Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

To those Newcastle fans who are calling for Allan Saint-Maximin's departure, it's important to reflect on the value of loyalty. Saint-Maximin has been a dedicated player for the club, long before the influx of all this big money. During the era of darkness, he consistently entertained us with his magical performances, bringing excitement to the pitch and reminded as that light does still exist in this world. Let's not forget the loyalty he has demonstrated by staying committed to the club during challenging periods. Instead of pushing for his exit, let's show him the loyalty he deserves and appreciate the incredible entertainment he has provided us as a true Newcastle talent.

Now as for you, @wykikitoon,

No one wants to see a team full of 11 workhorses on the pitch. Like the late Johan Cruijf once said. 

"Results without beauty is boring."

Every team needs an artist, and in his holiness, Allan SAINT Maximin, we have our artist.

giphy.gif

In the vast canvas of football, Allan Saint-Maximin is a captivating painting, each brushstroke revealing his exquisite skills and electrifying style.

With a palette of talent at his disposal, he paints a portrait of brilliance on the field.    football-sport.gif

His brush dances with finesse and flair, capturing the essence of speed. The vivid hues of his lightning-fast pace streak across the canvas, leaving opponents in his wake. Like a gust of wind, he surges forward, weaving effortlessly through the chaos, displaying a mastery of dribbling that mesmerizes spectators. His every touch of the ball is a delicate stroke, an expression of his artistic control.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

With another deft flick of his brush, Saint-Maximin adds the element of unpredictability to his masterpiece.

RewardingAllGoldfish-size_restricted.gifHe possesses a repertoire of tricks and feints that are as alluring as they are effective. His body becomes an extension of his artistry, as he spins and turns, leaving defenders bewildered and searching for answers. Like a magician, he conjures opportunities out of thin air, creating space where there was none.

The intensity of his brushstrokes reflects his boundless energy and relentless work rate. Saint-Maximin is a tireless presence on the field, always tracking back to defend and providing support for his teammates. His commitment and determination shine through, adding depth to his painting, as he embodies the spirit of a true competitor.

In this grand artwork, Allan Saint-Maximin's skills are a

tapestry of grace, power, and brilliance. saucelessss-soheb.gif

His painting is a celebration of the beautiful game, a testament to the artistry and skill that defines football at its finest

blackadder-rowan-atkinson.gif

• Haha 14

15 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

To those Newcastle fans who are calling for Allan Saint-Maximin's departure, it's important to reflect on the value of loyalty. Saint-Maximin has been a dedicated player for the club, long before the influx of all this big money. During the era of darkness, he consistently entertained us with his magical performances, bringing excitement to the pitch and reminded as that light does still exist in this world. Let's not forget the loyalty he has demonstrated by staying committed to the club during challenging periods. Instead of pushing for his exit, let's show him the loyalty he deserves and appreciate the incredible entertainment he has provided us as a true Newcastle talent.

Now as for you, @wykikitoon,

No one wants to see a team full of 11 workhorses on the pitch. Like the late Johan Cruijf once said. 

"Results without beauty is boring."

Every team needs an artist, and in his holiness, Allan SAINT Maximin, we have our artist.

giphy.gif

In the vast canvas of football, Allan Saint-Maximin is a captivating painting, each brushstroke revealing his exquisite skills and electrifying style.

With a palette of talent at his disposal, he paints a portrait of brilliance on the field.    football-sport.gif

His brush dances with finesse and flair, capturing the essence of speed. The vivid hues of his lightning-fast pace streak across the canvas, leaving opponents in his wake. Like a gust of wind, he surges forward, weaving effortlessly through the chaos, displaying a mastery of dribbling that mesmerizes spectators. His every touch of the ball is a delicate stroke, an expression of his artistic control.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

With another deft flick of his brush, Saint-Maximin adds the element of unpredictability to his masterpiece.

RewardingAllGoldfish-size_restricted.gifHe possesses a repertoire of tricks and feints that are as alluring as they are effective. His body becomes an extension of his artistry, as he spins and turns, leaving defenders bewildered and searching for answers. Like a magician, he conjures opportunities out of thin air, creating space where there was none.

The intensity of his brushstrokes reflects his boundless energy and relentless work rate. Saint-Maximin is a tireless presence on the field, always tracking back to defend and providing support for his teammates. His commitment and determination shine through, adding depth to his painting, as he embodies the spirit of a true competitor.

