Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

35 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

We need to be buying Brighton's replacements before Brighton buy them. He'll be worth £150mil in 6 months! 

Chelea buying Olise too ffs. They've just got shot of all their shite, and are now spending £200+mil on players worth less than half that 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I had to double check this stat, but it's real :lol:

If Chelsea sign Lavia, they will have spent over €1,000,000,000 on signings since last Summer 🤯

Christ on a bike is that with or without wages/bonuses etc??

I thought the supposed Nixon story might have been made up given his social media news feed seems to be behind a paywall on Patreon, but Hope has chimed in as well. It would be funny if the Nixon thing is fake and Hope got fooled as well. If we are running low on transfer funds, and can pull off the Hall move for a loan with an obligation it will be deal of the summer. And to top it off Hall and his family are supposedly Newcastle fans. As I said before, Livramento and Hall would be our full back positions, and the English national team for that matter, covered for the next decade or more. Not that I give a fuck about the England national team 😉👍 Having said all that, it's probably best not to get too excited given it did seem all but certain that he was going on loan to Palace, I think there's even a picture of him doing some club media photos in full kit. But perhaps Nkunku getting injured has prompted them to buy another attacker, and they need the assurance of a transfer fee coming their way, even if it's delayed by a year. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

Who knows how true that is, but I can see the logic. 

They've got Chilwell and Cucurella. Depends on how highly Poch rates them for now, but chances of Hall playing regularly are low. A 3M loan plus 25M buy clause deal could tempt them. He's got potential no doubt, but is still a largely untested, very young player and Chelsea aren't exactly known for developing those.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That's just straight up transfer fees over 3 transfer windows (including this one). 

Aye and there was more fuss raised about us getting 25m for ASM than there was for Chelsea shipping out all of their deadwood to Saudi.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:
they need the assurance of a transfer fee coming their way, even if it's delayed by a year. 

Chelsea have shifted plenty of their shite in this window but the thing about the signings they've made is that the amortisation charge is recurring every year while the sales are only accounted for in the period they happen. So basically Chelsea are going to have to continue making sales next summer and if they can get one tied up now then that provides an element of certainty on their side.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He signed a 6 year deal last week. No chance they sell him to us for that 

Fuck knows if there’s anything in it but this kid has impressed me the few times I’ve seen him play. We could have England’s future first choice full backs if we sign him to go with Tino 

Isn't Hall a midfielder who filled in at left-back when Chilwell was injured?

Anyway, Tierney's name won't go away. A few months ago I read that Targett is home sick, dunno where. Might be why left-back is more of a priority than a right footed CB from the outside. 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

How hilarious this would be

So with 7 minutes left I stuck de Bruyne in my fantasy team on Friday.

I transferred him and got Salah an hour ago. The missus is getting hammered when I get in.

• Haha 1

Brighton are supposed to be after some 19 year old Boca Juniors left back called Barco for 8m. Surely it would be an idea to just outbid them given their record on players these past few seasons. 

If it's a loan I don't see how it would be hard to find a way because of FFP, so that seems weird. Surely his wages and the loan fee wouldn't be that high. Unless it's an obligation to buy at the end of the loan, but even still we should have money to spend a year from now. I don't think we should loan him just for a year with no obligation or option to buy. Why should we develop a rivals player for a year only to hand them back. It will be interesting to see what happens come the end of the window. It does really seem like we are going for a LB, after everyone thought we'd close our business with a RCB. It would be nice to get both, but perhaps the RCB's we want to eventually replace Schar are out of reach at present because of money etc. 

Edited by Polarboy

It feels like these types of deals are unlikely to work for us as a rule. Firstly, the teams we're loaning from are likely to be our direct rivals as any lower team is unlikely to have a player they're willing to loan who would be good enough to play for us. Secondly, if we're limited to the teams around us in the league for such a deal then that means the loaning club will almost certainly be trying to bend us over.  Thirdly, our own predicament in limiting ourselves to a loan deal means that these rival clubs can be even more aggressive because, in addition to being their rivals, they also know that our options to look elsewhere to non-rival clubs are severely limited by the rarity of any particular deal being worthwhile. Finally, this all would seem to result in a likely situation that makes any deal questionable as a representation of good value, adding a higher element of risk as although a loan fee plus wages is cheaper than a transfer fee and wages it is still a hit to the bottom line that may not be worthwhile as a value proposition when the relative cost of the loan is higher than your average.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season