I have no idea what im looking at BOOMER

It’s your phone 👍🏻

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

A £7m loan fee sounds expensive.

It’s definitely fucking expensive if there’s an obligation to buy too

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

They would make an example of us. We have seen how the ”big“ ones react to feel threatened. Us committing even the tiniest infringement of FFP would see us thrown a whole library at us. Us working our way up by sticking to the rules will be the biggest insult.

they could do it by bending the rules though. An extra £50m from Sela to call SJP Sella St James’ or something. And go and raid the Saudi pro league. They couldn’t change the rules to stop us doing that 

I should add I do agree it would be more satisfying if we beat them playing by their rules but we’re fighting on several fronts. New spending rules designed specifically to slow us, FFP protectionism designed to protect the “big six”, the European coefficients which does the same, the bent VAR, refs and media which does everything it can to protect the box office clubs with the fans all over the world. I’m not even suggesting breaking the rules btw. But we can definitely be cannier than we have

been so far 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

FFP does nothing but protect the positions at the top of the table. 

Manchester United have a sponsor for their food vendors etc. Don't they?

I think we need to be far pettier than adding to the St James' Park. I cannot see why we cannot have the Sela stairway. A Noon concord with a yellow floor. Saudi Airways floodlights. We could get someone to sponsor those stools that the ball boys sit on. There are loads of them as well. Aramaco could sponsor the tunnel. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they could do it by bending the rules though. An extra £50m from Sela to call SJP Sella St James’ or something. And go and raid the Saudi pro league. They couldn’t change the rules to stop us doing that 

They would because it would change the terms they agreed would be fair value (for them not for us).

We are in no position to bend the rules. But I will not call it being unfortunate because the joy of us shoving their attempts to keep us small into their face by working our way up will be really worth it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

A £7m loan fee sounds expensive.

Teams that loan out a player usually ask for a loan fee, which is what they have to pay per year for that player (amortization).

I explain.

The amortization is calculated by dividing the transfer price by the number of years that have been signed. Kalvin cost 42M and signed for 6 seasons, so 42/6 is equal to 7M.

City must register, per year, to pay for Kalvin, 7M + his annual salary.

It is normal for City to ask that price for him. Surely, now in winter, the rate will be half or a little less. Close to 3M.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

Teams that loan out a player usually ask for a loan fee, which is what they have to pay per year for that player (amortization).

I explain.

The amortization is calculated by dividing the transfer price by the number of years that have been signed. Kalvin cost 42M and signed for 6 seasons, so 42/6 is equal to 7M.

It is normal for City to ask that price for him. Surely, now in winter, the rate will be half or a little less. Close to 3M.

I have never thought about that. It makes so much sense. Every day, you learn something new. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I explain.

That’s exactly my point. £7m for a player who could play in a maximum of 17 league games for us if we signed him today is too high, especially when we don’t know how long it will take him to get to full fitness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

18 mil ?

What do you think Diego? 

As I said at the time, I haven't seen much of the player. Although the few times I have seen him, I have liked him (generally they have been U20 tournaments, where he made the difference more).

He seems cheap to me for the prices paid today, especially if we take into account that he is considered the 3rd best young forward in Brazil after Endrick and Vitor Roque (for whom €70 and €60M have been paid).

I think that if we have the money (although we couldn't register him this winter due to the FFP but we were thinking about next year) and that if the club was convinced of him, for that price we should have signed him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

That’s exactly my point. £7m for a player who could play in a maximum of 17 league games for us if we signed him today is too high, especially when we don’t know how long it will take him to get to full fitness.

But Ewerk, I think the 7m loan was in summer, isn't it?

I mean, I guess City ask 3'5n now in winter.

PS; Surely, the most difficult thing to accept would be that City wants us to pay almost their entire fee, which must be very high.

32 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

They would because it would change the terms they agreed would be fair value (for them not for us).

We are in no position to bend the rules. But I will not call it being unfortunate because the joy of us shoving their attempts to keep us small into their face by working our way up will be really worth it.

we’ve only done the shirt sponsor and kit supplier and a few minor deals so far though. There are stadium naming rights, training ground sponsors, all sorts of ways to funnel extra revenue in. Other clubs do it. Why can’t we? And why not get two of the best from the Saudi league? I think we’ve played it very very safe so far. The “big six” don’t own the league and cracks formed recently when the vote on feeder clubs didn’t go through.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we’ve only done the shirt sponsor and kit supplier and a few minor deals so far though. There are stadium naming rights, training ground sponsors, all sorts of ways to funnel extra revenue in. Other clubs do it. Why can’t we? And why not get two of the best from the Saudi league? I think we’ve played it very very safe so far. The “big six” don’t own the league and cracks formed recently when the vote on feeder clubs didn’t go through.

