Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

absolutely budget 

It probably scans nicely with Shanks and Bigfoot's 1999 banger; Sweet like Chocolate.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Valverde has just signed a new contract with Real Madrid.

His release clause….  €1Bn

Thats how you do it. 

I think Howay was right in that for a player like Bruno, and where we are at the minute as a club, he needs to have an option to move on. Effectively trapping him here could be counterproductive. I don’t think he’d have signed a contract where his release clause was (for example) £200m anyway. He might understandably want to move to a Bayern Munich or Real Madrid if that’s an option in a year or two. We’d still get a massive return on our investment and would massively reinvest off the back of that too

Aye. From his point of view it’s a great clause. Things could easily drop off for us.

My worry is that liverpool allegedly put in a £100m offer in the summer and now he has that exact clause in a contract.

it would break my heart if he moved to those tramps.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye. From his point of view it’s a great clause. Things could easily drop off for us.

My worry is that liverpool allegedly put in a £100m offer in the summer and now he has that exact clause in a contract.

it would break my heart if he moved to those tramps.

The vagueness of the release clause is something to consider though. It could easily only apply to clubs overseas (or very specific clubs like Mac Allister had in his contract at Brighton).

It could be that we could charge Man City or Liverpool £200m but Real Madrid or Bayern can have him for half of that.

Plus I'd like to think that he'd have the respect for the club and it's fans not to fuck off what are becoming like for like competitors the better we do.

• Like 2

If he would go to Liverpool then his whole persona that he's set up since joining us is essentially a marketing gimmick, and in that case I'm far less invested in him by default. Moreover, them throwing £100m at us for Bruno does not save them from us in the long run.

Exactly - Plus he'd be going to Liverpool to act as their defensive mid to allow Mac Allister and Szoboszlai to get further forward. He's already miserable doing that here (and admittedly isn't his strongest role), so not sure he'd be any happier there than here. Not to mention his ken would get screwed by his own fans the second he's on the team bus.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

If he would go to Liverpool then his whole persona that he's set up since joining us is essentially a marketing gimmick, and in that case I'm far less invested in him by default. Moreover, them throwing £100m at us for Bruno does not save them from us in the long run.

Isn’t that a bit like imagining something then getting annoyed by it?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Isn’t that a bit like imagining something then getting annoyed by it?

Idk how well I worded that but to be clear I'm not saying that's my present sentiment. It would become my sentiment if he actually did leave for Liverpool. And it wouldn't so much be annoyance as 'oh I guess he's not quite what I thought he was after all'.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Idk how well I worded that but to be clear I'm not saying that's my present sentiment. It would become my sentiment if he actually did leave for Liverpool. And it wouldn't so much be annoyance as 'oh I guess he's not quite what I thought he was after all'.

It’s ok I’m just being a prick 

• Haha 2