2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

There's née chance that Brexit cunt is gonna wait 2 years. The 4x4 shagging Brexit loving cunt will pay the cash no bother 

Ashworth knew about FFP prior to the appointment so fuck off. 

Now show us the money 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

£10m and he doesn't start til after the summer window, and you've got yourself a deal.

Off you fuck, Daniel.

10???

The grief this cunt is in the process of causing and the breach of trust should cost them 50 million or put him in his fucking garden for a least a year.

The cunt

Edited by Dougle
  • Like 2

If they start enforcing points of the contract and he can show his job description arriving said one thing, but in fact he’s been playing second fiddle to Eddie and his nephew in reality, Newcastle might end up losing him for nothing.

:lol:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:lol:

Man is employed and his job doesn't quite match job description - is literally every job ever. If they think this is tantamount to constructive dismissal then they are fucking thick.

His contract says two years, he signed the fucking thing - maybe they have just pushed hard for someone who doesn't read contracts properly, and given the job they are employing him to do that would be a massive fucking weakness :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I think it’s hilarious tbh, perfect way to fuck these absolute pricks over. Let the bloke sit on leave for 2 year or we rip their eyes out for a bloke that’s such a fantastic director he can’t even get his voice heard over subordinates :lol: :lol: 

Imagine not being able to control the people below you in your role to such an extent you highlight it as an issue, what a spineless cunt. Man Utd would suit him, a whole club of losers clinging to the coat tails of winners. I hope our lot don’t fucking bottle it and instead demand stupid money or gardening leave for 2 years, fucking excellent. 

• Like 3

I’m also creasing at the Man U fans saying it’s delaying our progress if we play hardball :lol: he’s on about £1m a year lads, we can stick him on gardening leave and go get another director. Oh aye and to those saying “you’re paying for our director” you’ll still be paying us to get him after the 2 year gardening leave :lol: so nah lads you’ll be paying for ours while you wait two fucking years for yours. Time to crack out the yellow and green scarves you glory hunting idiots. 

• Haha 4

I wonder if INEOS could employ him as one of their employees and not the club's until this gardening leaving issue is sorted?

They really don't understand this do they? :lol:

Every suggestion is just "lets do something illegal that will definitely get us sued"

• Haha 5

Newcastle looking incredibly small time :lol:

Dunno how you square that one away, by protecting ourselves and demanding his contract be abided by, and not just letting them swing in and have whatever they want, we're small time? Aye ok.

Or he just works from home for 20 months in some unofficial capacity. The whole gardening leave thing is bogus.

No wonder they break out the fucking norwich scarves whenver they've spent 300 million a window and are still shit. They're idiots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

One of them saying "Newcastle have no leverage". Mate, we've got ALL OF IT.

We're practically fuckin Archimedes. :lol:

• Haha 3

I assume our lot will be fizzing at the way Man United have handled this. Leaking to Ornstein last year that they want the bloke, then taking their time to actually do anything about it. Approaching Ashworth before they've made any official approach to us, all the while causing a destabilising effect on us.

I hope so anyway, cos I really hope they're gonna dig their heels in on this. And fuck Ashworth in terms of feeling bad if he has to sit in the house for a couple of years. He signed the contract and he's the one that wants to get out of it after 18 month.

• Like 4

This is absolutely brilliant :lol: I was a bit ticked off till yesterday just because this could hamper any summer transfer plans we have. But what's really happening is a spineless stone-stepping git has been outed, ManUtd's and their great new project is being unapologetically told to go feck themselves in front of the whole world, and there is a very real prospect of being able to spend 100M more in the summer if they decide to pay up. 

Chefs Kiss GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I assume our lot will be fizzing at the way Man United have handled this. Leaking to Ornstein last year that they want the bloke, then taking their time to actually do anything about it. Approaching Ashworth before they've made any official approach to us, all the while causing a destabilising effect on us.

I hope so anyway, cos I really hope they're gonna dig their heels in on this. And fuck Ashworth in terms of feeling bad if he has to sit in the house for a couple of years. He signed the contract and he's the one that wants to get out of it after 18 month.

Also, how refreshing is it to see that NUFC had their bases covered on this. 2 years of gardening leave :lol: 

If the fat one was still running things Ashworth would be having a cup of tea at Old Trafford right now.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Also, how refreshing is it to see that NUFC had their bases covered on this. 2 years of gardening leave :lol: 

If the fat one was still running things Ashworth would be having a cup of tea at Old Trafford right now.

It makes total sense as well when you think about it. This bloke should have the next 3 to 4 transfer windows plotted out for us, so of course we're not about to let him leave and start next month at a rival.

I just feel like, much like the attitude on that redcafe forum and on social media, Man United are big timing us with the way that they've handled this so far.

Even their journalists, like that Adam Crafton bloke saying that this will get sorted out for much lower sums and much shorter notice periods. Well yeah, the maximum is 20 months or whatever and it's likely we'll come down from that cos that's how negotiating works, but I feel like they all just assume that we're about to dance to their tune.

The bloke wants to leave, and they're gonna get their man, but we absolutely have to put a marker down here for the way they've carried on when we've tried to sign one of their players recently. And most importantly, go protect our own interests.

• Like 6

It is quite hilarious how their supporters are treating the proposed appointment of mercenary Dan as if they have won a trophy. Maybe they will have to stuff him and put him in the trophy cabinet.

• Like 1

Aye, Brighton aren't the only club in world football that was well run. We'll get someone in and hopefully trouser some cash from Man United. It's definitely not ideal cos the new man will have different ideas/possibly want some people replaced, but that's life.

Does the nature of the job mean that gardening leave is prone to be abused? 

How would you prove that he wasn't directing things in a low key manner - maybe that's why they're supposedly relaxed about the waiting period. 

In one of the responses to this he says that he's been told that our negotiating start point is actually north of £20m.

Not expecting them to pay that, but it is going to be "a very expensive appointment" for them.

• Haha 2

I'd like to see us keep him locked out of transfer activity til summer 2025 tbh. Also I'd make him ask to be excused every time he needs the toilet. That one runs to Jan 2026.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Does the nature of the job mean that gardening leave is prone to be abused? 

How would you prove that he wasn't directing things in a low key manner - maybe that's why they're supposedly relaxed about the waiting period. 

I guess you'd have to monitor appointments and transfers. Should someone on our RADAR suddenly appear at Old Trafford, we'd be within our rights to get them to show their working. 

Plus I'd imagine there's a lot of gossiping so if Ashworth is up to anything the players, agents, scouts would be chatting to eachother about it. 

• Like 1