Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Shots fired. 

He’s got a fucking cheek like. Plenty journalists (the shit ones, like him) do the same a fair bit of the time. That’s when they’re not arselicking abysmal managers for a scoop 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s got a fucking cheek like. Plenty journalists (the shit ones, like him) do the same a fair bit of the time. That’s when they’re not arselicking abysmal managers for a scoop 

Arse licking for a scoop is an unfortunate series of words. Plus you'll only get the lads started again talking about gallons of lube etc. 😂 👍

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 2

Just now, Polarboy said:

Arse licking for a scoop is an unfortunate series of words. Plus you'll only get the lads started again talking about gallons of lub etc. 😂 👍

:D I suspected, as I posted that, someone would pick up on it. My only surprise is that it turned out to be you and not one of usual suspects 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

AKA a cunt off

I've got no idea who sean casey is other than I've read some bits and pieces of his twitterings that others have posted on here. he may very well be a twat but I refuse to believe in a cunt off with edwards there can be anything other than a resounding victory for the former journal writer. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Casey calls himself a freelance journalist and I think it was PaddockLad on here who said a Google of him doesn’t return a single article. They’re just fantasists drunk on attention. And monumental bell ends 

Modern day Walter Mittys tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex said:

:D I suspected, as I posted that, someone would pick up on it. My only surprise is that it turned out to be you and not one of usual suspects 

MF?  You okay?

I'd like to see some movement this week, but honestly, I trust Howe, Ashworth and the owners to make the right transfer decisions. They're definitely going to get some wrong, because of course they are, but if Lille are acting the cunt over Botman, we can still buy centre backs that are significant upgrades on Clark, Lascelles and Fernandez. We can still buy forwards who are upgrades on Wood and Gayle, even if Reims act the cunt over Ekitike.

So my eagerness to see some new player holding the scarf is just impatience. 

What's not been talked about much is outgoings. We have over 30 senior players at the club where maybe 7 are shoe-ins for first 11 next season. 8 really should be moved on (inc Clark). That leaves about 15-20 players who'll either be in the squad or need to be shipped out.

Could we see an exodus of >10 players? 

• Like 1

We're told that midfield isn't our top priority, but Bissouma is decent in fairness, we have been linked in the past, and obviously there's the Ashworth factor. But I suppose we have to be realistic in any case; Spurs are a London club in the Champions League, plus Conte is rightly one of the most respected coaches in the world. Of course I'd never say any of this to my Spurs supporting brother in law. 

Edited by Polarboy
Typo

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'd like to see some movement this week, but honestly, I trust Howe, Ashworth and the owners to make the right transfer decisions. They're definitely going to get some wrong, because of course they are, but if Lille are acting the cunt over Botman, we can still buy centre backs that are significant upgrades on Clark, Lascelles and Fernandez. We can still buy forwards who are upgrades on Wood and Gayle, even if Reims act the cunt over Ekitike.

So my eagerness to see some new player holding the scarf is just impatience. 

What's not been talked about much is outgoings. We have over 30 senior players at the club where maybe 7 are shoe-ins for first 11 next season. 8 really should be moved on (inc Clark). That leaves about 15-20 players who'll either be in the squad or need to be shipped out.

Could we see an exodus of >10 players? 

Let's face it, Lille being French will fold like a cheap fucking deckchair. I'm still confident Botman will be our player this summer. 

34 minutes ago, Craig said:

Let's face it, Lille being French will fold like a cheap fucking deckchair. I'm still confident Botman will be our player this summer. 

Classic Clarkson. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Man United have offered a deal to Eriksen bringing an end to any goodwill the player has been afforded from me. 

The rumour is he's turned Brentford down on the grounds he wants Champions League football. If there's any truth to that then surely Man United are off his radar too? I could see him back at Spurs tbh. 

If Spurs added Eriksen and Bissouma to their midfield Chelsea and potentially Liverpool (without Mane, especially if Nunez doesn’t hit the ground running) probably should worry. Conte is such a quality manager and he’s still got a lot to spend this window after adding two quality players for a relatively small outlay. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season