Yes, but you were suggesting getting extra money from Sela who already are the shirt sponsor. The regulations certainly aren’t fair and we should look (and I am certain the owners do) how to bend them as far as possible. But becoming unreasonable would see us getting into serious bother  not being worth it.

I see people are getting unhappy how things worked out in recent weeks but we shouldn’t lower ourselves to a level where we are just blindly looking for success whatever the costs.

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

But Ewerk, I think the 7m loan was in summer, isn't it?

I mean, I guess City ask 3'5n now in winter.

PS; Surely, the most difficult thing to accept would be that City wants us to pay almost their entire fee, which must be very high.

The £7m fee is reported as being as being what they wanted just before Christmas so it won’t have halved since then.

And while amortisation is a factor there’s no point in having a player in your squad who isn’t playing and is too expensive for anyone to loan. Plus he’s bound to be costing them at least £7m a year in wages.

44 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Yes, but you were suggesting getting extra money from Sela who already are the shirt sponsor. The regulations certainly aren’t fair and we should look (and I am certain the owners do) how to bend them as far as possible. But becoming unreasonable would see us getting into serious bother  not being worth it.

I see people are getting unhappy how things worked out in recent weeks but we shouldn’t lower ourselves to a level where we are just blindly looking for success whatever the costs.

I guess I’m not that principled. Other clubs appear to be able to take the piss and avoid punishment. So far we have toed the line. I think we could get away with pushing it more than we have so far. More money from Sela - or another Saudi company - for the naming rights seems like low hanging fruit. 

I'm all for sponsoring the fuck out of everything, all the stands separately along with the ground and the training ground and the toilets, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see a couple of signings flying completely under the radar. That's what's happened every other transfer window

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm all for sponsoring the fuck out of everything, all the stands separately along with the ground and the training ground and the toilets, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see a couple of signings flying completely under the radar. That's what's happened every other transfer window

orrrr….we might not just sign anyone at all.

Everton were getting £12m a year for Usmanov for sponsoring their training ground and £30m for ‘naming rights’ for the new ground. We could definitely be a bit more creative than we are being.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Everton were getting £12m a year for Usmanov for sponsoring their training ground and £30m for ‘naming rights’ for the new ground. We could definitely be a bit more creative than we are being.

PIF own/control some of the most complex entities on the planet. There's probably a bunch of long term financial models and business plans that will have been put in place for NUFC right down to 5-10 year cashflow projections.

My guess is there's a particular point in time the management feel certain things have to be put in place to get the maximum benefit out of them, perhaps aligned withg the stage of progress/evolution the club is in. 

I could be wrong, but something like that seems more likely to me than them simply not knowing how or being able to immediately raise all revenue streams when every other club is doing it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm getting a bit bored of the club pretending to be mr nice guy to the established elite. i want to see a big fuck you statement to the european super league wankers. announce some absurd stadium naming rights deal to help finance a january splurge then raid the saudi pro league. fuck em. 

So what youre saying is... lets drop the bag on Kylian Mbappe

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

The £7m fee is reported as being as being what they wanted just before Christmas so it won’t have halved since then.

And while amortisation is a factor there’s no point in having a player in your squad who isn’t playing and is too expensive for anyone to loan. Plus he’s bound to be costing them at least £7m a year in wages.

I had misunderstood.

Definitely, for that price we should try to look at other options.

Thank you

Edited by Diego21
  • Haha 1

The fair market value only applies to related parties. So I wonder if there’s any scope for favours being called in. Maybe a £100m stadium sponsorship deal with the Yemeni tourist board. 

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

The fair market value only applies to related parties. So I wonder if there’s any scope for favours being called in. Maybe a £100m stadium sponsorship deal with the Yemeni tourist board. 

There's only the one street in Yemen

season 4 friends GIF

• Haha 5

Incredible how nobs come out of the woodwork during transfer windows. Sean Casey will be along shortly with his "as I said" bullshit.

• Haha 1