAAANT

No thanks from the hierarchy now for CN* for putting out transfer rumours and failing to dampen expectations. Sad.

*See Wykiki for details. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/01/16/newcastle-close-in-on-e10m-deal-player-keen-and-personal-terms-being-discussed-report/

This 18 year old Fresnada lad off Real Valladolid, who'd be cover for Trippier, seems like it might be a goer. His agent is supposedly in London, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a quote from the Real Valladolid owner more or less saying he expects him to go. I can never remember which of these "in the know" twitter people are more or less full of shite or not, but old Jacques Talbot is reporting this. Not the most exciting transfer of course, but it makes the squad stronger. 

• Like 2

Loftus-Cheek is an interesting one. I think he'd thrive in this team but he is so injury prone not worth the gamble.

Gallagher would be a good signing.

Ziyech is quality but not sure he'd put the hard yards in for us. I'd pass on him. Would much rather take a chance on Politic. 24 years old  and if fit is top notch.

Edited by Holden McGroin

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

@Diego21what's the word bruv?

No, because I want him for Atleti (we need him more there). 🤣

Now seriously, I think that a footballer like Depay, on loan for six months, can never hurt the team. I think his profile here would be to play on the left as a substitute for Joelinton (for which Saint Maximin is already there) or to play on the right as a substitute for Almirón (And he would be much better than Fraser or Murphy).

At Barcelona they have been very unfair to him and he played quite well and was the only one who kept the team up until the new coach Xavi took over.

PS: For me it would not be strange that, seeing that Saint Maximin has lost his place in the XI (although perhaps, now, without Bruno, he can play and move Joelinton to the center), he wants to go out on loan for six months and then he would have It makes a lot of sense to try to bring in a major player like Depay.

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Well that dates you….and me tbf :D

Aye, I thought after I posted that it puts me firmly in the over 45 bracket. Which I am tbf, I’ll be turning 50 next year 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I thought after I posted that it puts me firmly in the over 45 bracket. Which I am tbf, I’ll be turning 50 next year 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Fucking whippersnapper

Aye, I was going to say no one’s as old as Toonpack 😀

• Haha 1

Anyway, two notes about Depay.

First of all, I can't find the 'original' news published by the newspaper in Spain anywhere.

Second, that newspaper is not that it has too much reliable information.

The third thing, Depay's departure (if he does), will surely be at the end of January, because Barcelona currently has Lewandowski and Ferran Torres sanctioned.

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye, I was going to say no one’s as old as Toonpack 😀

Don't be so sure, Robin Robin could run me close, but I'm not exactly sure how hobbit-years work

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season