Other Games 22/23

Wor lass is a Forest fan. She was busy crowing ever since the draw that we’ll both end up in the final and they’ll win it.

I merely pointed out Dean Henderson is ineligible in the semi final and now she’s all depressed :lol:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Wanking themselves silly over the prospect of the ginger Pirlo scoring for Forest against us at Wembley in the last minute. :lol:

Honestly that's some imagination they have, but then again, that's exactly the type of shit that happens constantly to them, not us, so maybe it's not surprising. :smile:

Screenshot_20230111_235553_Chrome.jpg

Meltoon FFS

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Second leg at home is a tasty bit of business. Now, let’s hope Jones can only get a performance like that out of them once.

They will play as well as we allow them to, we are THAT good these days.

City will have expected to win, rocked up, got a punch in the gob and bottled it, we on the other hand are geet hungry.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would like to think the majority of us know that we have two more games to get to the cup final.

Why can't he just let us enjoy it the fucking boring cunt.

Twitter is a fuckin bin fire, half saying we're going to win the cup the other half already bitching about ticket allocation for the final we've got to play two games to qualify for :cuppa:

• Like 2

Congrats guys

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

£142 million for Grealish an Phillips.

£66 for Haaland, Alvarez and Foden.

We all do good and bad business.

We were poor last night.

We lacked spark until we strengthened by which time it was too late, they had something to fight for.

It starts at the back for us and Cancelo seems out of sorts, whilst Walker doesn't work as a CB for me.

But the real problem is that one of our players can't pass, can't tackle, can't control a ball and can't take throw ins, which is a shame as he's a boyhood city fan (yes there are photos) and that's Sergio Gomez.

I wish he was good but i'd rather any of you lot played than him.

Anyway congrats to you all.

I'd say you're outright favourites now. For me, of the teams left it's anyone but Man United (i keep forgetting to add Man and have to come back and add it).

My favourite side of Wembley is the side that gets the Green Man pub, fingers crossed.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Congrats guys

We were poor last night.

We lacked spark until we strengthened by which time it was too late, they had something to fight for.

It starts at the back for us and Cancelo seems out of sorts, whilst Walker doesn't work as a CB for me.

But the real problem is that one of our players can't pass, can't tackle, can't control a ball and can't take throw ins, which is a shame as he's a boyhood city fan (yes there are photos) and that's Sergio Gomez.

I'd say you're outright favourites now. For me, of the teams left it's anyone but Man United (i keep forgetting to add Man and have to come back and add it).

My favourite side of Wembley is the side that gets the Green Man pub, fingers crossed.

The relative performance was similar to us in the FA Cup - left the big guns on the bench, brought them on when you were chasing the game and gave them too much to do.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Congrats guys

We were poor last night.

Pep playing Gundogan with Philips too.

44 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Congrats guys

We were poor last night.

Steady on there, CT is essentially a vegetable with ADHD, Andrew would roid-out in the first ten minutes* and while Haaland is called a machine, Gemmil is literally 50% automoton.

Bad night for you lot, Southampton got in your face and disrupted your patterns, but as you suggest the changes Pep made compounded that. 

I'm sure you can console yourself with a PL title push, a CL trophy hunt and an FA Cup chase too. 

I'm confident we can get past any team over two legs, but I'm not sure that we've the experience throughout the team to turn it on in the Final against Man Utd, who I presume will end up there. I think we'll turn up, but I just think that Man Utd are a very different prospect under Ten Hag than they have been for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Pep playing Gundogan with Philips too.

It seems Gundogan is underrated by many but he was Peps first buy and can be trusted to play at a consistently high level. He was key to us turning 0-2 into 3-2 against Villa last day of last season.

Problem is Rodri needs rest so Phillips needs to play. It takes time for some players to get up to speed in Peps system. It took players like Sane and Cancelo a year. Phillips was injured pre world cup so expect it will take him time to get up to speed.

You can't carry defensive passengers against a pressing team and our main problem was Sergio Gomez being, well, wank. Walker as CB only compounded things. Peps fault on the night imo, but he gets so much right that he's earned the odd off night, plus he's playing a bigger picture in keeping squad fresh.

All in all, i absolutely love this era of Man City. Just as you lot will love yours.

oh one last thing. i believe that he rested Rico Lewis for the Manchester derby. He's 18 and more important to us than Walker !!!  mad.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Steady on there, CT is essentially a vegetable with ADHD, Andrew would roid-out in the first ten minutes* and while Haaland is called a machine, Gemmil is literally 50% automoton.

Bad night for you lot, Southampton got in your face and disrupted your patterns, but as you suggest the changes Pep made compounded that. 

I'm sure you can console yourself with a PL title push, a CL trophy hunt and an FA Cup chase too. 

I'm confident we can get past any team over two legs, but I'm not sure that we've the experience throughout the team to turn it on in the Final against Man Utd, who I presume will end up there. I think we'll turn up, but I just think that Man Utd are a very different prospect under Ten Hag than they have been for a while.

We feel the same about beating any team over 2 legs. Just a shame about Real Madrid last year.

I stand by my assertion that every last one of you Newcastle fans would be better than Sergio Gomez. Mike Ashley included.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

It seems Gundogan is underrated by many but he was Peps first buy and can be trusted to play at a consistently high level. He was key to us turning 0-2 into 3-2 against Villa last day of last season.

Problem is Rodri needs rest so Phillips needs to play. It takes time for some players to get up to speed in Peps system. It took players like Sane and Cancelo a year. Phillips was injured pre world cup so expect it will take him time to get up to speed.

You can't carry defensive passengers against a pressing team and our main problem was Sergio Gomez being, well, wank. Walker as CB only compounded things. Peps fault on the night imo, but he gets so much right that he's earned the odd off night, plus he's playing a bigger picture in keeping squad fresh.

All in all, i absolutely love this era of Man City. Just as you lot will love yours.

oh one last thing. i believe that he rested Rico Lewis for the Manchester derby. He's 18 and more important to us than Walker !!!  mad.

Really like the look of Lewis and Palmer.  The way Pep manages bairns is class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

We feel the same about beating any team over 2 legs. Just a shame about Real Madrid last year.

I stand by my assertion that every last one of you Newcastle fans would be better than Sergio Gomez. Mike Ashley included.

You going to sign anyone else? Want a terrific young prospect? Can play either right or left wing, can fill in at left back too. Passionate, good delivery, loves booting a corner flag into the testicles of a fan. 

May I present Ratthew Mitchie. Yours for only £30m

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You going to sign anyone else? Want a terrific young prospect? Can play either right or left wing, can fill in at left back too. Passionate, good delivery, loves booting a corner flag into the testicles of a fan. 

May I present Ratthew Mitchie. Yours for only £30m

Ahhh but what's his gX ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Ahhh but what's his gX ?

His gX? You want to know his gX? It's Fuck You Craig, Fuck you and YOUR FUCKING INTRANSIGENCE.

get out gtfo GIF by Captain Cuts

• Haha 2