Asked a West Ham fan about him. 

"Dunno anything about him, hope he's shit for you"

So on that basis, I'm all in on [checks notes] Amadou Dialup

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Asked a West Ham fan about him. 

"Dunno anything about him, hope he's shit for you"

So on that basis, I'm all in on [checks notes] Amadou Dialup

Top level research and advanced statistical analysis, this is why you're on the big bucks.

👏

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What we thinking about January? DM and a couple more squad players?

Definitely the priority IMO.

RW - Upgrade Miggy. Love the guy, incredible run of form but he is still a limited player, will be interesting to see what level of performance he can keep up once the goals dry up a bit. In any case he should be a great second choice/rotation option to our shiny new winger, Murhpy and Fraser just dont cut it at this level. 

DM - Upgrade Longstaff, allow Bruno a little more freedom

AM - Someone like Maddison who can play across the front and create chances when teams shut up shop (going to happen more and more against us with time)

We are 2-3 players away from being proper scary 

excited hanna marin GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

We are 2-3 players away from being proper scary 

This is what likes of Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, even Everton Leicester have been saying for past 5+ years...  

Spurs were in a piss with Conte for being 3rd, and are in a sour piss still being 3rd - after being beaten. 

Next season we are not 2/3 players away from being proper scary, we are 5ish players into the side so we don't have to rely on 15-20+ games from Championship level players like Dummett/Murphy/Manquillo/Krath/Lascelles/Darlow/Fraser/Wood. We may be in top 4, but the season isn't over, less than a third in - and Paul Dummett is still registered to play. 

I love the excitement, but I hate seeing the the 'one-hand-on-throphy' mentality some fans have, especially the arrogance it's given with. 

Love the fact we are 4th! It's ours to throw away regarding contention, but I don't think we can be 4th after 38 games. Longer we are 4th, the longer we have a shot, and if we do fall off, we get Europe. Top 10 was my goal this season!

Edited by HendricksLipton
  • Like 6

Yeah our depth in the squad is there to see. Eddie has done wonders with the players who were already here, but to progress we are going to have to move on from them. I get the sense of ambition from the fans, but I hope the fanbase doesn't turn into a bunch of expectant arseholes the minute that we have a dip in form. It's been upward trajectory since the start of the year, and that can't last forever. We are better building this project slowly and getting in the right characters. If it's another 1 or 2 in come January then that'll be great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HendricksLipton said:

This is what likes of Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, even Everton Leicester have been saying for past 5+ years...  

Spurs were in a piss with Conte for being 3rd, and are in a sour piss still being 3rd - after being beaten. 

Next season we are not 2/3 players away from being proper scary, we are 5ish players into the side so we don't have to rely on 15-20+ games from Championship level players like Dummett/Murphy/Manquillo/Krath/Lascelles/Darlow/Fraser/Wood. We may be in top 4, but the season isn't over, less than a third in - and Paul Dummett is still registered to play. 

I love the excitement, but I hate seeing the the 'one-hand-on-throphy' mentality some fans have, especially the arrogance it's given with. 

Love the fact we are 4th! It's ours to throw away regarding contention, but I don't think we can be 4th after 38 games. Longer we are 4th, the longer we have a shot, and if we do fall off, we get Europe. Top 10 was my goal this season!

Charlotte 'Emmmm, like, emmmmm' Hope on the TF poddy thinks Eddie has done such a great job she doesn't think we need to add to the depth.  Happy Wood comes on and doesn't score.

2 hours ago, HendricksLipton said:

TLDR: One game at a time.

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Yeah our depth in the squad is there to see. Eddie has done wonders with the players who were already here, but to progress we are going to have to move on from them. I get the sense of ambition from the fans, but I hope the fanbase doesn't turn into a bunch of expectant arseholes the minute that we have a dip in form. It's been upward trajectory since the start of the year, and that can't last forever. We are better building this project slowly and getting in the right characters. If it's another 1 or 2 in come January then that'll be great.

Everyone who has come in has done a job and has the right attitude (I include Wood in that). It's great to have the confidence in the manager and the owners to only make moves that improve our team and fit in with the team ethos and not just based on price/availability just to get someone through the door. One or two in January is fantastic if they improve our first eleven.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OTF said:

Everyone who has come in has done a job and has the right attitude (I include Wood in that). It's great to have the confidence in the manager and the owners to only make moves that improve our team and fit in with the team ethos and not just based on price/availability just to get someone through the door. One or two in January is fantastic if they improve our first eleven.

I think that's been the key so far, the right characters. I accept that money is a deciding factor in changing clubs, I've done it myself in my career, but there has to be other push/pull factors to coming to our club. Hopefully the way we are setting up, playing attractive high press football is making some of our targets sit up and consider their options. 

Every one of our signings has made an impact. Karius and Wood are probably those who are feeling a bit left out but they will come into their own in a cup run this year with a bit of luck. Eddie seems keen to make sure the whole squad is involved in the project so I don't expect us to have the number of players that Chelsea or City have had. 

• Like 3

If we add very well in the January window and stay injury free this could be a better opportunity to break into the elite than if we finish 6/7th and get europa spot next season.

We have a high intensity game which tires players out so if we are playing Thurs in Turkey and Sunday at Bournemouth we'd need a big squad.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Well we've got that Kuol coming in in January, we've been signing for the youth team and apparently we're signing some 18yr old from Brazil. Dunno if he'll have sufficient points on his visa to be available for the second half of this season or if he, like Kuol, will be shunted out on loan somewhere European.

12 hours ago, HendricksLipton said:

Don't disagree with much of that but I don't think we will finish 4th or win anything over the next couple of years. I don't think most fans do, we're probably just enjoying the fact we're mixing it with the big boys now and playing actual football again. Personally I haven't even thought much about things like when we could possibly win a tropy or mount a title challenge, I'm just looking forward to next Saturday. 

We've visibly rattled the top 4 this season already, with a very limited squad, you think adding a couple of quality players will not add to the knicker quivering? They're already talking about a big 7. They tried hard to stop the takeover. They are SCARED. If or when we win a bunch of trophies is a not a directly related function.

Life is short, enjoy the little moments mate. 

• Like 2

I can't see Brighton selling for £30m though in the January window. They'd likely still get that for him in the summer window if he refuses to sign a contract so unless he absolutely downs tools then why would they sell?

Brighton have this thing where they always let people hold talks when someone comes in for them, don't they? So if Trossard shows makes it clear he want to leave, they might be vaguely sensible in valuation. 

Who knows though, they've been completely bent over by Boehly, so maybe they need to rethink this policy. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season