2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s skint now as well but you’d imagine he’ll have burnt loads of bridges so there won’t be many job offers 

Aye, the red card was the icing on the cake 

David Edgar tells a story about the time he and Matty Pattinson were invited to train with the first team. Pattinson misplaced a couple of passes and Bellamy stopped the game, picked up the ball and said "no-ones playing until that ginger cunt leaves, he'll never make it as a footballer".

I mean he wasn't wrong, but it's also a cunts trick as senior pro to embarrass a young un in front of the whole squad. The whole "it's a rite of passage to get bullied as a youth team player" is as outdated in football as it is in the medicine, the forces and every other profession where people end up having a breakdown and killing themselves for fear of not making the grade

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

people think bellamy was awful on the pitch for us? really?

worshipped the little fucker I did, when he crossed that white line he gave a 100% for us every time he played and I couldn't give a fuck what he got up to off it.

don't recall him getting up to anything particularly controversial at nufc other than having an accusation dismissed out of hand of common assault for removing some pissed up wannabe wag trollop out of his car on the quayside?

oh and he was absolutely spot on about shearer's legs having gone and even more accurate with his appraisal of sourness being a cunt.  :)

I’ll always defend Bellamy on the pitch for us. Even to the extent I’d say football would be better if everyone played like him. He gave 100%, wasn’t a dirty player, didn’t dive/cheat. All anyone ever had a problem with was his being mouthy. He’s undoubtedly an odious little cunt like. He was our little cunt. No way was he blameless in being shifted out though. Just like he wasn’t blameless in our ending up with Souness 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ll always defend Bellamy on the pitch for us. Even to the extent I’d say football would be better if everyone played like him. He gave 100%, wasn’t a dirty player, didn’t dive/cheat. All anyone ever had a problem with was his being mouthy. He’s undoubtedly an odious little cunt like. He was our little cunt. No way was he blameless in being shifted out though. Just like he wasn’t blameless in our ending up with Souness 

souness had already made his mind up before he got his feet under the table at newcastle that bellamy was the bad boy, completely ignoring the fact it was dyer that was the real cunt. he'd be having to making excuses for the fucker being lifted by the police for pissing in doorways within a couple of weeks, to say nowt of having to face the cameras several months later about the twat scrapping on the pitch with his team mates.

we shipped the wrong bloke out alex, TWICE.

dyer should've been shipped out long before bellamy.

and souness should've been shipped out long before bellamy too.

We’re not going to agree like. Not a defence of Dyer either btw. Bellamy never stayed anywhere very long after that though, despite performing. Suggests he’s a troublemaker 

• Like 1

He was a top player, and would have been even better if he could have kept his arseholery to the pitch. But he couldn't, as Alex has said, he's been shuffled out of the door of every club he's been at. That doesn't happen if your rewards outweigh the costs.

One of those players who was perhaps a fair few years ahead of his time; A pacy, hardworking attacker who could play on the flanks. Sounds tailored made for the high press style that's popular at the moment.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

souness had already made his mind up before he got his feet under the table at newcastle that bellamy was the bad boy, completely ignoring the fact it was dyer that was the real cunt. he'd be having to making excuses for the fucker being lifted by the police for pissing in doorways within a couple of weeks, to say nowt of having to face the cameras several months later about the twat scrapping on the pitch with his team mates.

we shipped the wrong bloke out alex, TWICE.

dyer should've been shipped out long before bellamy.

and souness should've been shipped out long before bellamy too.

I think Souness was brought in to get rid of the likes of Bellamy. Which he did and took the heat off Shepherd. I think Freddie definitely got what he wanted but he wasn’t left with much of a team or club after that :cuppa:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

We’re not going to agree like. Not a defence of Dyer either btw. Bellamy never stayed anywhere very long after that though, despite performing. Suggests he’s a troublemaker 

Moved to 8 clubs after us. Didn't last longer than 2 seasons at any of them 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think Souness was brought in to get rid of the likes of Bellamy. Which he did and took the heat off Shepherd. I think Freddie definitely got what he wanted but he wasn’t left with much of a team or club after that :cuppa:

agree with all that.

souness picked the wrong player to make an an example of though.

shearer and bellamy managed 25 goals between them in the 1st half of that season, shearer 13, bellamy 12.

shearer managed 7 in 2nd half of the season when bellamy was shipped out to celtic.

bellamy undoubtedly carried shearer, his play allowed shearer to catch up.

it was a fucking ludicrous decision to get rid of the welsh twat. 

It’s moot because it would’ve gone to shite anyway because he wasn’t a very good manager and there was something rotten in the club by that point. The idea scapegoating the wrong person was the issue misses the point imo. 
Btw, is anyone else getting LTA vibes from TBD? ;) <——— safety wink 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s moot because it would’ve gone to shite anyway because he wasn’t a very good manager and there was something rotten on the club. The idea scapegoating the wrong person was the issue misses the point imo

he was a shite manager I agree, a good manager would've identified dyer as the real bad apple and a good manager would've found a way to man manage arguably their best player.... not fuck him off out to the detriment of the team.

I warn you alex, we've only just joined the m1 south of nottingham, I can keep this up for another couple of hours till I get to the percy!  ;)

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

David Edgar tells a story about the time he and Matty Pattinson were invited to train with the first team. Pattinson misplaced a couple of passes and Bellamy stopped the game, picked up the ball and said "no-ones playing until that ginger cunt leaves, he'll never make it as a footballer".

I mean he wasn't wrong, but it's also a cunts trick as senior pro to embarrass a young un in front of the whole squad. The whole "it's a rite of passage to get bullied as a youth team player" is as outdated in football as it is in the medicine, the forces and every other profession where people end up having a breakdown and killing themselves for fear of not making the grade

There's a story where Gazza was playing an U23 game when at Everton. The opposition had a free kick and a kid took it and fucked it up. Apparently Gazza grabbed the ball put it back told the kid what to do and talked him through it. Kid did and scored. 

Think that was on an under the cosh story can't remember who. 

9 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

worshipped the little fucker I did, when he crossed that white line he gave a 100% for us every time he played and I couldn't give a fuck what he got up to off it.

don't recall him getting up to anything particularly controversial at nufc other than having an accusation dismissed out of hand of common assault for removing some pissed up wannabe wag trollop out of his car on the quayside?

oh and he was absolutely spot on about shearer's legs having gone and even more accurate with his appraisal of sourness being a cunt.  :)

And having a severe distaste for a certain Scottish manager.

12 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't recall him getting up to anything particularly controversial at nufc

He grabbed the arm of a bird I planned to give a shag to and asserted she belonged to him in Jonny Ringos, 2003. This was widely reported on at the time in my head.

A doorman threw him out and me and her blossomed until I tried to shag her sister cos she had bigger tits. Even her mam was worth one. Household was a proper treasure trove.

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

He grabbed the arm of a bird I planned to give a shag to and asserted she belonged to him in Jonny Ringos, 2003. This was widely reported on at the time in my head.

A doorman threw him out and me and her blossomed until I tried to shag her sister cos she had bigger tits. Even her mam was worth one. Household was a proper treasure trove.

That was Bellar's biggest problem, you never knew if he was actually going to score or be wide of the mark, sounds like he missed a hat-trick here.

• Haha 4