Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Dummett was the designated overage player in the academy next season. If he can stay fit for long enough

Spoiler GIF by Renata Paraiso

He can't.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got to think Forster would be good enough to be third choice at the very least. It’s certainly a better idea than bringing Mbabu or Armstrong back anyway

Forster is second choice at Spuds. Why would he come back? 

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Wouldn't Toney also tick that box?

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Toney will cost a fortune.

I think I read somewhere that Toney doesn’t qualify. Not sure if the exact criteria but it’s probably that the qualifying period was shared between ourselves and Northampton who we signed him from :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad

Listening to the radio tonight and a Leicester fan phones up. Talking about what players he expects to leave at the end of the season. He said he fully expects Maddison to sign for us 😎

I’d stick a 1 year contract in front of Kante with an option of a second.

I’ve somewhat changed my mind about Maddison and im in agreement about his fitness. I don’t think he has it in him. I’d prefer Harvey Barnes. Plus he is 6 foot.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’d stick a 1 year contract in front of Kante with an option of a second.

I’ve somewhat changed my mind about Maddison and im in agreement about his fitness. I don’t think he has it in him. I’d prefer Harvey Barnes. Plus he is 6 foot.

I'd like to see his running stats but he puts in more tackles and more interceptions that Miggy per 90. Though of course stats can be deceiving.

• Like 1

i'm starting to wonder whether maddison is the right fit too. he's obviously a class player, but is he an eddie howe player?

if we sign him then eddie obviously thinks he is, which is fine. but as far as i can tell there are two potential issues: 

- does he have the athleticism to execute the press? 

- can he play as well at CM or out wide or is he best suited to the number 10 role? if the latter, does that mean a change of system, or can he adapt to the way we play? 

watching the way odegard opened us up on sunday, i wouldn't mind if we tweaked the system to accommodate someone with maddison's vision. bruno is our only player with that maddison's vision but he tends to do most of his work 20 yards deeper 

Maddison is a touch of class imo. I think he works hard enough and would do well in one of the wide attacking roles with runners we have in midfield. I also think we’ll need more flexibility going forward.  Howe’s pretty much played the same system (just with changes in personnel at times) all season. Even when we played Sheff Wed away in the cup and made a few changes it was still using the tried and tested 4-3-3. I think recently the over reliance on Bruno (and Longstaff) means we’ll look to sign another ‘number 6’. Apart from allowing some rotation it means we’d be able to play 4-2-3-1 and Maddison would be great in that system, especially as a 10. Tl:dr - sign him and get Declan Rice while you’re at it 

• Like 5

We’ve previously had a bid for Maddison so I assume Eddie has a plan in mind. He’d certainly help with assists and goals but we might have to change system to accommodate as he is definitely best in a 10 role.

----------------Pope

Trippier---Schar---Botman---Tierney

-----------Rice-----Bruno

--Diaby------Maddison----Joelinton

---------------Isak 

Bench

Burn

Dubravka

Lascelles

Krafth

Targett

Longstaff