Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Was Wood a blip?  We took him off a relegation rival and he contributed to our survival over a period of games where we were unbeaten?  Yes his goal scoring wasn't the biggest contribution, but his work rate and defending surly helped us out.

yeah, maybe not given his contribution to the unbeaten run but when you look at the other names who have joined since the takeover he kind of sticks out 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Was Wood a blip?  We took him off a relegation rival and he contributed to our survival over a period of games where we were unbeaten?  Yes his goal scoring wasn't the biggest contribution, but his work rate and defending surly helped us out.

Agree with this. I think we knew exactly what we were doing with the signing of Wood.

• Like 2

Info: Newcastle are interested in signing Iván Rakitic. The English club would be willing to offer approximately 10 M € + variables. Thomas Delaney also has offers. Diego, do you magic please. Rakitic was obviously some player in his day, but is 34 now, so the question is could he perform for a season or two for us at a sufficiently high level. Assuming of course that there is anything in this. 

6 minutes ago, tinofbeans said:

Rakitic is about 5 years past his best. Nah. 

focus on younger and hungrier players…. 

There's also a rumour we're thinking about making a late bid of 15-20m for a 21 year old Danish midfielder off Celtic called Matt O’Riley. Don't watch much Scottish football myself, so I can't comment on his quality or lack there of. 

Edited by Polarboy

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There's a pro cyclist called Chris Juul-Jensen. Danish father, Irish mother.  Born in Denmark, races for Denmark.  But when he speaks he sounds like he's from the motherland :lol: 

Christian Vieri moved to Australia when he was a little kid and lived there for about 10 years I think. As he got older when he spoke English it was more and more with an Italian accent. But I can remember the odd interview from when first broke onto the scene and it was really bizarre as he had a proper Aussie accent. Liked it had been dubbed or something :lol: 

• Haha 2

The Knight Rider reckons the Pedro deal isn't dead yet. How much of that is guess work from him or actual intel is debatable. As I've said if that tweet about Watford trying to mess us about over the price is true, then I can see Watford blinking first come the end of the window for the offer on the table. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season