Other Games 22/23

Just put their game on before Marseille scored and I'm thinking is that mbemba who played for us?  Once they went close up I saw it was, had he played for man U or Liverpool etc I'd have in no doubt as big 6 fanboy  Darren Fletcher would've described him as ex-liverpools chancel mbemba. Anyway, do I want them to stay in and not get beat? 

Do I fuck. :lol:

• Haha 1

The ideal result for us was Spurs finishing 3rd and being jettisoned into the Thursday night league* :cuppa:

* I’d give a kidney to be booking up for any kind of European games next season tbh..pre season on the Isle of Wight would do :unsure:

On a far more sobering note, one of the Spurs supporting lads from my local was in Marseille for the match and went missing before kick-off. Still hasn't been found. 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Thats shit news mate. Hope he is found soon. Did he get in the ground?

It's not known. The other lads are still out there frantically looking for him. Sounds like his phone is off/lost. 

He has a tendency to drink like a fish - I've given him a few lifts home where he's completely incoherent so I'm hoping he's simply had a tankful and wakes up somewhere with a raging hangover. 

Marseille has a bit of a reputation, hasn't it? I'm sure I read somewhere police advice was to stay with official groups and not wander off into the city.

All I can offer is my experience of Marseille when we played in them in UEFA semi-final.

I got so hammered before kick-off  I lost my mates in the first half and spent the whole time just flicking the Vs at the Marseille end. 

The security to get into the stadium treat you like cattle. I didn't notice it be rough around but im from Wallsend. Has got a rep though. I think their fans rioted after the game.

Hopefully he just got a bit drunk and will turn up soon.

Edited by Holden McGroin

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Marseille has a bit of a reputation, hasn't it? I'm sure I read somewhere police advice was to stay with official groups and not wander off into the city.

Probably not what you want to hear, but aye, it does. 
Do you know where he was last seen? 

Hopefully he was just blackout drunk or balls-deep in some hooker and shows up sheepish and sharpish. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Probably not what you want to hear, but aye, it does. 
Do you know where he was last seen? 

Hopefully he was just blackout drunk or balls-deep in some hooker and shows up sheepish and sharpish. 

Probably not the best time to make light of it but his claim to fame is he lost his cherry to non other than Liz Hurley when they were both teenagers :lol:

He definitely likes the bottle and was apparently completely smashed by 3pm so I'm hoping he wakes up in a drunk tank. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s quite the claim :lol:

Is your mate called Hugh? 

:lol: no 

I found out when I was running the pub quiz and I did a round on the locality. One of the questions was about her to which his lad shouted out "that was my Dad's first shag!" 

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

On a far more sobering note, one of the Spurs supporting lads from my local was in Marseille for the match and went missing before kick-off. Still hasn't been found. 

That’s grim. I hope he turns up ok

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

:lol: no 

I found out when I was running the pub quiz and I did a round on the locality. One of the questions was about her to which his lad shouted out "that was my Dad's first shag!" 

I popped mine to Beverley in Kenton. She hasn't gone on to bigger and better things and I like to think I contributed to that.

Your mate's a legend.

• Haha 2

They've found him - don't know the details yet as they're currently boarding the flight home but he's safe and well. 

If he's been an irresponsible pisshead (almost a given!) he's getting both barrels from all of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

They've found him - don't know the details yet as they're currently boarding the flight home but he's safe and well. 

If he's been an irresponsible pisshead (almost a given!) he's getting both barrels from all of us.

Happens all the time though. An Irish friend of mine normally gets lost on the piss. He took a random train to Austria when England played Germany in 2001, spent a game in the cells when trying to climb a fence at another match as well as getting lost on a trip to Strasbourg when he left his mobile in the car not to get contacted by his girlfriend. We randomly bumped into him the next day in the city center.

An old workmate never turned up at work after the Inter Milan game at the San Siro even though he was due back. The following week we found out him and his brother, arseholed, were lured into an alley by a couple of lasses for a party. He woke up in the alley with a sore head after someone clobbered him with a blunt instrument minus his money and cards and spent a night or two in hospital. 'Still a canny trip' was his summary. 

• Haha 3

I once woke up in a ditch about 15 miles away, and 2hrs before, I was meant to do a 2 day canoe trip training new staff. :lol:

One of the local French villages, Vagnas ( I shit thee not), held a fortnightly fete where they sold red wine and rocket fuel punch for 50p a glass. 
It was a legendary piss up attended by all the British paddlers. 

Fortunately, PGL, who had three centres nearby, were so used to Vagnas casualties that they’d run a “sweeper bus” the morning after, picking up lost staff- I managed to blag a lift and made it in time to shower and pack for the trip. 

I was wobbly as fuck until lunchtime :lol:

• Haha 5