Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Even if we struggle to get a forward in, I think we can all see why that is the case, we're chasing good players the markets pricing is all over the gaff as some players are still moving for the insane prices of pre-covid and then some are shifting for far less than you'd expect.

The quotes of 50 million for Isak, or raphinha or diaby when Haaland moved for 70 (I know there were other fees but there would be for the others too) are nonsense.

I'd love us to get one more in but if we don't I'm ok with it, we've totally rebuilt our defence after years of neglect and our midfield structure has totally changed too (albeit with only one incoming player) thats not going for two windows.

Haaland had a clause in his contract that he could leave for the amount that Citeh paid for him iirc. I think the clause was once he hit a certain age his transfer fee had a specific limit. 

17 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Haaland had a clause in his contract that he could leave for the amount that Citeh paid for him iirc. I think the clause was once he hit a certain age his transfer fee had a specific limit. 

I know, it doesn't really change the point of what I said though.

It's almost more remarkable that that deal was signed just prior to covid hitting and wiping a lot of money out of the game. 6 months prior to that Atletico signed Joao Felix for over 100 million and Griezmann went to Barca for about the same.

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol:

the cunts should be pissing off the mackems and the rest of the football world by lavishing all their money on us rather than upsetting tiger woods and some golf loving morons at st andrews. simple as that.

it’s coming baby 😎

• Haha 2

As I was saying the other day Paqueta has filled in at CF on a number of occasions. It's fair to say that attacking midfield is definitely where he appears most comfortable, but if it's the case of either getting him now or missing out, it might be something to consider if we can't get the quality we're after with the right profile, in terms of a player who's almost equally as comfortable playing wide as they are at CF. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is this Alfonso bloke to be trusted like?  

Its not his report, hes passing on whats reported in the article he linked which is by Tom Parsons in the express.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is this Alfonso bloke to be trusted like?  

Not sure tbh but the article doesn’t really say what his tweet implies, it’s more just the opinion of the writer sadly:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1638861/Arsenal-Lucas-Paqueta-heartbreak-Newcastle-transfer-edge-Premier-League-transfer-news

The bit he’s based his tweet off looks to be this:

“”Milan thought of everything and I believe that means a lot,” he said. “The career plan is very important in the life of a player leaving Brazil.”

Paqueta is clearly focused on maximising his potential and taking his game to the next level. And that means he could prefer a move to Newcastle rather than Arsenal. “

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

falling by the wayside a bit aren't they?

a striker and right winger have been far more a priority than botman. man city and tottenham aside I'd far rather have gone in to this season with the defence we finished the last one with than go in to a new one relying on wood, almiron and fraser to get us some goals.

spend some fucking money you tight fisted saudi cunts.

6 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol:

the cunts should be pissing off the mackems and the rest of the football world by lavishing all their money on us rather than upsetting tiger woods and some golf loving morons at st andrews. simple as that.

And he's back with a vengeance 

fire flames GIF by Empire FOX

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Diego says:

Alfonso Leocardio is an interesting case. He was a was a promising youth player but he had a fallout with one of the head trainers at the time that saw his career fail to develop. That trainer went on to be Unai Emery and since then Leocardio has had a strained relationship with some of Spain's most influentual footballing personalities. But that is just a part of his story because he is also has a very close relationship with a number of Italian clubs through family. He was seen as one of the best journalists for a period in Italy but then posted about his chicken dinner that he paired with an incorrect wine so has slipped down the order, but he is very highly motivated to re-prove himself at the highest level.

Diego'd your post.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Manquillo is wanted by several clubs in Spain and is apparently in Spain recovering from an injury.

I like Manquillo as he's reasonable at getting forward but if there's interest I reckon he'll be sold. Krafth is more versatile and is favoured by Howe and with Lewis returned from injury Howe might fancy giving him a spot in the 25 instead.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, OTF said:

I like Manquillo as he's reasonable at getting forward but if there's interest I reckon he'll be sold. Krafth is more versatile and is favoured by Howe and with Lewis returned from injury Howe might fancy giving him a spot in the 25 instead.

It’s been an unbelievable turnaround by Krafth. Manquillo looked a much better option just a few months ago.

I’d still be happy to keep him as a squad player. He offers decent cover for both full back positions and has never let us down 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season