2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

There's a separate quote where he calls Newcastle suggesting that Ashworth sit on gardening leave for 1.5 years "completely stupid". :lol:

He seems VERY charming.

The really good news for him is that there's a way for him to stop it happening.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm absolutely thrilled to report that Sir Jim Ratcliffe is very much adopting a "GUYS! We're Manchester United. Just hand him over." approach. I'm sure this will endear him to our lot.

"I won't get dragged into that, but first allow me to get dragged into that."

Cunt.

Screenshot_20240221-172823.thumb.png.499ccaf1659e7e9bb8afda36bfa69e77.png

If he's a 10/10 sporting director I'm sure they'll have no trouble or qualms about paying a 10/10 compensation fee to get him on board.

• Like 10

His suggestion that honouring contractual clauses isn’t “how UK law works” bodes very well for his time running a football club. Mind, this is the bloke who has spent most of his time dodging tax and now wants to use public money to build a new stadium so the cunt is clearly in cloud cuckoo land. More great news 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think it was Craig on here who said he thought he might be working for the club. I scoffed at the idea tbh (this was very soon after the takeover) but if he’s not directly employed he’s definitely getting ridiculous amounts of access to the club. 
It seems to encapsulate a lot of why I give less and less of a fuck about professional football. I.e. an absolute fucking bull’s knacker getting the sort of access most followers of the club could only dream of. He’s easily as embarrassing as that Sunderland weirdo with the wooly hat  

The sunderland weirdo with the wooly hat is at least one generation older mind, and perhaps the club have rightly or wrongly perceived that Pearson has an attractive marketing appeal to a certain demographic  (youth and strange old blokes ) and therefore given him the ridiculous access he seems to have.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Dougle said:

The sunderland weirdo with the wooly hat is at least one generation older mind, and perhaps the club have rightly or wrongly perceived that Pearson has an attractive marketing appeal to a certain demographic  (youth and strange old blokes ) and therefore given him the ridiculous access he seems to have.

Aye, I think it’s purely from the social media perspective they are coming at this. 11 year old lads who hang out at the training ground and  Gemmill is the phrase you were looking for btw 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

If he's a 10/10 sporting director I'm sure they'll have no trouble or qualms about paying a 10/10 compensation fee to get him on board.

Aye. Comparing him to players surplus to requirements at the best team in the world then arguing he should just be allowed to walk away as well. As has already been mentioned it might’ve been different if they hadn’t already tried to completely rip us off previously And on a player who isn’t exactly 10/10 and had about 5 months left on his contract. Fuck them and fuck Ashworth too

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

There's a separate quote where he calls Newcastle suggesting that Ashworth sit on gardening leave for 1.5 years "completely stupid". :lol:

He seems VERY charming.

The really good news for him is that there's a way for him to stop it happening.

:lol: It’s actually staggering, it was an uphill battle before given how they’ve conducted themselves but surely this makes it even fucking harder. I honestly think he will spend the whole time on leave now. 

• Like 1

He seems VERY charming.

Tbh if his idea of recruiting executive level staff is using the media to make their current position untenable and only at that point considering an approach to the current employers then he’s as fuckin useless as the Glazers, just in a different way. Outcome the same though, a waste of a huge amount of money which could’ve been easily avoided  :cuppa:

• Like 4

I'm absolutely thrilled to report that Sir Jim Ratcliffe is very much adopting a "GUYS! We're Manchester United. Just hand him over." approach. I'm sure this will endear him to our lot.

Cunt.

Didn't Pep call Phillips fat and bench him for 2 years?

Also, we aren't "done"'with Ashworth. He's done with us. There's a difference 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 5

Just read some of his other comments too. He hardly sounds impressive, let alone having a bit of class in any way. Sounds like a bored old man who got tired of being rich and now wants to have a bit of spotlight. Here's hoping him and ManUtd drag each other down. 

Gives you a new appreciation of the manner our lot has conducted themselves in every way. 

