Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

we're also going to need a coupe of extra players to have come through the academy so we may need to include dummet and a kid in that CL matchday squad 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

----------------Pope

Trippier---Schar---Botman---Tierney

-----------Rice-----Bruno

--Diaby------Maddison----Joelinton

---------------Isak 

Bench

Burn

Dubravka

Lascelles

Krafth

Targett

Longstaff

Willock
Anderson

Gordon

Miggy

Wilson

Ekitike

justin-timberlake-smh.gif

• Haha 1

Isak could play in any of the 4 most advanced positions too in that formation. With the advent of 5 subs having options to come off the bench is more important than ever. Not to mention European football next season putting a greater strain on the squad 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Isak could play in any of the 4 most advanced positions too in that formation. With the advent of 5 subs having options to come off the bench is more important than ever. Not to mention European football next season putting a greater strain on the squad 

it's why i think we might be in the market for another forward in the jao pedro/ekitke mould to provide cover for isak and wilson - young, relatively affordable, can cover most of the positions across the front line 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

justin-timberlake-smh.gif

forgive me. i'd like nothing more than for ASM to stay and prove his doubters wrong. for me it's less about his ability to adapt his game to fit howe's system  (he has shown promising signs in this regard) and more to do with the fact that he's always injured. plus we do need to think about FFP and we might get £30-40m for him

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’d ripped their hands off if anyone offered that tbh. You only need a modicum of objectivity to view his constantly picking up injuries as a major concern. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

we're also going to need a coupe of extra players to have come through the academy so we may need to include dummet and a kid in that CL matchday squad 

Lewis Miley?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Fingers crossed that Forest stay up then. :pray:

They'll stay up. Leicester and Leeds to go down, I reckon. 

Brighton are officially enemies of Football.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They'll stay up. Leicester and Leeds to go down, I reckon. 

Brighton are officially enemies of Football.

Can't see Southampton getting out of it so only one of the two you mention can go down, Everton are nailed on so someone assured us (unless they were WRONG !!!!).

• Haha 6

:lol: Then if we do sign Maddison he will scream on that he broke the news, despite it being one of the strongest links we’ve had for a year and that he was saying we’d spend nowt while we were literally bidding for Maddison. 

• Like 2

Well we've got a Fender playing at the stadium soon, we've had a Gibson writing in the Chronicle, a Martin in Radio Newcastle, a Darren or Peter Jackson so why not one of these:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

who the fuck is that cunt?

Attacking mid who can play a few different positions. He has six goals and four assists in 29 apps this season, 16 of those apps from the bench. I'd imagine he'd be squad player at most if we're actually interested given his age. 

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Attacking mid who can play a few different positions. He has six goals and four assists in 29 apps this season, 16 of those apps from the bench. I'd imagine he'd be squad player at most if we're actually interested given his age. 

i was on about the blue tick wanker who tweeted it 

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

who the fuck is that cunt?

:lol: I don’t know about you but I’m already excited at the prospect of signing all these players I’ve never heard of 

• Haha 9

As I've said before I'm probably more excited for Ashworth finding a hidden gem comparable to Mitoma, Mac Allister etc at Brighton than I am about us paying 40m+ on a player. Although if you listen to some Brighton fans they'll tell you that Ashworth had little to do with them bringing said players in, and it was down to the recommendations of their scouting network/head scout. I'd imagine that's mostly sour grapes and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. At the end of the day it was Ashworth who created said scouting network and who had to sign off on said recommendations. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 4

Apparently Guler will only cost 5m if he fails to play something like another 300 minutes of football this season. Fenerbahce have another 5 league games so he could easily exceed that stipulation and then his buy out clause goes up to 20m iirc. 

15 hours ago, Polarboy said:

As I've said before I'm probably more excited for Ashworth finding a hidden gem comparable to Mitoma, Mac Allister etc at Brighton than I am about us paying 40m+ on a player. Although if you listen to some Brighton fans they'll tell you that Ashworth had little to do with them bringing said players in, and it was down to the recommendations of their scouting network/head scout. I'd imagine that's mostly sour grapes and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. At the end of the day it was Ashworth who created said scouting network and who had to sign off on said recommendations. 

Exactly this, and given the number of new appointments we've made in the recruitment/development departments I'd have faith that we'll more closely follow a version of the Brighton model, rather than Chelsea or early Man City. 

At least 15 backroom appointments outside of coaches.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season