In this grand artwork, Allan Saint-Maximin's skills are a

tapestry of grace, power, and brilliance. saucelessss-soheb.gif

His painting is a celebration of the beautiful game, a testament to the artistry and skill that defines football at its finest

Conveniently missed out the rest of what Cruyff said 👍🏻

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Looking at the line up for last night's game, assuming that the BBC line up is accurate given I didn't watch the game live, Frattesi played right side of midfield which is where Barella usually plays for Inter. Regardless I think it's probably safe to say they can play in the same team, but also both operate as an 8 in that right side of midfield. Having looked Fratessi does generally play left in the midfield three for Sassuolo, but he's right footed so again I see no reason why he couldn't take Barella's position at Inter. Anyway it's mere speculation at this stage, but I don't think it's out of the realms of possibilty that Fratessi will be Barella's replacement. It seems clear, as you mentioned, that they need to sell to buy. Whether they'll flog Barella who's probably their most salable asset is the question. 

I speak in terms of conditions. Yesterday Fratessi played on the right, and Barella on the left, yes.

But they are different players. Barella is more consistent with the ball, much more combinative, he plays short and long. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up playing in the '5' position in Italy. We could compare Barella with Bruno, for example.

Instead Frattesi is different. He is a round trip player, much more physical, he recovers more balls, he reaches the area. He is another style of player.

Of course they are complementary and that Frattesi could go to Inter and play on that right side, but it would not be the same style.

It's like us... We wouldn't play the same game playing with Bruno as '5' as playing with Hayden. And both have played there on the team for years.

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Maxi skinning the grass and nobody else v Palace.

saucelessss-soheb.gif.3c8c271c948738bb26790cca5630d51c.gif

Chris Waddle, nearing the end of his career, skinning Ryan Giggs.

chris-waddle.gif

Do you not not notice the CP defender cowardly crawl away? Probably thinking to himself "Nope nope nope nope, dont want any part of that"

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

I like Maxi but I wonder if there'll be room for him in our team especially when he's an obvious asset to sell for more priority positions? Plus he has you pulling your hair out in frustration at times. As I'm older than 20 he'd be nowhere near any of my favourite NUFC players of all time, not even close and I acknowledge he's shit hot 'on his day'. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

TBF, if teams are going to come at us in the Champions League, he could be very useful in that space 

agree. i'd keep him, unless FFP means we have to sell one or two to buy the top players we need 

• Like 1

ASM was a ray of light at a shit time in the club.  But recently his injuries are too many, probably because his body isn't used to working hard and he doesn't IMO suit the style of play that Howe has us playing.  He was showing signs of his game changing and him changing but nah, I just don't he's for us.

BILD in Germany are saying that Bayern are willing to sell Mane for 27.5m and that Mane would be open to joining us. Although it does also say that Mane would be happy to stay at Bayern. Given that he allegedly punched Sane he mightn't have much choice depending on if the matter was fully resolved. I mean you'd take him give his experience in the CL, the goals he brings, etc, and he's recently turned 31 so he probably has at least a couple of years of elite football left in him. The problem you'd assume would be the wages given he's near the end of his career. Plus we've been told that Howe sees Gordon as an important part of next season's team, so it begs the question where he fits in if we bought Mane. 

Edited by Polarboy

If he can recapture his Liverpool form for us then he'd be a bargain at that price with the added bonus of it pissing off the bin dippers. Believe it when I see it though.

Aye, not really any interest in players that have had the peak of their careers as they tend to lack the desire. Trippier was an exception due to his desire to be home. 

22 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

In fairness smacking a teammate could be reason enough. He still managed 12 goals and 6 assists in 38 games last season. 

That's what I was alluding to.  Not the fact he's getting on a bit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That's what I was alluding to.  Not the fact he's getting on a bit.

Sane is pretty punchable though. Always gave off vibes of I am elite at Citeh without seemingly wanting to put the actual graft in to compliment his undoubted talent. Perhaps he's changed since he went to Bayern. 

• Haha 2

Inter have supposedly slapped an 85m price tag on Barella. If we were looking at 50m as an opening price and they are looking for 85m, then there's likely a compromise of somewhere around the 65, 70m mark, with perhaps some performance related bonus' added on top take it closer to 85m. If the 85M figure actually came from a legitimate source from Inter, then the very fact that they are putting a figure out there instead of just flat out saying he's not for sale, as we've pretty much done with Bruno, tells you that they are willing to sell and negotiate a price. 

Edited by Polarboy

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season