Edited by aimaad22
  • Like 1

They were due a Mike Ashley with no clue how football works. Maybe he wants to sign Denis Wise as an interim director of football unless Ferdy comes up with some money to buy out Ashworth.

• Like 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

Sounds like he's up for giving Mason Greenwood another chance too. He just seems like an all around great bloke.

That would be superb.  It shows his true colours.

46 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

They were due a Mike Ashley with no clue how football works. Maybe he wants to sign Denis Wise as an interim director of football unless Ferdy comes up with some money to buy out Ashworth.

Thats it. I think he’s similar to Ashley in that he’s been very successful outside of football and is determined to come into the club and do it ‘his way’. Hopefully with similarly disastrous results.

• Like 5

They really are in their own little "we're man united" ego fuelled bubble aren't they? Ratcliffes statement made no fucking sense, that comparison to pep was actual nonsense :lol: like anyone in football just lets their players wander off for free when they don't want to be at the club anymore. 

His very own Man United wouldn't even sack Mason Greenwood because they thought they could get a fee for him somewhere down the line the cunts.

"We had a very grown-up conversation with Manchester City about Omar"

Why didn't you do that with us then you dickhead? Instead you contacted Ashworth and fluttered your eyelashes at him through your media mates and now want to act all precious when we turn around and tell you that thats actually not acceptable and we'll either have our fee or you can wait.

Their fans keep going on about this being "small time" which makes no sense either, surely the small time thing would be for us to bend over "oh yes mr man united please, please take the technical director we hired less than two years ago, would you like anything else sir"

Its either that or "This is exactly what they did to brighton". No, we approached Brighton first, who gave us permission to talk to Ashworth then placed him on gardening leave until a deal was made. Which is how this should have been done. 

I'd started hating Man U less over the last few years, they were more of a laughing stock than anything else, but the sheer ENTITLEMENT of everyone on their side over this, pure brexit-style british exceptionalism has reminded me how much I despise that club.

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

They really are in their own little "we're man united" ego fuelled bubble aren't they? Ratcliffes statement made no fucking sense, that comparison to pep was actual nonsense :lol: like anyone in football just lets their players wander off for free when they don't want to be at the club anymore. 

His very own Man United wouldn't even sack Mason Greenwood because they thought they could get a fee for him somewhere down the line the cunts.

"We had a very grown-up conversation with Manchester City about Omar"

Why didn't you do that with us then you dickhead? Instead you contacted Ashworth and fluttered your eyelashes at him through your media mates and now want to act all precious when we turn around and tell you that thats actually not acceptable and we'll either have our fee or you can wait.

Their fans keep going on about this being "small time" which makes no sense either, surely the small time thing would be for us to bend over "oh yes mr man united please, please take the technical director we hired less than two years ago, would you like anything else sir"

Its either that or "This is exactly what they did to brighton". No, we approached Brighton first, who gave us permission to talk to Ashworth then placed him on gardening leave until a deal was made. Which is how this should have been done. 

I'd started hating Man U less over the last few years, they were more of a laughing stock than anything else, but the sheer ENTITLEMENT of everyone on their side over this, pure brexit-style british exceptionalism has reminded me how much I despise that club.

I think our best move would be to just leave him on gardening leave until 2026.

Fuck Ratcliffe, Fuck Ashworth and Fuck their fucking awful fans

• Like 8

"that's not how the law works"

Aye it is mate, contractual law in fact. Although it was a pleasant surprise to hear Man City give away the players they don't want and haven't made half a billion quid doing so since Pep came in.

It always fucking staggers me how inexplicably stupid some billionaires are.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, ackas said:

I think our best move would be to just leave him on gardening leave until 2026.

Fuck Ratcliffe, Fuck Ashworth and Fuck their fucking awful fans

Nah make them pay $20M and spend an additional 100M on players in the summer. Increase chances of beating them to a CL finish next season. I've not read anywhere that the compensation shouldn't count for FFP. It should be in the P&L as other income or something. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Cunt.

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

• Haha 3