Other Games 22/23

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Chelsea blow it. Best result for us though, everyone drops points ready for us to dismantle Spurs tomorrow. 

aye, feel ashamed for being happy about a man utd equaliser.....

here's hoping we leapfrog them both tomorrow!   :)

Don't know if I'm just biased from seeing big teams get the benefit of 50/50 decisions too many times, but the first two goals from ManCity looked dubious to me. Haaland goes at the Brighton defender with his hands so it couldn't be shoulder-to-shoulder as it's a clear push. And the pen for the second goal appeared to be the result of the ManCity player dangling his leg in an unnatural position to feel the contact and go down. Very soft pen. Dunno who they had on VAR but they're two bad decisions for me. We certainly wouldn't have got them in our favour.

Edited by toonotl

1 hour ago, toonotl said:

Don't know if I'm just biased from seeing big teams get the benefit of 50/50 decisions too many times, but the first two goals from ManCity looked dubious to me. Haaland goes at the Brighton defender with his hands so it couldn't be shoulder-to-shoulder as it's a clear push. And the pen for the second goal appeared to be the result of the ManCity player dangling his leg in an unnatural position to feel the contact and go down. Very soft pen. Dunno who they had on VAR but they're two bad decisions for me. We certainly wouldn't have got them in our favour.

I agree with this, they were pretty line ball and you could make cases in both favours for each. Haaland doesn't need to make that much contact to get to the ball I don't think and that's why they allowed it, but seriously if you use that as a precedent for what is allowed without a foul being called then there's a role for judo masters in the game. If I was a Brighton player I'd have been very tempted to throw down a Man City player in a 50/50 somewhere in the middle of the pitch just to question the ref as to why that was a free kick and Haaland's wasn't. But then I'm a churlish and petulant bastard.

• Haha 3

I thought the first goal was fine, but the penalty decision was absolutely fucking stinking. Bernard Silva makes a completely unnatural movement to stick his leg out specifically for the purpose of knocking it into Dunk's leg so that he could hoy himself on the deck. That's not a foul, it was a completely blatant dive. 

If I'm running through on goal and there's a static defender two feet to my left and I stick my leg out sideways so that he "trips" me, that's me being a cheat. That's basically what Silva did. 

Ref made the right decision on the field and the clown on VAR overturned it. Another awful, awful VAR fuck up. 

• Like 2

if anything the tackle from LongShaft on Sancho was more of a penna than that. I think they had two dubious penalty decisions turned down beforehand which probably played into the refs thinking.

Edited by Holden McGroin

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Villa 3-0 up after 14mins. Gerrard sacking has worked wonders :lol: 

Aye, I was just thinking it says a lot about what the players thought of Gerrard / his methods 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I was just thinking it says a lot about what the players thought of Gerrard / his methods 

He's a very unlikeable bloke. Pals in the media will give him a managerial career at shit clubs.

• Like 2

I ended up in the car again during 606 last night. The coverage of Villa both during the phone in, and earlier in the day when the match was on was "where was this performance for Steven Gerrard? What must he be thinking?" 

No thought given to the idea that Gerrard was the problem all along. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently Thomas Frank is the manager Villa want to replace Gerrard. Wonder if yesterday changes that. :lol:

Maybe it's already sorted between Beige FC and Frank and that 'performance' was part of the deal?

On 22/10/2022 at 15:17, Rayvin said:

If Liverpool really are off the boil this season (they are) then you never know... Might start making some wildly optimistic predictions if we get anything out of tomorrow.

Well, we're waiting!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well, we're waiting!

If we can take points off Spurs away and hold City at home, I'm confident that we can beat a few of the traditional top 6 at our place and get a few draws elsewhere. Top 4 still probably not but I think we can qualify for Europe here.

Season after should be set up for CL at expense of Manure, Spurs and dare I say it Liverpool.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The problem with qualifying for non-CL Europe is the Thursday / Sunday cycle of games. That would seriously interfere with a CL push the following season. 

Unless we win the thing :naughty: 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Bin dippers turning up tonight. Salah back to being king 

Shame about Nunez's antics, the cheating cunt!

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd be kicking the telly in if we had a 95th min winner ruled out for this 

That's absolutely absurd! If the ball is played backwards, you cannot be offside.