Dearest Brenda's Brazilian Mag's v Bronzed Brendan Bloated Heed Bastards

wykikitoon

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

Last time I watched this fixture on Holiday I was in Florida. 3-1 down with 12 minutes to go and up pops Shearer with a hat trick :lol: 

36B10702-3C1E-42C2-A640-D8B4150B6C7A.jpeg

I was in the East Stand for this one. Even the miserable old coots in there were tumbling over eachother and ending up three rows down.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

Last time I watched this fixture on Holiday I was in Florida. 3-1 down with 12 minutes to go and up pops Shearer with a hat trick :lol: 

It's one I remember too. I watched it in a pub in Bow in London and chatted throughout the match with John Hannah (4 weddings and a funeral) who was on the next table. Think he was on location filming some series he was starring in as a forensic detective. What a match it was anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

Very surreal this game, a few of us went round to a mate's house as he lived with his mam who died that morning, he kept her illness to himself, we only found out right near the end. We're sitting in his having a few cans trying to console him, the match gets put on and by the time we come back from 1-3 down and Shearer gets the winner everyone, very much including our bereaved mate was diving all over his living room going mental. Grief is a strange thing.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's one I remember too. I watched it in a pub in Bow in London and chatted throughout the match with John Hannah (4 weddings and a funeral) who was on the next table. Think he was on location filming some series he was starring in as a forensic detective. What a match it was anyway. 

A Touch of Cloth. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

I wasn't at that one, but I was at the 5-4 in 1990 which was equally mental.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

I was at the match. An absolutely crazy end to the game but once we got the second goal it almost felt inevitable. The belief the crowd had in that side at that time was unbelievable. I never felt like anyone was a problem for us at home. It was our away record that stopped us winning things 

• Like 2

Beat these and we have an outside chance of pipping them to 9th. I think this could be one home victory too far though. They’re a good side. Point is a decent result 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was at the match. An absolutely crazy end to the game but once we got the second goal it almost felt inevitable. The belief the crowd had in that side at that time was unbelievable. I never felt like anyone was a problem for us at home. It was our away record that stopped us winning things 

I'd love Fortress St James to become a thing again. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I was in the East Stand for this one. Even the miserable old coots in there were tumbling over eachother and ending up three rows down.

I was also in the East Stand, and turned to the bloke next to me at 3-1 and said "Mind Shearers done fuck all today!".

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I was also in the East Stand, and turned to the bloke next to me at 3-1 and said "Mind Shearers done fuck all today!".

He was on a Match of the Day Top 10 thingy and said he was nursing an injury, went off for surgery/treatment after the match. He admits he was god awful and had we been winning he'd have gone off sooner. 

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

I remember lots games between us and leicester.

I also remember usually frumpy brenda serving the lads a cold beer in a bikini in auf2, much to neville's distress.

cracking pair of norks julia tobin turned out to have!   :)

Aye, as Oz would say, 'Tidy bit o tackle'

• Haha 6

I once saw Vickie / Ally Fraser’s lass at Fenham Baths and she had a cracking set of tits, or so my young self thought at the time. Oz would be able to confirm as wasn’t he seeing her behind Ally’s back with Bomber assuming it to be Wayne instead? 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I remember lots games between us and leicester.

I also remember usually frumpy brenda serving the lads a cold beer in a bikini in auf2, much to neville's distress.

cracking pair of norks julia tobin turned out to have!   :)

NOW 67 YEARS OF AGE 😳

Screenshot_20220411-144429_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

cheers for pics @PaddockLad, especially the bottom one!

back to football....

i remember macdonald scoring a volley from the half way line against leicester when i was just a kid. dont think ive ever seen it again so maybe it was on a weekend when 'shoot' was covering a mackem game?

would be mightily impressed if anybody could find some footage of it?!   :)