Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

23 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I desperately don't want us to sign Solanke, the figures being quoted for him are a joke. Hes 26 and this is the first time hes managed double figures in the premier league.

He only got 6 in 32 starts last season.

Hes a 50 million pound dwight gayle.

Wilson and Solanke have almost identical records at Bournemouth.

Surrounding Wilson with better players got him 18 goals in 31 games last year. His issue is he can't stay fit. 

Solanke has only missed 9 games through injury in the last 4 seasons.

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wilson and Solanke have almost identical records at Bournemouth.

Surrounding Wilson with better players got him 18 goals in 31 games last year. His issue is he can't stay fit. 

Solanke has only missed 9 games through injury in the last 4 seasons.

And if we were going to pay 18 million for Solanke I'd be fine with it.

Finding great value isn't easy but we shouldn't be paying more for this lad than we did any of Bruno, Botman or Gordon who are all younger and better than he is.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I can’t see either Bournemouth or Forest selling important players in mid season tbh.

Forest have financial issues haven't they?  Could be a factor

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Forest have financial issues haven't they?  Could be a factor

Relating to previous seasons. Going down would rather increase their financial issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gibbs-White would be great but they’re going to want £40-50m for him. 

Possibly more unless they really need to sel. His fee to Wolves had a lot of clauses with a high total price of £40m+ and likely a sell on clause too.

Really hope we are selling Almiron. We have Murphy and Barnes both back soon so I don’t think we need a replacement immediately, we could hold off until summer and make sure this year was strong profit FFP wise. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Really hope we are selling Almiron. We have Murphy and Barnes both back soon so I don’t think we need a replacement immediately, we could hold off until summer and make sure this year was strong profit FFP wise. 

Agreed, long term but who are we going to play on the right v Fulham ? Big game to get a cup run going.

It sounds like Kalvin Philips is close to joining West Ham but the £7m loan fee is the sticking point. Hopefully we don't lose out on this one.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It sounds like Kalvin Philips is close to joining West Ham but the £7m loan fee is the sticking point. Hopefully we don't lose out on this one.

They'll still be spending the Rice money

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I can’t see either Bournemouth or Forest selling important players in mid season tbh.

Ah but Forest owe us, seeing we palmed off reluctantly let go of Wood and Shelvey to help our their cause.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Agreed, long term but who are we going to play on the right v Fulham ? Big game to get a cup run going.

Probably Livramento, not ideal but it’s too good an opportunity to shift Almiron provided they give us the money we want. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

If we sold Wilson and Isak got injured we’d be in relegation trouble. In fact, if bruno got injured and we have no replacements we’d likely be in bother as well.

Point Load GIF by GreenPark Sports

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Probably Livramento, not ideal but it’s too good an opportunity to shift Almiron provided they give us the money we want. 

I can only assume we do have someone lined up. Otherwise we could just wait until summer (July 1st is deadline) to sell him. 

7 mill to get them into Europa? Will 5/6 /7 in premier league pay for that? Or are they banking on 5th being CL? … who are they dropping so he can play regular? Paqueta?  Ward Prowse? :lol: 

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

7 mill to get them into Europa? Will 5/6 /7 in premier league pay for that? Or are they banking on 5th being CL? … who are they dropping so he can play regular? Paqueta?  Ward Prowse? :lol: 

Probably knowing they're gonna lose Paqueta to City next season.

• Like 1