Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This will almost certainly be the end of ASM if it happens.

Good, it’s about time people stopped paying so much attention to a player who averages 3 goals and 4 assists a season. The amount of discussion and support he gets far outweighs his worth to the team. If we could get money for him and Almiron and replaced them with Diaby and Barnes that would be a phenomenal window. 

• Like 5
  • Jaysus... 1

Chicken nonce and the Telegraph were well off the mark with the Barella stuff, which if you believe The Athletic was intentional on the clubs part, so we'll see what happens. I'm liking the thought of Barnes on the left and someone like a Chiesa or Diaby on the right though. A lot of goals down both flanks. Having said that it could be that Howe intends to play Gordon down the right and Barnes will be the one big first 11 signing on the wings. 

• Like 1

Just now, Polarboy said:

Chicken nonce and the Telegraph were well off the mark with the Barella stuff, which if you believe The Athletic was intentional on the clubs part, so we'll see what happens. I'm liking the thought of Barnes on the left and someone like a Chiesa or Diaby on the right though. A lot of goals down both flanks. Having said that it could be that Howe intends to play Gordon down the right and Barnes will be the one big first 11 signing on the wings. 

The article shows it’s a lot further away from being a certainty than the headline. It basically says they expect us to bid and the bid will be within a negotiable range and acceptance would be likely. It’s possible that it was leaked from the Leicester side, or of course that it’s a load of bollocks like you say. I think they were the first to report the Botman bid even though that one was more of a beat other reporters to the punch than a true exclusive. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Look at Ashworth absolutely buzzing here. This is a man enjoying his job.

I love The Kieron as much as the next absolutely 100% heterosexual man, but you’d think he’d have got changed out of his jimmy jams before tapping up the new lads Mrs. 

• Haha 6

If this happens it's got to mean Maxi is on his way out. 

We've got Maxi, Gordon, Joelinton and Isak who can play wide left. Don't need to be dropping £35mil on a 5th LW. Not when our back up defenders are Lascelles, Krafth and Targett

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Would people say Barnes is a bit underrated? And I'm not just saying that because he might be signing 😂 I've seen people on twitter act underwhelmed and or say that ASM is a better player, which is ridiculous even if you just look at their goal involvement stats in their careers. With Maddison at Leicester I think he was a bit in his shadow, but clearly Barnes is the better player now that "Madders" is off to Spuds 😉 👍

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Would people say Barnes is a bit underrated? And I'm not just saying that because he might be signing 😂 I've seen people on twitter act underwhelmed and or say that ASM is a better player, which is ridiculous even if you just look at their goal involvement stats in their careers. With Maddison at Leicester I think he was a bit in his shadow, but clearly Barnes is the better player now that "Madders" is off to Spuds 😉 👍

I think regardless of who was the better between them at Leicester, once he’s been Eddied he’ll be on a different level. 

Can’t wait. 
200w.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Barnes would be a great signing, definite upgrade over ASM and Miggy. Would also then free us up to sell those two, get a quality LB in, then a CB apprentice to Schar and hopefully a promising forward to backup and takeover from Wilson.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think regardless of who was the better between them at Leicester, once he’s been Eddied he’ll be on a different level. 

Can’t wait. 
200w.gif

Well I wasn't being entirely serious, they're different players in different positions obviously, but I do think he can potentially score and create more goals than Maddison, after Howe gets his hands on him for a while as you say. Again though, given it's the Telegraph we should probably postpone the hand lotion somewhat.

Edit. Romano has picked it up? Interesting. If I recall correctly he wasn't fooled by the Barella stuff. 

Edited by Polarboy

52 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He has certainly suffered from living in Maddison’s shadow but I think he’s equally as good and is more of an Eddie Howe player*.

*This opinion was formed five minutes ago on the realisation that we’re signing him.

• Haha 6

He would fit much better into our team than Maddison. Athletic and tall. Scores goals. Big upgrade.

There is talk of bonucci signing. Not sure where that has come from. Seems so left-field.

We could do with some another Italian to settle Sandro tbf.

Sell ASM and Almiron, buy Chiesa and Barnes. Job done

I suspect Almiron isn't on Howe's "out list" atm though. We still need to get shot of Hendrick, Hayden, Darlow, Lewis, Fraser and Manquillo 

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Seems like the Guardian are just regurgitating what the Telegraph said, but you'd assume that they would check their sources as well before putting something out. Once all the major papers start saying the same things it's a pretty decent sign.  

• Like 2

£35m would be a great deal for Barnes tbh. He’s hard working, direct, rapid, and strong, has a good eye for goal and excels in quick passing moves to beat his markers which aligns with how we play. I agree with those saying Maddison would have been more exciting but Barnes is the better fit.

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Our front three are going to be ridiculously quick regardless of who takes the right wing slot. Gordon if he's played on the right is ridiculously quick, Almiron, even Murphy has decent pace, and then the exciting options of either Chiesa or Diaby. 

Edited by Polarboy

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I would like to retract any previous smokescreen comments and welcome Harvey Moonface to the fold

I think you'll find that his full name if Harvey Norman Moonpig.com.

ANYONE WHO THINKS SELLING ASM IS A GOOD IDEA NEEDS THEIR HEAD CHECKED AND PROMPTLY REPORT THEMSELVES TO THE NEAREST PSYCHIATRIC WARD.

I cant believe theirs so many people absolutely clueless about football here

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season