Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Would anyone take Kalvin Philips?

Recently he has looked absolute pony.  But I think at the right price and under Wor Eddie he could do a job for us.  It would free up Bruno to move further up.  This isn't anything on Pep, I just don't think Philips suits City's way of playing.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Recently he has looked absolute pony.  But I think at the right price and under Wor Eddie he could do a job for us.  It would free up Bruno to move further up.  This isn't anything on Pep, I just don't think Philips suits City's way of playing.

If memory serves me correctly he didn’t play much in his last season with Leeds due to injury. That’s a long time without regular football.

I like(d) him but I’m 50/50 on whether to sign him. If our aim is to get to the next level we need an elite 6 that will help us keep possession. I’m not sure he can do that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If memory serves me correctly he didn’t play much in his last season with Leeds due to injury. That’s a long time without regular football.

I like(d) him but I’m 50/50 on whether to sign him. If our aim is to get to the next level we need an elite 6 that will help us keep possession. I’m not sure he can do that. 

Yeh and with his injury record it would be a big risk

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Replacement for Tonali? 😬

18 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Maybe an initial loan with option to buy is the way forward. He is also 28 in a couple of months so won’t have much resale value . 

Should get him at a discount given how little he’s played and his age - 25-30m?

I think the issue with Phillips is, if he’s coming in January, how long will it take for him to get up to speed? Gordon was playing regularly and it still took him a good amount of time to get going. You could be looking at a good few months before Phillips is even ready to contribute at his best

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

In fairness if Pep can't get a tune out of him then I doubt Howe could either. I think his latest load of injuries have affected him to a point where he can't play at the level he used to. Once upon a time I'd have snapped their hands off for him but I think those days are done.

4 hours ago, Dazzler said:

In fairness if Pep can't get a tune out of him then I doubt Howe could either. I think his latest load of injuries have affected him to a point where he can't play at the level he used to. Once upon a time I'd have snapped their hands off for him but I think those days are done.

I dunno, I think Phillips' biggest problem has been lack of game time. 

• Like 2

Really does look a shite summer transfer window now with Tonali on the verge of being out long term. I wonder how much FFP wriggle room we have for January to try and retain the CL spot.

Time to announce official toilet paper, monkey wrench and butter knife partners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Really does look a shite summer transfer window now with Tonali on the verge of being out long term. I wonder how much FFP wriggle room we have for January to try and retain the CL spot.

Time to announce official toilet paper, monkey wrench and butter knife partners. 

We are basically playing with the same players as last season with a bit more cover. Tonali doesn’t get in the starting eleven for me when everyone is fully fit. He would have been extremely handy to have around the team though. Especially in CL.

• Like 2

I don't agree at all that it's been a shite transfer window. Buying someone that breaks their fucking foot doesn't make them a bad signing. :lol:

Nor does investing in the future with Hall and Livramento (who looks class from what we've seen).

Even Tonali wasn't a mistake when we signed him.

So fucking zip it, daft cunts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't agree at all that it's been a shite transfer window. Buying someone that breaks their fucking foot doesn't make them a bad signing. :lol:

Nor does investing in the future with Hall and Livramento (who looks class from what we've seen).

Even Tonali wasn't a mistake when we signed him.

So fucking zip it, daft cunts.

This is in hidnsight of course, I thought it was a 8/10 when the window shut :lol: 

It's looking a bit pale right now and it could well prove to be in the context of this season, but it was obviously done with the long term plan in mind. 

Which is what we'll have to remind ourselves off when Miggy's right foot is driving everyone insanse again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

This is in hidnsight of course, I thought it was a 8/10 when the window shut :lol: 

It's looking a bit pale right now and it could well prove to be in the context of this season, but it was obviously done with the long term plan in mind. 

Which is what we'll have to remind ourselves off when Miggy's right foot is driving everyone insanse again tomorrow. 

tbh, I’d prefer willock or Joelinton back in cm insteas of Tonali right now anyway.  Tonali will come good for us eventually. It’s like when Gordon signed. He was a bit underwhelming at first but look at how much he has improved after working with Howe and his staff for 9 months.

Tonali has still got the best part of five years on his contract. The club needs to protect him, look after him keep him up to speed in the training ground and he’ll be like your proverbial new signing next season. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tbh, I’d prefer willock or Joelinton back in cm insteas of Tonali right now anyway.  Tonali will come good for us eventually. It’s like when Gordon signed. He was a bit underwhelming at first but look at how much he has improved after working with Howe and his staff for 9 months.

Tonali has still got the best part of five years on his contract. The club needs to protect him, look after him keep him up to speed in the training ground and he’ll be like your proverbial new signing next season. 

Well, Toenail will soon have about a year on the training ground to get prepared.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Well, Toenail will soon have about a year on the training ground to get prepared.

Actually he’ll be banned from the training ground for the vast majority of his suspension.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season